The 2008 Scummy Awards - The AWARDS Thread!

How about we keep a nominations thread open permanently? If we're going to be doing this every 12 months there's a good chance we'll forget stuff at the start of the year and leaving a thread open year-round will let people record their suggestions as time goes on. Then if there are loads of nominations come the end of the year they can be whittled down instead of the nomination process we have at the moment.

We won't necessarily remember things like good fakeclaims or particularly bad individual scum performances - that was my thinking. There's a tendency just to remember something because it's a running joke rather than because it's particularly memorable.

Actually, maybe this would all be solved by having someone write a proper objective description of the nominees. Maybe even the categories themselves, because even after skimming through I can't see why the town in Mythology Mafia was the best town in the entire year of the Mafia Cube. It was RW playing awesomely, one mafia playing shit and another one not really doing anything and whimpering out of existence. Surely the Best Town should have good play from numerous people?

Thug: I'll definitely be voting for Gotham Mafia in any and every category including Best Fakeclaim. Most fun I've ever had.

Yeah, honestly? I wouldn't have voted Mythology Mafia for best town. RW had a Jesus ability, and the Mafias--both of them--played pretty terribly. Lots of people won, but it was mostly RW. As far as pure town performance--using a minimum of resources to nail the baddies--Invasion Mafia was one of the best performances I've seen recently.

Best town was WWF Invasion Mafia. Dukes had the best fake claim ever and our vig still saw through it. I autolynched scum on the first day. LCS tricked D-Day into claiming Kane. We were robbed :@

Yeah, it's too bad I died before I could've given Dukes the old stunner. :(

But yeah, that was probably my best mafia read ever. All downhill from there. >_>

Edited by thuggernaut

Oh and as for -A-'s idea, I think it's worth trying. As long as we don't clog the thread up with too much useless chatter so that when we go back to look over it come awards time, it's not too much of a chore.

If we're only doing one a year, the newbie award needs to be scrapped as well.

Yeah, I'd be in favour of that. I think I proposed that ages ago when Sousa decided he was gonna do them in a mass MSN chat. There's five games running at any given time and most don't last more than a few weeks so the amount we have to remember if we do it anually is ridiculous.