So what are you playing now?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Bioshock which was great but the ending let me down a bit.

Now playing Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe on XBOX 360 which is a fun game but I usually lose interest after 45 minutes and on PC I'm playing Cycling Manager 4 (because I have a crappy computer). It's lots of fun but tto bad it's so outdated.

Currently trying to get the platinum trophy for FIFA 09. Once I've got it I'll move back on to my recently purchased BioShock.

I would try to get that, if it didn't involve playing Manager Mode. Not even a platinum coloured trophy is enough to persuade me to play that shite.

Which reminds me...I would go and get the Burnout Paradise platinum trophy, but I need to buy a camera and send a mugshot to do so. Again, fuck that.

I'm going to play Metal Gear Solid 4 again now.The last time I played was a no alert/ no healing items/no continues/no kills run.Just on easy but yeah <_< This time will be just rushing through it with no restrictions whatsoever,next time the same run as above but on a harder difficulty. I just :wub: this game.

Edit: And IF I'm tired of it,Guitar Hero all the way.

Edited by fr34k

Going at it with SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 again; this time doing a custom King Of The Ring tournament, simulating the 2008 one. Yeah, I have no creativity at all. <_< At the Punk against Matt Hardy match at the moment, off course playing as the winning part CM Punk. Previous was a pretty one-way battle between Jericho and MVP where Jericho pinned MVP following a quick ste-up Enzuiguri. Oh, also replaced Hornswoggle (Regal's real-life opponent) with that stupid Tony character, just so I could punish the guy.

Mirror's Edge

Ugh, coming off of the fluid movements found in POP this is just downright bleh. It's not a horrible game, but it's such a chore to play through it. Maybe I just suck, but once you incorporate enemies in the levels you either have to make a perfect run to escape, take part in the shoddy combat system or you die(In my case this happens a lot) Really disappointed in this and can't wait to get through ti to send it back to LoveFilm and forget it exists.

Mirror's Edge

Ugh, coming off of the fluid movements found in POP this is just downright bleh. It's not a horrible game, but it's such a chore to play through it. Maybe I just suck, but once you incorporate enemies in the levels you either have to make a perfect run to escape, take part in the shoddy combat system or you die(In my case this happens a lot) Really disappointed in this and can't wait to get through ti to send it back to LoveFilm and forget it exists.

You disgust me.

Picked up Pandemonium on the PS1 last night. Awh man, I miss the days when platform games were king and Pandemonium was one of the best games ever made. :( I also have Crash Bandicoot to play through soon, and that's going to be an emotional experience for sure.

Mirror's Edge

You disgust me.

Quite. Just because the combat isn't CoD and you aren't flipping and flying around like Ninja Gaiden doesn't make it a bad game. It's just different.

Mirror's Edge

You disgust me.

Quite. Just because the combat isn't CoD and you aren't flipping and flying around like Ninja Gaiden doesn't make it a bad game. It's just different.

I don't like or expect a Ninja Gaiden type game, I just don't think the fighting in this game is as fun or easy as it should be. That wouldn't be a problem at all if I wasn't put in a situation where I am forced to take out the enemies to advance or I'm shot to death. Sure a lot of the situations you can escape through climbing to higher ground but I'm now on a section where it seems downright impossible to evade enemies without using a gun(which I'm trying my hardest not to do but I think I'm going to have to) I'm getting sick of just pressing Y when a gun goes red and then running on to the next section to see an animated silhouette pull off really cool moves on guards during a loading screen. The physical combat falls flat, which is a shame because, even though I don't find the platforming sections astounding, if the game was a little more well-rounded I'd be able to appreciate it as a nice start to a new series.

Just finished Persona 4, and it had a MUCH more satisfying final boss battle and ending than 3 did.

Only read this if you've beaten Persona 3 - this doesn't contain a really major spoiler for 4, so you won't learn anything that will spoil your fun if you've finished 3 but not 4:

The main character doesn't die at the end this time.

With regards to Mirror's Edge, 95% of the time you can, and should, ignore the guards. Afterall you can win a trophy for not killing anyone for the whole game. Ridiculously hard but I guess not impossible.

In the sections where killing or disarming makes things much easier then I tend to just take a running flying kick into them or a sliding kick rather than running up, slowing down time and disarming. There are various ways of defeating a guard so it doesn't need to be repetitive. When you have a gun in hand it feels like an FPS anyway and the game is MEANT to be a bit trial and error at times. It took me LOADS of attempts to complete:

the section where you have to run down the large staircase near the end of the game after sniping the police van to rescue your sister in which loads of guards are running up to get you and there's guys with assault rifles and heavy machine guns shooting up from below. Just REALLY tricky for me!

For me the only time when combat was ANNOYING though was...

Celeste

Resistance 1!

Had a $30 EB Games voucher so only had to pay $5 for it so thought it'd be worth the investment. Played through the first two stages and thought it was quite exciting, albeit a little tough when all of your allies die withiin seconds of an attack from the enemy so you're left to fight on your own. Probably going to try my best to finish this then buy Resistance 2.

So is Resistance 2 so much better than the first one?

So is Resistance 2 so much better than the first one?

I'm probably about halfway through the second one, and on the whole, I prefer the surroundings of the second game, but I can see why people still prefer the first. Having a woman narrate the story would make things better in the second, simply because they used it in the first and it worked well before a cut-scene/mission.