Man Utd question

edcq

This came up in my head just now so I figured I'd ask what everyone else has to say. When Sir Alex Ferguson retires who is the most likely candidate to take over at Man U? I think Sir Ferguson has said he expects to be around for a couple of more years, but if he were to retire; let's say after next season, who would you like to take over? Who is most likely to take over?

I was just reading BBC's football page and I read the tidbit about Mourinho signing a new deal at Inter, but at the bottom it said something about him possibly returning to the Premiership once Ferguson retires and taking over at Man U. How would you guys feel about that? Who would you personally like to take over?

The idea of Roy Keane trying to nurture young talent is hilarious. He'll scream and scare them to death making them never want to come back and play again. Then when something goes marginally wrong he'll pack up his bags and disappear to walk his dogs.

I'd like to see Moyes get it, but I'd also like to see him given some money at Everton to see if he can really create something bigger and better than he already has.

Favourites at the moment appear to be Moyes, O'Neill and Querioz. With Bruce an outsider possibly with Hughes depending on how next season with City goes. If Ferguson continues for another 5 years which could be the case if he says healthy then who knows what Giggs and Scholes will be doing in terms of Coaching/Management. My dark horses are Solskjaer and Cantona.

O'Neill or Moyes would be my bet to succeed, but one of their coaches may fill the void too. You can never rule out anyone of Mourinho's class, but his ego is bigger than the clubs he manages. It's whether Man Utd could handle that and I'm not sure they would want to. It'll end up being whoever Sir Alex recommends the most. There's always the option to "keep it in the family" with son Darren. The future holds many answers to these questions.

Edited by Mr. BSIG

Ideally I want someone who understands and embraces the principles of the club. Someone who will bring through the young players as well as playing an attacking, entertaining brand of football in the way that Fergie and Busby have both done. I think that if Solskjaer can go out and get some experience then he will be a great candidate in the future but thats still five years from happening at the very least.

Hopefully Moyes can crack the big 4 in the next couple of years and have a shot at Champions League football or at least get somewhere in the Europa League.. I think of he manages that then he'll be our next manager for sure.

Whoever it is, they'd have a hell of a job to do not to pull down the entire system established by Ferguson by mistake. Whoever is going to replace him will have to be someone who the Man Utd board have thought long and hard over. Or indeed someone who Ferguson has groomed to take his place. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked his own successor.

Roy Keane would be a laughable choice, he's really not a very good manager. Look at the poor job he did at Sunderland in the Premiership for that.

Moyes would deserve it and be a good choice, but I hope he doesn't get it as I actually like him.