The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Seems Rafa's denied any interest in Lavezzi anyways. What I read he said they haven't put a bid into, aren't going to and don't want to.

I think his actual quote was something like "we haven't contacted Lavezzi", so it wasn't that we're not interested him, just that we haven't spoken to the player yet. Lavezzi's agent has been going to the press every couple of days claiming we've already offered him a contract, so it's probably just an attempt to get him to shut up.

With Ronaldo, I read somewhere that Perez wants a few marquee signings before going for Ronaldo, so if he can't get him then it's not as much of a failure.

The 24-year-old is very highly-rated, but Benitez has insisted he is not ready to sign him.

"We never contacted Lavezzi and we have no intention of doing so," he is quoted in the Daily Mail.

"We want to put a stop to these rumours."

That's what I read on football365.com at work today. There are, however, two words that make me sceptical. Anyone wanna guess them?

The 24-year-old is very highly-rated, but Benitez has insisted he is not ready to sign him.

"We never contacted Lavezzi and we have no intention of doing so," he is quoted in the Daily Mail.

"We want to put a stop to these rumours."

That's what I read on football365.com at work today. There are, however, two words that make me sceptical. Anyone wanna guess them?

It's just interesting wording. If we weren't interested he'd have come out and said "we have no intention of signing Lavezzi", but instead he says we've not contacted him - so we might be talking to Napoli and have no intention of talking to Lavezzi unless we get their permission.

Mind you, it's the Daily Fascist so you never know.

£56 million or 65 million Euros apparently.

So all this talk about Man City bidding more than 100 or even 150 million euro last transfer period was bullshit....just great, stupid media.

Nope, Man City had a bid about that much accepted from AC Milan I believe. It was Kaka who refused to go to City.

Edited by IAceI

Yeah you're right on Ronaldo there Future, his side Corinthians I believe it is won the title then inadvertently set fire to the trophy with that fantastic mix of confetti and fireworks whilst celebrating on the pitch after the last game.

Tottenham have lined up summer moves for Atletico Madrid midfielder Maxi Rodriguez and Galatasaray winger Arda Turan.

(Full story: Daily Mail)

Tottenham are also aiming to beat West Ham to the signing of Inter Milan's £10million-rated Chilean forward Luis Jimenez.

(Full story: The Sun)

The tradition continues of Spurs being linked to every player under the sun. These three seem more out of the blue than usual. I hate that we're continually being linked with selling Gomes. After the second half of the season he had I would be extremely surprised and saddened if he were to be sold.

So all this talk about Man City bidding more than 100 or even 150 million euro last transfer period was bullshit....just great, stupid media.

Nope, Man City had a bid about that much accepted from AC Milan I believe. It was Kaka who refused to go to City.

Yes but still, they didn't accept until Man City went over 100 million..

Yes but still, they didn't accept until Man City went over 100 million..

Any team negotiating with Man City is going to look to fleece them.

Tottenham have lined up summer moves for Atletico Madrid midfielder Maxi Rodriguez and Galatasaray winger Arda Turan.

(Full story: Daily Mail)

Tottenham are also aiming to beat West Ham to the signing of Inter Milan's £10million-rated Chilean forward Luis Jimenez.

(Full story: The Sun)

The tradition continues of Spurs being linked to every player under the sun. These three seem more out of the blue than usual. I hate that we're continually being linked with selling Gomes. After the second half of the season he had I would be extremely surprised and saddened if he were to be sold.

It's the mail and the sun, they've gone on FM, looked for a few of the decent players that aren't world famous and are outside the premier league and then linked them with one of the "second tier" clubs.

I know, that's why I don't believe there's an ounce of truth in them. We're just a tool for journalists to make stuff up during the transfer windows. There's probably more made up about us than any of the top four. Supposedly Harry has to sell anyway so I expect we'll see a few going before we make any signings, Zokora probably heading the list :(

£80 million is crazy. He's good but no player is worth that amount. Will be interesting to see who United get to replace him though, hopefully this now means Rooney can be the focus of the team.

Edited by Sam