Favorite Rock Ballads

Gabriel

I was just discussing with a friend, the sheer awesomeness of rock ballads... and I thought I'd put the question to EWB. What are some of your favorites?

For me, my absolute favorite is Skid Row's I Remember You.

For more modern stuff along the same lines, the Brides of Destruction's song Only Get So Far, is pretty awesome.

I was just discussing with a friend, the sheer awesomeness of rock ballads... and I thought I'd put the question to EWB. What are some of your favorites?

For me, my absolute favorite is Skid Row's I Remember You.

For more modern stuff along the same lines, the Brides of Destruction's song Only Get So Far, is pretty awesome.

Although this one is awesome...

Warrant's "I Saw Red" might be just a touch better

You heard me.

You guys couldn't be more wrong. Don't Stop Believin' is tripe.

Edited by Mael Radec

I believe he's thinking of Don't Stop Believing.

I get that, I just don't get what he meant when he replied.

Although if he is trying to say that 'Small Town Girl' sounds better as a title than 'Don't Stop Believing', then he, my good sir, is a homo.

Although if he is trying to say that 'Small Town Girl' sounds better as a title than 'Don't Stop Believing', then he, my good sir, is a homo.

No, I'm saying that Don't Stop Believin' is shit compared to Small Town Girl. Because it is.

No, I'm saying that Don't Stop Believin' is shit compared to Small Town Girl. Because it is.

Isn't Small Town Girl a Pearl Jam song? >_>

On second thoughts, no is isn't.

Foreigner- I Want To Know What Love Is.

And every other Foreigner song. Urgent, I Don't Want to Live Without You, Waiting For A Girl etc.

Speaking of Pearl Jam, perhaps Yellow Ledbetter, mainly because that guitar is crying not necessarily the lyrics.

Limp Bizkit - Hold On (seriously)

Shinedown - Burning Bright, Simple Man, Second Chance and Crow and the Butterfly

and of course, Faith No More's Easy cover.

But my god, every time I hear the opening piano to Journey's Don't Stop Believin', it's a deer in the woods hearing a noise, pricking it's ears up, just like they do on the Family Guy episode.

Edited by TheModernWay

Looking at what's been named so far, I saw some bands who have songs that immediately popped into my head...

Warrant - Heaven

Guns n' Roses - Don't Cry

When I played Baseball, every time my mom would drive me to a game, we'd be blasting Warrant or Loverboy. Those were the days.