Formula One 2009

Adam

Yeah Bernie mentioned it last month-the US-based team (USGPA or something) are almost guaranteed to get in and might try and draft in Danicka Patrick, Davey Richards is lining up another move-his Prodrive team nearly made it in before but the FIA rejected them because they were basically McLaren 2, and now he might bring in Aston Martin, plus Lola are trying to get back in.

Should be interesting either way.

I love how everyone was going "WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN WHEN WE GET TO BARCELONA"...and it's Brawn, Red Bull, Toyota, Williams as the main four. And Brawn still kick ass.

I have a feeling those 50 points will become 60+ come Sunday...

Yup, I've heard a few people worrying about Brawn's chances of maintaining their superiority due to the whole 'EVERYONE IS GETTING MAJOR UPDATES IN SPAIN!' thing that's been talked about for a few weeks, but they've all discounted the fact that Brawn too count as 'everyone'.

Plus, when is Rosberg gonna translate practice pace into race pace? He's topped 8 of the 14 sessions this season so far but only has 3.5 points.

If I recall, he was actually about 5th or so by the time the race stopped in Malaysia, and lest we forget he was leading - convincingly - in China until the tyres and traffic completely fucked him over. I think that the Williams car just generally kind of sucks over long periods, and he needs to get out of there ASAP. I think he'd be wise snooping either at BMW to replace Heidfeld (or Kubica if he leaves), or maybe even at Brawn, since I don't see Rubens staying longer than this season (because now he has a car that he can respectably retire in, unlike the Honda).

I honestly wonder what the grid is going to look like this time next year. It's pretty obvious that USGP are going to nab one of the three new spots, since Bernie all but confirmed them a while back - and who they'll have driving for them is a complete mystery. I mean, even Jacques Villeneuve is up for it, along with Danica Patrick (and one would presume Scott Speed might get a look in if you're going to go for F1 experience). Aston Martin/Prodrive will probably go and snatch a couple of British drivers, while if Super Aguri returns, one would naturally assume that they'd draft Taku back in along with Davidson.

Then you've got the rumour that Alonso is off to Ferrari, while Bernie is determined to get Vettel out of the Red Bull and to one of the "bigger" teams (although whether that's necessary or not is a different matter right now). Kubica is bound to jump out of the BMW at this rate, while Lewis is seemingly questioning McLaren. Really, the only two drivers I can see being in the same cars they are in right now by the start of 2010 are Nick Heidfeld, Timo Glock, Mark Webber and (probably) Jenson Button...

There's a long way to go to 2010 though, I mean, we only got two driver seat changes for this season (Vettel & Buemi) but I'm looking forward to the prospect of three new teams. Not sure Villenueve should bother coming back though, he's been pretty unspectacular in the sport since about 1997.

I really hope Davidson secures a seat for next year, he should be driving the cars, not commentating on them, I've always thought he had decent potential.

I don't get it, but it is pretty funny. Raikkonen just doesn't have his head in the game, I don't care what he told DC, it's blatantly obvious.

So, a Ferrari & a McLaren out already, this weekend has gotten off to a good start!

Ughhhh...I don't want Massa to get Pole. The only thing I'm taking from this is the fact that Ferrari are generally good in Spain...so maybe Massa's just doing alright thanks to the track (which'll probably happen in Istanbul, too). Hamilton out in 14th is always funny to see, too.

Anyone else thinking a Rubens victory?

I honestly can't see Barrichello winning a race all year, but I'd love to see it. Button is better than him in the same car as has been shown in every race this year. I'm glad Hamilton is out, hopefully a Brawn, Toyota or Red Bull will keep Massa off of pole, it'll be interesting to see how Alonso does here too.

He did and it's a superb result. It didn't look like Jenson was going to be able to get the car on pole at all this weekend, but there ya go. It's gonna be him or Vettel celebrating victory tomorrow again I feel.