Nip/Tuck's Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom

BlackFlagg

Julian McMahon will go from playing a master of plastic surgery to Dr. Doom, a villain who truly needs some. The "Nip/Tuck" star will play the venerable villain in "Fantastic Four," 20th Century Fox's Tim Story-directed film adaptation of the Marvel Comics franchise....

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=up...1117908577&cs=1

Guest Ringmaster

I'm liking this. Julian McMahon has a knack for playing evil characters and doing evil stuff. It should be interesting to see.

It comes natural. She's a Mcmahon. :shifty:

Er... She? Julian McMahon's a guy.

He'll make a good Doom. Any truth to the rumors that Michael Chiklis is playing Ben Grimm though? He'll make a great Thing.

Very iffy on the rumors of Jessica Alba playing the Invisible Woman, I like Alba, but dunno if she's right for the part.

Interesting, cast is looking solid, possibly great. Little worried about director and screenwriters though. The only thing of merit Tim Story has directed was Barbershop (which I enjoyed, but can he handle the Fantastic Four)? Plus, according to IMDB (I know, unreliable, but I'm just going off rumors here), the screenwriters are Michael France who had a hand in not only the writing of the Punisher and the Hulk, but also Cliffhanger (yikes). Then Simon Kinberg whose only other credit is writing the sequel to XXX (yikes).

Him as doc doom? Cool. He is a good actor to play a lead villan role. He once played a demon named 'Cole'(not michael cole) at some witch tv show thingy.

I hope this fantastic four movie will be better than..ugh...the one I saw before.

Yah, he played Cole/Belthazar on Charmed on WB/TNT. I've only liked that show with him on it. The first seasons without him sucked ass. But when he was introduced, it rocked. Got even better when he became the ultimate evil, so the speak, called The Source. He makes a great villan.

I think of Christian on Nip/Tuck as a villian, too. The other one seems nice, Christian seems...bad. :lol: