Formula One 2009

Adam

An incident laden opening. I still think Button could win the title today, I thought it before the race and I think it even more now, he's making great progress. I can't see why Trulli is so angry at Sutil, and I like Brundle & Legard totally failed to notice Alonso even get taken out there. The Heikki-Kimi pit lane incident was scary, good job Kimi and everyone is ok after that.

I think you may be right. They just posted the projected scores. If Button keeps this up, he'd have enough points to win the championship. One point more than his closest competitor (Reubens), even if Reubens wins Abu Dhabi and Button scores zilch.

If this happens, it'd be the third straight year the title is decided by one point.

EDIT: Fuck, a punctured tire? Barichello really is jinxed.

EDIT: Congrats Jenson!

Edited by maninblack

Poor Rubens. Poor, poor bloke. Hamilton has essentially helped his fellow countryman win the title-cue the conspiracies now! Myself, I think it's the Interlagos curse rearing it's ugly head again.

But, I must commend Hamilton on *touch wood* helping my prediction come true!

EDIT: Jenson Button WINS the 2009 World Championship! Unlucky for Rubens, but Jenson fully deserves it, as does the Brawn team. Loving the karaoke over the radio too :lol:

Edited by AdamDRFC

Webber wins - which makes me happy.

Button wins the World Title after a top top quality drive today - he was awesome. Really glad he won the title. He's won the most GP this season and he's barely put a foot wrong in the races - just his qualifications have let him down at times.

Yay Jenson!

The way I was reacting throughout the race, I clearly wanted Button to win, despite my indecisiveness before. Obviously I'm ecstatic about the victory, I just hope Barrichello is signed up to Brawn next year and gets another shot. I'd love to see him win a championship.

Also, if Kobayashi isn't in a F1 car next year, then every constructor combined is an idiot. He may be extremely aggressive, borderline dangerous, but the way he fended off Button when someone like Grosjean cowered was admirable. When Kobayashi learns F1 is a softer sport, they've got one hell of a driver in their hands.

Webber did a fine job in winning. Congrats to Jenson too

BTW Channel 10 (The Australian Broadcaster of F1) was mentioning that Kimi could end up at Red Bull with Webber going to Toro Rosso. Anyone else hear that?

Unfortunately Rubens going to Williams looks to be just about a done deal, which is a shame, but I can't wait to see how Nico Rosberg does in a properly competitive car.

Not very well. He's destined to be a Johnny Herbert level driver, to be honest.

How dare you suley the name of Johnny Herbet :angry:

Also some world champions didn't look destined to win titles until they got into competitive cars. If you had told me in 1992/3 that Mika Hakkinen was going to be a double world champion I would have laughed, and Fernando Alonso hardly looked world calss when driving for Minardi. I mean to call him a "Johnny Herbet level driver" is insulting to both of them, you only get a small fraction of the drivers who become World Champions, and personally I think a lot of drivers would be happy to get to the "Johnny Herbet level." Fuck it, as a Brit wouldn't you be proud to have won the British Grand Prix? Not that many British folk can say that.

Webber did a fine job in winning. Congrats to Jenson too

BTW Channel 10 (The Australian Broadcaster of F1) was mentioning that Kimi could end up at Red Bull with Webber going to Toro Rosso. Anyone else hear that?

Indeedy I have heard that; Webber himself has thrown fuel onto that particular fire. I don't think it'll happen though.

Anyway, here's an interesting article which I'm sure will please quite a few F1 fans should it become reality:

Oct.21 (GMM) Nick Heidfeld was the forgotten man of the 2010 silly-season, but he could be in the running for a coveted seat at McLaren or Renault.

The Abendzeitung newspaper reports that, with Lewis Hamilton pushing hard against the prospect of sharing a team with Nico Rosberg or Kimi Raikkonen next year, Germany's 32-year-old Heidfeld has emerged as a candidate.

"He is the most under rated driver in formula one," McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh, likely to part with Hamilton's current teammate Heikki Kovalainen at the end of the season, is quoted as saying.

And Mercedes' Norbert Haug adds: "He (Heidfeld) brings over ten years of consistently strong performances."

Germany's Bild newspaper said Heidfeld, who debuted for Prost in 2000 and also raced with Sauber, Jordan, Williams and BMW although never winning a race, is also in the running for the Renault seat currently occupied by Romain Grosjean.

Source: http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/article/1256118849/formula_one/F1gossip/Heidfeld-may-be-in-demand/view.html

Personally, I think Heidfeld at McLaren would be glorious. They're my second team though; I've stayed loyal to Jenson for far too long to abandon him. :wub: Congrats to him and Brawn as well.

Oct.21 (GMM) Nick Heidfeld was the forgotten man of the 2010 silly-season, but he could be in the running for a coveted seat at McLaren or Renault.

The Abendzeitung newspaper reports that, with Lewis Hamilton pushing hard against the prospect of sharing a team with Nico Rosberg or Kimi Raikkonen next year, Germany's 32-year-old Heidfeld has emerged as a candidate.

"He is the most under rated driver in formula one," McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh, likely to part with Hamilton's current teammate Heikki Kovalainen at the end of the season, is quoted as saying.

And Mercedes' Norbert Haug adds: "He (Heidfeld) brings over ten years of consistently strong performances."

Germany's Bild newspaper said Heidfeld, who debuted for Prost in 2000 and also raced with Sauber, Jordan, Williams and BMW although never winning a race, is also in the running for the Renault seat currently occupied by Romain Grosjean.

Source: http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/article/1256118849/formula_one/F1gossip/Heidfeld-may-be-in-demand/view.html

Personally, I think Heidfeld at McLaren would be glorious. They're my second team though; I've stayed loyal to Jenson for far too long to abandon him. :wub: Congrats to him and Brawn as well.

That would be glorious, I :wub: me some Quick Nick.

On the other news, I don't know why Webber would willingly give up a contract at a strong team for its weaker little sister, especially when he had such a good season following a serious injury, and he is still more than capable and young enough, to keep challenging for the title should the car be good enough.

I would also like to see Kobyashi with a seat next year, his drive for Toyota was really good fun on Sunday, and the fact he drove like he was completely nutso at least kept me entertained.

I'd like to see Heidfeld at McLaren, could complement Hamilton well. I can't stand the McLaren team anymore, but that'd be a decent seat for him to chase a win. I'm unsure of Renault's projected strength for next season, but it'd certainly be strange if he immediately rejoined Kubica as teammate.

So, a big day for the FIA tomorrow, as the new President to succeed Mosley is being appointed. Jean Todt, the former Ferrari boss, or Ari Vatanen, the former world rally champion, will get the seat. I hope Vatanen wins it as he seems to want true transparency in F1 concerning the presence of the FIA, whereas Todt being elected would likely just see a continuation of the fraught Mosley era.

Well it seems that Kimi only wants more money from Toyota to join them, which would put Kobayashi out of the picture for getting a drive with them. Hopefully though, he will get a drive next year (maybe at Lotus?) because he did prove himself to be a pretty fine talent. Also, it seems likely that Hulkenburg is going to get promoted to race driver by Williams, so it'd be him and Barrichello at this rate.

And Heidfeld finally gettig the McLaren drive would be awesome. Although where this leave Kovalainen is anybody's guess. Back at Renault, probably, as Kubica's number two.

Alonso is starting with a 400pt headstart next year and all the other teams have to give Ferrari anything they like, including wives, girlfriends and children.