Decent PC Joypads

Benji

If you've got a PS3 with a bit of tinkering you can use your PS3 controller on the PC.

Have you tried this? A lot harder than it sounds. I haven't been able to successfully attempt it yet.

Yup. I play shit with my PS3 controller all the time, it only took me about 5-10 minutes of messing around to get it set up.

I also managed to get my PS3 controller working, after some tweaking.

The only annoyance now is that the libusb0.dll file needed to achieve such a thing messes with my 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon with other USB devices. In that it now doesn't show it at all. ¬_¬

I also managed to get my PS3 controller working, after some tweaking.

The only annoyance now is that the libusb0.dll file needed to achieve such a thing messes with my 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon with other USB devices. In that it now doesn't show it at all. ¬_¬

There's a fix for that. My PC used to do that even before I installed the necessary components to use my PS3 controller. I can't remember the fix off the top of my head but I found it doing a bit of googling.

EDIT: You can also use your 360 controller if you've got one. There's a lot less jiggering with things to get your 360 controller working on your PC, and it's compatible with a lot of games that I've played.

Edited by RED Scout Cloudy

The wired Xbox 360 pads work great with a PC, just uses a standard USB connection. You can get them either as a "Xbox 360 pad for Windows" or just in the regular Xbox 360 packaging, the only difference is the Windows one comes with the drivers on a CD and the other one you have to download them. I got mine a few years ago but I assume you can still get them.

If you don't have a console, I use this'un. Although I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have paid £30 for it, so it must've gone up since.

It's... a controller. Yannow? It controls things. Not sure what makes a controller 'good', but it doesn't do anything to make it 'bad', so I'm assuming it's good. I only use it for Rugby '08 and Pro Evo (console games, basically), and it does the job marvellously.

If you've got a PS3 with a bit of tinkering you can use your PS3 controller on the PC.

Have you tried this? A lot harder than it sounds. I haven't been able to successfully attempt it yet.

Yup. I play shit with my PS3 controller all the time, it only took me about 5-10 minutes of messing around to get it set up.

Woah woah woah, hold up. Mind if you spot me some directions. I'm not a complete idiot, but I couldn't get this to work for the life of me.

The wired Xbox 360 pads work great with a PC, just uses a standard USB connection. You can get them either as a "Xbox 360 pad for Windows" or just in the regular Xbox 360 packaging, the only difference is the Windows one comes with the drivers on a CD and the other one you have to download them. I got mine a few years ago but I assume you can still get them.

Pro-tip, the 360 "pad for Windows" also works on the 360, and is ten pounds cheaper than the regular 360 pad, despite being the exact same thing.

Woah woah woah, hold up. Mind if you spot me some directions. I'm not a complete idiot, but I couldn't get this to work for the life of me.

I'll try to find the instructions I used and PM them to you or post them or some shit.

Pro-tip, the 360 "pad for Windows" also works on the 360, and is ten pounds cheaper than the regular 360 pad, despite being the exact same thing.

nudge nudge wink wink.

Say

No

More.