Futurama may return to Fox

MalaCloudy Black

http://www.inquisitr.com/18383/futurama-might-return-to-fox/

Actor Billy West, the voice of Fry, Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Brannigan and more told the audience at the Anime Supercon in Florida recently that due to the strong sales of the Futurama DVD’s, Fox is considering a 6th season for a show they once canned due to poor ratings.

I kinda hope this is true, but I'd have really rather seen Comedy Central pick up a 6th season. Fox, like that guy from AIC News said, really mistreated the show - in its last year or so it was a pain in the ass to figure out when Futurama would be on. I guess they could stick it on the "Animation Domination" Sunday block, but they've already got The Simpsons, The Cleveland Show, KOTH (though on its way out), American Dad, Family Guy.. christ, it's like a Seth MacFarlane love-in. But yeah, anyway.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... I'm torn on this. On one hand, I love this show and don't think there's really an episode that, if it were on, I'd shut off from the tv.

On the other hand, I'm afraid it would wind up like Family Guy for me, where I love the show for what it was, but begin to hate it for what it's become.

Eh, fuck it. Bring the show back, Fox. Then after that, bring back Titus. And Andy Richter. That's all.

I just can't find any cynicism for Futurama. The last season was just as good as the early ones and the only gripe I really have with the movies are that they're (by necessity) kind of epic in feel. I liked the fact that Futurama always had varied, interesting concepts for almost every episode and stuck pretty firmly to them. They weren't grasping for some theme to keep it fresh ... unlike 'The Simpsons are going to Delaware!'

Thats cause the good Simpsons writers headed over to Futurama, hence why Futurama was chock full of all the beautiful satire and parody that The Simpsons once had and are now painfully devoid of.

How many times is Futurama supposedly going to come back? I thought there was a deal awhile back for new episodes on Adult Swim, then Comedy Central and nothing came of either?

The Comedy Central deal was, iirc, that the movies would be split up into four episodes and aired there.

Ah... but they just ended up showing the movies in full, correct? I haven't watched Comedy Central in months save for The Daily Show.

Nah. Well. Kind of? They split each movie up into 4 episodes and wound up playing them one after the other for 2 hours.

Ah... but they just ended up showing the movies in full, correct? I haven't watched Comedy Central in months save for The Daily Show.

Nah. Well. Kind of? They split each movie up into 4 episodes and wound up playing them one after the other for 2 hours.

From what I understand, the movies can also be cut up into 4 episodes and can stand alone as single shows.

But for gods sake, end this show. If they bring it back, it shows just how bad TV execs are hurting for good ideas.

From what I understand, the movies can also be cut up into 4 episodes and can stand alone as single shows.

But for gods sake, end this show. If they bring it back, it shows just how bad TV execs are hurting for good ideas.

The world already knows this, why end one of the best shows on television just to spite stifled creativity?

They were going to split them up and redo parts to make them stand-alone tv episodes. Wasn't really viable, especially with the second movie (which was pretty average anyway).

i loved futurama, but i dont think they should make outright new episodes. part of the problem thats happened with family guy, imo, is that once it got brought back, the pepople baaically realized "hey, we could put out a crappy program and people will still love us."

if futurama comes back as it was then i am all for it. i've only seen the first movie so i cant comment on those too much

Oh what the fuck. Who in their right mind thought CLEVELAND would be a good choice for a spinoff? Who thought ANYONE from Family Guy would be good enough to get their own spinoff? Ugh... Fox... What the fuck?

Oh, and the image on Wiki shows Cleveland, skinny wife, daughter, fat son, baby son... So.... The Griffins.... IN COLOR! Black at least. I expect the baby to be every black stereotype rolled into one instead of being bent on destruction and evilness and the like, and I expect the bear voiced by Seth to hit on Clevelands wife in typical Brian fashion.

Edited by Vitamin E