2009 MLB Season

sahyder1

I'm not going to come in here and act like an ass, because I haven't been in here all season, but man... I love the Dodgers. They might give me a heart attack, but I just love how this team just keeps getting up off the mat.

I just don't want to see New York in the Series, if either team makes it there. They are the only team I don't think the Dodgers are, at worse, even with. That team is just stacked.

Goddamn, I should have put money down on the STL/LA series because I was one of the few people calling it in favor of the Dodgers. I'm still going with a Dodgers/Yankees series, with the Dodgers pulling it out.

• 2 weeks later...

So a lot of bad calls by the umpires in the ALCS. Angels looked like they didn't even want to win the majority of the series. The series easily could have swung the other way had they not made mistakes on some of the more fundamental plays.

As for the World Series, I have the Yankees winning in six. Since I'm a Yankee fan and live in Philadelphia, I've really taken a beating here lately. So I'd love nothing more than for the Yanks to sweep them outright and shut everyone the hell up.

And since I know the majority of this thread is posted in by Blue Jays fans, here is an update: Toronto still isn't in the World Series. tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

That's assuming that 2008 was just an off-season and not the natural decline of a 35 year old outfielder. His 2009 numbers were just a hair above league average as his slugging percentage and batting average dropped to 6 year lows. He's also a righty and wouldn't benefit from the short porch like Matsui does. The Yanks will have Xavier Nady back next year, so you could argue that they might be more aggressive looking for a big swinging DH than a guy to flash the glove and potentially replace Damon. You know, a kind of guy whose father was also a big swinging DH type. You know, a guy who has one more year left on his contract and whose team is unlikely to be able to afford to resign him. You know, a fat vegetarian who won the home run derby this year. Does anyone know somebody like that?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Potato Head

Players who are HOF-eligible this year:

Roberto Alomar, Kevin Appier, Harold Baines, Bert Blyleven, Ellis Burks, Andre Dawson, Andres Galarraga, Pat Hentgen, Mike Jackson, Eric Karros, Ray Lankford, Barry Larkin, Edgar Martinez, Don Mattingly, Fred McGriff, Mark McGwire, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Tim Raines, Shane Reynolds, David Segui, Lee Smith, Alan Trammell, Robin Ventura, Todd Zeile

I'd be voting for Alomar, Martinez (probably doesn't deserve it even though I'd argue he's maybe the best DH ever), Mattingly, McGriff and Raines.

• 3 weeks later...