2009 MLB Season

sahyder1

Opening Day is here so time now to real quick throw out your predictions for this year.

AL Division Winners

Red Sox

Twins

Angels

Wildcard

Rays

MVP - Evan Longoria

Cy Young - Roy Halladay

Rookie of the Year - David Price (Granted he's up in the majors early enough)

Manager of the Year - Cito Gaston

NL Division Winners

Mets

Cubs

Dodgers

Wildcard

Marlins

MVP - David Wright

Cy Young - Tim Lincecum

Rookie of the Year - Cameron Maybin

Manager of the Year - Dusty Baker

Playoffs

Rays over Angels

Red Sox over Twins

Mets over Dodgers

Cubs over Marlins

Red Sox over Rays

Mets over Cubs

World Series

Mets over Red Sox

This is just a quick look from me. I'll try to post something more detailed in the next day or so. Anyone else buy the baseball package for this year?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm not going to throw up predictions, but there's no way Cito wins MOTY. One reason is that the Jays won't beat expectations, the other is that Cito was never recognized by his peers even during the dynasty years.

That said, I'm looking forward to a year of Senile Cito being the most entertaining thing about the Jays since half our rotation is on the DL. :shifty:

I'm not going to throw up predictions, but there's no way Cito wins MOTY. One reason is that the Jays won't beat expectations, the other is that Cito was never recognized by his peers even during the dynasty years.

That said, I'm looking forward to a year of Senile Cito being the most entertaining thing about the Jays since half our rotation is on the DL. :shifty:

Yes the pitching sucks....but I think they'll score enough runs to be decent and play spoiler. The Rays and Sox are dynamite but the Yanks have a crazy amount of questions too for a team with as big a payroll as theirs. I'm not saying the Jays win 90 games.....but I think they do decent enough.

AL Division Winners

Red Sox

Indians

Angels

Wildcard

Yankee$

MVP - Kevin Youkilis

Cy Young- Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Sabathia (credit to Steve Somers for the nickname)

Rookie of the Year- David Price

Manager of the Year - Terry Francona

NL Division Winners

Phillies <_<

Cubs

Dodgers

Wildcard

Mets

MVP- Manny Ramirez

Cy Young- Johan Santana

Rookie of the Year- Cameron Maybin

Manager of the Year- Lou Piniella

Playoffs

Angels over Yankee$ in 5

Red Sox over Indians in 3

Mets over Cubs in 4

Dodgers over Phillies in 5

Red Sox over Angels in 6

Dodgers over Mets in 7

World Series

Red Sox over Dodgers in 5

Edited by naiwf

AL Division Winners

Red Sox

Twins

Athletics

Wildcard

Rays

Sleepers

Royals

Blue Jays

NL Division Winners

Mets

Cubs

Dodgers

Wildcard

Marlins

Sleepers

Reds

Giants

Playoffs

Angels over Rays

Red Sox over Twins

Marlins over Dodgers

Mets over Cubs

Red Sox over Angels

Mets over Marlins

World Series

Mets over Red Sox

Nah, your bullpen would still meltdown and the Phillies would catch you. Or you could end up in the playoffs with the best record and get swept, although thats more the Cubs gig.

I hope LA's pitching come together, and when I say LA I mean the real LA team, not that shit team from Anaheim. If it does, we have the best line-up in the NL.

Thats a bulllpen that has Putz and K-Rod in it, I can't think it'll melt down that badly.

Granted, it won't even need to meltdown when Oliver Perez is starting.

Not sure the Mets even have the prospects to get Halladay.

Nah, your bullpen would still meltdown and the Phillies would catch you. Or you could end up in the playoffs with the best record and get swept, although thats more the Cubs gig.

I hope LA's pitching come together, and when I say LA I mean the real LA team, not that shit team from Anaheim. If it does, we have the best line-up in the NL.

Why must you pick at healing scabs DMN? :crying:

Mets are definately need another good pitcher before they win a World Series though. They're certainly closer to it than they were last year though.

Mets are definately need another good pitcher before they win a World Series though. They're certainly closer to it than they were last year though.

That's why I said they might actually win it if they got Halladay. We don't have the pieces to get it done, but we're 1-0 and living the dream right now.