NFL 2009

livid

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Oakland Raiders have no interest in signing wide receiver Terrell Owens — or any other big-name player, for that matter.

The source was probably a team executive who had to speak very, veeeeeery quietly because "Mr. Davis is having his afternoon nap." :D

The Eagles signed safet Sean Jones, formerly of the Browns. Its only a one year deal though. I hope they get a long term deal hammered out during the season. I'd hate him to be a winter rental like Donte Stallworth was

Kevin Acee of The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that negotiations are over between LaDainian Tomlinson and the San Diego Chargers. Now all he has to do is decide whether he want to put his John Hancock on a restructured contract that will lower his salary.

That offer could be for two years or three years. Whatever it is, it will be for less money than the $24 million he is scheduled to make by 2011. What form the new money takes (signing bonus, roster bonus, incentives) is not known.

As Green Bay switches to a 3-4 defense, the team appears to have added a player with experience in the scheme. The Green Bay Press Gazette reports the Packers have agreed to a contract with safety Anthony Smith.

Smith, 25, played in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 3-4 defense the past three years and is well known to the Packers’ new safeties coach, Darren Perry, who was Smith’s defensive backs coach with the Steelers in 2006.

Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and Albert Haynesworth’s agent, Chad Speck, were spotted dining together in Indianapolis during the NFL Scouting Combine a few days before the start of free agency. Since the league does not allow teams to contact agents for players still under contract, The Tennesseean reports that the meeting could be why the Titans would like to pursuing tampering charges against the Washington Redskins.

Well i think it's safe to say that if Trent Edwards stays healthy and plays to his potential this year that he will probably make the Pro Bowl. I think this move has to make The Bills a serious contender in the AFC. I think they can get 10-13 wins if they stay healthy (mainly, Lynch, Edwards, TO and Evans)

Well i think it's safe to say that if Trent Edwards stays healthy and plays to his potential this year that he will probably make the Pro Bowl. I think this move has to make The Bills a serious contender in the AFC. I think they can get 10-13 wins if they stay healthy (mainly, Lynch, Edwards, TO and Evans)

Really?

TO will get pissy if Lee Evans even gets a hint of a ball thrown his way. He'll get pissy if Edwards under/over-throws him more than once. The Bills are still going to be battling the Jets for third in the division, I wouldn't put them at any more than 9-7. I'm a little bitter because I always look at the Bills and pick them as some sort of sleeper, and they always let me down, but still, adding a destructive element like Owens, regardless of his ability, is not going to make them a playoff contender.

Really?

TO will get pissy if Lee Evans even gets a hint of a ball thrown his way. He'll get pissy if Edwards under/over-throws him more than once. The Bills are still going to be battling the Jets for third in the division, I wouldn't put them at any more than 9-7. I'm a little bitter because I always look at the Bills and pick them as some sort of sleeper, and they always let me down, but still, adding a destructive element like Owens, regardless of his ability, is not going to make them a playoff contender.

The Jets aren't battling for anything at all, with Kellen Clemens or Bret Ratliff they will be LUCKY to have 7 wins.

The Bills are a steadily improving team, with a good running game, and now there passing game will be good aswell. TO isn't as bad as your making him out to be, it's been shown he is usually "good" for the first season or most of it. And he wants a ring, and i'm not saying Buffalo will win one, but with TO, Evans, and Lynch they have as much of a shot as almost anyone, and could do it.

TO had options he picked the Bills for a reason, probably because he knows that he can help them contend for a championship.

I'd take Clemens over Edwards any day.

Good receivers need someone to throw to them, consistently. They're also reliant on a decent line to give the QB time.

I doubt Owens had many options if he snapped up an offer that quick for that price.

If it's success he wants, he's going to be frustrated. And what happens when he gets frustrated?

Three players do not make an offense. And they're not the best players players in their own division, nevermind the league.

You're*

Their*

TO had options he picked the Bills for a reason, probably because he knows that he can help them contend for a championship.

That's bullshit. He would've signed more than a one year deal if that was the case. :/ Plus he's in the AFC East, Brady's back. No way.

The nickname "TE-TO" that I've heard is crazy cool though.

That's bullshit. He would've signed more than a one year deal if that was the case. :/ Plus he's in the AFC East, Brady's back. No way.

The nickname "TE-TO" that I've heard is crazy cool though.

Maybe the Bills don't trust him. Also for a team I have never seen make the playoffs, a team that gets no talk, and I team that hasn't made that playoffs since 99 and no were near to making them, and with Wilson at 90 years old already, this is a good move.

Edited by RavenFollower

I'd take Clemens over Edwards any day.

Good receivers need someone to throw to them, consistently. They're also reliant on a decent line to give the QB time.

I doubt Owens had many options if he snapped up an offer that quick for that price.

If it's success he wants, he's going to be frustrated. And what happens when he gets frustrated?

Three players do not make an offense. And they're not the best players players in their own division, nevermind the league.

You're*

Their*

I like Kellen Clemens, but Trent Edwards is way better then him at this point in their careers. Trent Edwards is a good QB, he may someday become a great QB.

I never said they were the best players in there divison, but that doesn't mean they won't get a wild card spot.

This is a great move in terms of selling tickets. I also think that, finally, the Bills have more then one options for Edwards to throw to. Without the good receiving TE or HB, I think TO and Evans can both share the load. This move can make Edwards and Evans better.

I never said they were the best players in there divison, but that doesn't mean they won't get a wild card spot.

They won't even get a wildcard spot. New England missed the playoffs at 11-5 last season, while the bar probably won't be as high this season I still don't see the Bills fending off the Ravens/Steelers, Colts/Titans or Broncos/Chargers.