Bands You'd Love To See Reunite

RKOIsmail

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reuben

That's all I came in here to say. Rage already got back together, that was the biggest one for me. Hundred Reasons and Million Dead would be wonderful too.

Anyways, on the topic of bands I''d like to see reunite...The Refused and The Replacements.

Do you mean Refused of New Noise fame, or are Refused and The Refused two different bands? Because I'd love to see Refused come back.

Just glancing at my CD collection...

Black Sabbath: Sure their memory is hugely tainted by hit-and-miss albums following their first five and a half albums, but think how awesome they'd be if they were back. Now I know what you're saying, Ozzy's career has proven that he's a horrible songwri... SHUT THE FUCK UP! Ozzy never wrote anything for Black Sabbath, and just contributed his grainy vocals. Then again, with the formation of Heaven and Hell, you could say that they already have reformed... or at least as reformed as they could possible be.

The Darkness: As long as both Hot Leg and Stone Gods could also continue in some sort of parallel universe <_<

Sleep: Their first album was awesome, their second was weird as hell and I haven't heard anything by High on Fire (or what ever it is that Matt Pike does nowadays)

The Clash: Just because, I feel like we need someone like Joe Strummer around nowadays

The Libertines: So they can sit in the corner and I can ignore them for a second time >_>

i can't think of a single band that wouldn't be improved with the addition of lemmy

I second this.

Sleep: Their first album was awesome, their second was weird as hell and I haven't heard anything by High on Fire (or what ever it is that Matt Pike does nowadays)

High On Fire were dreadful in comparison. Om were the better offshoot of Sleep, although both took the sound in the most logical directions - High On Fire into a more conventionally "metal" direction, while Om went more drone-y and meditative.

But, er, you do realise that Sleep have reformed, right?

Also, Heaven & Hell are on of the worst "reformations" going, even worse than Queen with Paul Rodgers. If you're going to reform a band, don't reform a line-up from the period that you stopped being awesome trendsetters and started mimicking the theatrical shite everybody else was doing. A true Black Sabbath reunion playing the first two or three albums would be nice, but it would still be a pointless nostalgia trip - the albums are there, I'll listen to them if I want to hear them, rather than seeing a group of old men try and replicate what they did over thirty years ago - if I must see a Sabbath soundalike live, I'll go see Electric Wizard or Cathedral or any number of other bands ploughing the same furrow.

Edited by Skummy

Public Image Limited, if only because I'm convinced they could still make fantastic and challenging music, rather than the holiday camp nostalgia act that the Pistols turned into.

Saying stuff like that will get you beaten up.

I can't think of any reunion I really want. Maybe Black Flag.

I suppose it'll be nice to see the 'classic' Guns N' Roses line-up, but only if its in some dingy LA nightclub and Axl turns up on time.

Public Image Limited, if only because I'm convinced they could still make fantastic and challenging music, rather than the holiday camp nostalgia act that the Pistols turned into.

Saying stuff like that will get you beaten up.

Nah, Lydon's mates don't beat up whites.

SCREECHING WEASEL!!!

Hell Is For Heroes

88 Fingers Louie

American Football

The Libertines

The Movielife

Jawbreaker

Cap'n Jazz

Sunny Day Real Estate

Rich Kids On LSD

Avail

Queen

The Tommys (Fuck the mid-tempo shit them birds are trying to peddle at the minute under a different name, it's shit)

The Killing Tree

Zero Down (:()

Bad Astronaut

Operation Ivy

Suicide Machines

Saetia

Hot Cross

Midtown

Allister

Fire Apple Red

Joshua Fit For Battle

Braid

The Dead 60's

HiFi Handgrenades

Break The Silence

Modern Life Is War

...all I can think of for now.

Edited by YI

But, er, you do realise that Sleep have reformed, right?

:o >_< ^_^

I'm not sure what to make of that, but in case you're unaware; Sleep are playing ATP's "Fans Strike Back" festival in May; performing Holy Mountain in its entirety, and choice excerpts from Dopesmoker. I believe they're playing one or two other gigs too, but it's unclear whether they'll continue after that.