The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

21m for what amounted as our back-up strikeforce is damn good. Shame to see Matt go it really is, but his wife and twins moved over with him to Greece when he went and is settled and CL football to enjoy so best of luck.

I actually think Owen would do really good at Stoke, At this point in his career I don't think you can expect him to zip past defenses with pace but with some height and strength around him(which Stoke have in abundance)he'll get chances in the box and well lets just hope his finishing hasn't left him!.

As well as supposedly closing in on Pirlo and Zhirkov, Chelsea have also been linked with Porto centreback Bruno Alves.

I can only think that they must be trying to maintain some self-enforced quota of Portuguese players, threatened by the possible exits of Carvalho/Deco/maybe Bosingwa. Otherwise, I'm not really sure why we'd bother. <_<

Well, Alves is quite good. Like Carvalho, but much more agressive.

Also, aparently Blackburn os trying to sign Oscar Cardozo from Benfica, and they are willing to go up to 12M Euros. Not gonna happen though, as he costed us 11 Million, he's our best scorer (playing half of the season on the bench as well), ans he's just too valuable for our team to seel him by so little.

However, expect him to be at Blackburn in 2 weeks :(

As I've said for a while now, I think the guy should seriously consider retiring, certainly if things stay the same once he moves to a new club. He hasn't ever been the same since the day he went to Madrid and I still see that as the moment of his huge downfall. I just struggle to watch him any more, because all I can picture is that goal against Argentina and how much potential he once had and how that's all gone down the drain. I'd honestly love him to prove me wrong and somehow find form again, but I think it's just a matter of time before things go from bad to worse, which could spell the end.