Players Returning To Teams Most Associated With

OGpistolpete

Hard to come up with a topic title for this one, but after Ken Griffey Jr. signed back with the Seattle Mariners, where he played most of his career and the team he will get inducted into the hall of fame with, it got me thinking about other aging stars whom I would love to see return to the team's they got famous with.

Shaq back with the Lakers would be awesome. I used to hate both him and Kobe when they were so good together, but if they could just reunite for one more season, it would be really fun to see both of them working together once again.

Sticking with basketball, I would love for Vince Carter to go back to the Toronto Raptors, for another one or two year run before he calls it quits. He will probably have his number retired with the franchise, and I would love to see him go back there for a final run, although he probably won't get anything done.

I would also love to see Manny Ramirez back with the Indians, where he really built a name for himself. Hell, I still have a Manny Ramirez rookie prospect baseball card when he was with the Indians, and is my favorite card ever.

Who else would you like to see return with a team they got famous with or are most associated with?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viduka would inject some pace into our attack for when Beckfords injured

I'm not a fan on players going back to my club, especially ones I have good memories of like McAllister as I think it can help tarnish them. I think thats partly stopping Shearer going in to manage at Newcastle

It's quite hard picking a United player to return that is actually realistic (ie. still playing). The only ones that stayed any good after leaving that come to mind are Nistelrooy, Beckham and Heinze although I might be forgetting one or two. I wouldn't mind either Nistelrooy or Beckham (SAF might though :shifty:) and Heinze acted like such a cunt trying to leave the club that we wouldn't want him. I think Pique came out criticizing the fact that the other players eat a lot of junk and drink quite a bit so he wouldn't want to come back. Rossi will turn out quite good but honestly, there's no place for him in the side and I'd rather he became a world class player elsewhere rather than playing second fiddle to Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov.