Reading/Leeds Festival

YI

YAAAAYYY!!!!! They played SHARKS!!! Was NOT expecting that. :o Awesome. :D

BOOOO!!!!!

BOOOO!!!

No announcement tonight. :(

"Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" springs to mind with Festival Republic, it's twice they've done this. Apparently the Lock Up line-up is all sorted, but there's PR/contracts and stuff to sort out, so apparently nothing can be announced tonight. Seriously, I know they're generally a bit shit with announcements, but this year's taken the piss, all the shit, just for Lostprophets and now this.

However, he already 'announced' Mad Caddies. Actually he said "they're playing in the summer.......think about it" (or along those lines). So hopefully he does more of the same throughout the night.

Frank Turner interview/mass of tunes, it's great. :)

But yeah, next week it's being announced, pile of shit. I'll keep listening anyway, pulling an allnighter to finish assignments.

Proper stoked for Mad Caddies (although I do believe I am probably the only person in the country who likes ska at this point), could see them in roughly the Goldfinger spot (maybe a little earlier) from last year.

Apparently there was a hinting at Alexisonfire too. They were great on main stage last year (even if I could only recognise the last two tracks), but I'd much rather them be in a tent.

Edited by YI

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FAITH NO MORE!!!!!

http://www.fnm.com/tour-dates.shtml

fnmm.jpg

Screenshot incase they take it down.

I'm not massive on them, but I know a lot of people are.

Plus it'll finally shut up all the cunts (not here) who say "They're playing so-&-so festival, they wont be playing" about every band that's mentioned.

Efestivals has them slotted in between Kings Of Leon and Kaiser Chiefs, although they also 'fit the bill' of the 'legendary' NME headliner Festival Republic were touting. You'd think, they're headlining Download, why play a 'tent' at Leeds...but I guess maybe wanting a more 'intimate' show (I say 'intimate' the NME/Radio 1 tent is still massive...anything that has to have a barrier IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE or it ceases to be 'intimate'...I love how people underestimate how big the tent actually is, I was seriously further away for The Cribs than I was for any of the bands I saw on the main stage)...would be a right kick to the bollocks of Download if their headline band was on the 2nd stage at Leeds/Reading though (with one of their headliners from last year...and The Gossip :shifty:)

Also, according to efestivals the next announcement is midnight on Monday (and Mike Davies apparently doing the Lock Up 2-hours later).

Also, Fun Lovin' Criminals are added to efestivals as a "Strong Rumour"...playing the Lock-Up...WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! Surely not...just...no...please...no. The Lock-Up?!?! Sweet lord, surely not.

Edited by YI

Apparently when he put 'new tour dates' on his twitter, Leeds and Reading were a part of it, then he quickly took them off. I think more than likely there's just been a ballsup and they've accidentally been announced too early.

As for the Download "exclusivity" thing. They claimed that last year for Lost Prophets, who then played "V"...so, you never know.

The problem with speculating is that you set yourself up for disappointment and I've totally set myself up for a downfall here...but there's a festival in Europe a week before Leeds/Reading, where if you look at the line-up for it, it's got me excited as fuck...but I can't help fell I'm setting myself up for disappointment...but outside of the 'European bands', these are playing;

Faith No More [rumoured for Leeds/Reading, were self-confirmed but it was taken down

Rise Against [self-confirmed for Leeds]

The Offspring [rumoured heavily for Leeds, especially seeing as they're now playing France on the 29th...although they'd have been announced already, but still, here to prove my point that every non-European band at this Festival could be/appears to be playing Leeds]

Deftones [confirmed for Leeds]

AFI [confirmed for Leeds]

Eagles Of Death Metal [confirmed for Leeds]

Anti-Flag [self-confirmed for Leeds]

Thursday [self-confirmed for Leeds]

Mad Caddies [Mike Davies 'confirmed']

Zebrahead [strong rumour for Leeds]

and

THE GET UP KIDS!!!!

...sweet christ...calm me down, I'm so going to end up disappointed aren't I? :(

Just in case anyone didn't manage to get a ticket, head over to seetickets now because there has been a release of more tickets!

Link

EDIT: Just so you know, I got mine tonight, confirmation came straight through, none of this error stuff when you try to finalise the payment.

Edited by 619 fan

HOOOOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! THE LOCK UP IS IMMENSE!!!! FUCKING IMMENSE!!!! SWEET CHRIST!!! :D No Get Up Kids, but still...SWEET FUCKING CHRIST!!!

Leeds (Friday)/Reading (Saturday)

Rise Against

Thursday

The Bronx

Mad Caddies

Rival Schools

Set Your Goals

Snuff

Municipal Waste

A Wilhelm Scream

Chuck Ragan

Polar Bear Club

The Computers

Leeds (Sunday)/Reading (Friday)

Billy Talent

Anti-Flag

Alexisonfire

The Bouncing Souls

Leftover Crack

The Aggrolites

Streetlight Manifesto

Fake Problems

The Riverboat Gamblers

The Flatliners

The Ghost Of A Thousand

The Plight

Friday at Leeds...with the exception of Set Your Goals (who I can at least stomach), I'd happily sit in that tent all fucking day. Polar Bear Club -> Chuck Ragan -> A Wilhelm Scream -> Municipal Waste -> Snuff...HOLY SHIT!!!

Edited by YI

I've actually been seeing the Lock-Up getting some shit, I honestly can't believe it. It's hands down the best the stage has looked, overall...well...EVER!?!?!

One complaint is that you've been able to see 'all these bands' in the UK at some point this year...true to a certain respect, but let's break it down;

Rise Against - Great band, new album's shit. Did a headline tour here in March, cancelled Newcastle (AGAIN!) so couldn't catch them...doubt I'd ever catch them at this point, as the setlist would probably upset me too much. :(

Thursday - Did Give It A Name, and possibly a couple of side shows (I don't know) this year...so, what? 4 shows. Besides that I think it's a good couple of years since they played here (and have released a new album since then) and on that tour they too cancelled their Newcastle date, would love to see them.

The Bronx - Have done a small tour this year, but I think it was mostly down South. Another band I have not had the chance to see, would love to.

Mad Caddies - It's been a couple of years since they've been here, as I remember their gig clashing with another band I wanted to see (Apples In Stereo rings a bell)...in the end, due to people bailing etc, I ended up seeing neither. Would love to see.

Rival Schools - Reformed last year, played Download and a few sideshows, none near enough me to go as far as I remember. Would love to see.

Set Your Goals - Have been over a fair bit I believe. Toured with NFG last year. Not really a fan.

Snuff - Recently reformed doing/have done like 2 shows with NOFX (again not near me)...would like to see them

Municipal Waste - EPIC! Were here...shortly after their last album came out (2007?). I think they may have played up here, but for whatever reason didn't go, probably due to not having anyone to go with. Would like to see them.

A Wilhelm Scream - Were over last summer and last January. I saw them in January, as well as January the year before. However, by the time Leeds rolls around they will have a new EP and maybe a new album (they're recording both) released, so that's an abundance of new material. Plus, they fucking rock!

Chuck Ragan - Did like 3 shows back in 2007. Plus he's recording new material. Would love to see him (would have preferred Hot Water Music though :shifty:).

Polar Bear Club - Will have seen 3-times before Leeds...but are awesome. Only made their first appearance in the UK this year. I'll probably see them again, mostly because their 2nd album is apparently due for the summer, so again, new material. Plus they deserve the opportunity to play/be accessible for more people.

The Computers - UK band...on myspace they sound shit...don't care. :shifty:

Billy Talent - Playing Download, a couple of sideshows...did a similar thing last year with Give It A Name. New material in June/July, so again, good announcement. Were awesome at Give It A Name...would have loved to got a ticket for the Newcastle Download sideshow (in Academy 2 :o) but couldn't. This is the next best thing. :D

Anti-Flag - Played Leeds last year...twice...meh...toured with Rise Against this year...yeah, could have definitely lived without Anti-Flag, especially seeing as I don't think they have new material due.

Alexisonfire - Are doing 3 London dates before Leeds. Think they may have been over for a few shows last year as well. But again, new album coming out. Should be rocking.

Bouncing Souls - I missed them with The Draft in 07 because of flu. :( It's their 20th year...they're releasing new material (some of which is obscenely good)...yeah they're doing 4 UK dates, but none I can get to comfortably...so sod it, this is awesome. Would love to see them.

Leftover Crack - Haven't been over since 2007. Used to hate these because of the singer's voice, but started to get into them around Christmas. Would happily see them.

The Aggrolites - Not fussed about seeing.

Streetlight Manifesto - Were over in December, and did one or two dates this year as part of a European tour too. One of the best live bands I have ever seen. In fact it's probably a toss-up between them and The Weakerthans as to who wins. Have their 'covers collection' coming out soon.

Fake Problems - Good band, kind of like Hold Steady/2nd album Gaslight Anthem mould. Not sure when they were last here, but are touring with Frank Turner in October...will more than likely be hitting up the Newcastle show on that tour.

The Riverboat Gamblers - New album is awesome. Honestly don't know if they've ever toured over here. Will definitely want to check them out.

The Flatliners - Currently over with NOFX. But who wants to fork out £17.50 for that. Would happily see them.

The Ghost Of A Thousand - From the UK, of course there'd be plenty of chances to see them.

The Plight - See above.

It's a bloody marvellous line-up in my opinion, better than I actually expected it to be. Yes there's been a chance to see a good amount of these bands, but they've either been 'limited', such as; Snuff, Alexisonfire, Thursday, Rival Schools etc. And there's a bunch of others touring with new material.

Edited by YI

Lethal Bizzle added to the NME tent on Saturday (Leeds)/Sunday (Reading)...making it the strangest looking NME tent day...well...possibly ever? :shifty:

Also, the rumour is that Pendulum are the 'Special Guests'.

Alexisonfire are seemingly doing a set on the main stage as well as the lock-up.

The Get Up Kids are apparently playing. :D Sunday Festival Republic headliner would be the most amazing thing ever.

The Virgins have self-confirmed. As have Dananananannanananananananananananananananannaannananananananaannakroyd.

And Download's website apparently no longer lists Faith No More as "UK Festival Exclusives", haven't been arsed to check if that's true or not.

Edited by YI

Actually, The Pigeon Detectives thing wasn't actually announced was it? (As all hype had Grammatics as headlining)

It was just a secret set, was it not? I can't really remember. All I know is I was fucked off the mud was so shitty I missed Grammatics.

Edited by YI

Actually, The Pigeon Detectives thing wasn't actually announced was it? (As all hype had Grammatics as headlining)

It was just a secret set, was it not? I can't really remember. All I know is I was fucked off the mud was so shitty I missed Grammatics.

It was announced on the Monday or Tuesday, one or the other. They couldn't announce until V-Fest which was the weekend before Leeds.