The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

A lot of players are unhappy about the new tax rates, so they're fucking off as soon as possible. The Premier League only became more attractive than La Liga because of the sheer amount of money players could earn, now that's been stopped to a certain extent a lot of players are going to go to Spain.

The way I see it, the Premier League is probably on the fall at the moment.

When people have money, big players are bought. When big players are bought the league is interesting. When the league is interesting bigger sponsorship and TV deals are agreed. When there's lots of money in sponsorship and TV deals the cycle can continue.

However, all of this is superficial and has the grounds to collapse at any point during that cycle ruining everything. What I think this recession proved is that we were always punching above our weight, and now the pound has drastically fallen over the past few years we're going to see less players considering a move to England in an unsustainable climate.

When clubs lose money, big players are sold. When players are sold the league becomes less interesting. When the league is less interesting, sponsorship money and TV deals are worth less. When there's less money in that the cycle continues.

We've seen it happen in Italy, and for the most part there has never been a single league in history that was always better than the other, power switches are always destined to happen. The English Premier League has had the tagline of the greatest in the world, but what happens when La Liga or Seria A ends up with the best players and a more competative league? It'll just have to cope with less money. Afterall, bubbles don't grow forever, they pop.

If I was a sports provider, I'd probably try to pick up the rights to La Liga ahead of the Premier League. They'd be cheaper yet would be just as entertaining, and the more money that gets pumped into the league, the better it becomes until the bubble pops again.

As long as Japan keeps importing the Premier League as their chosen main import league then I'll be happy. Having watched other leagues quite a bit, the Dutch and German leagues aren't good enough, the French league isn't even in the same "league". The Italian league is just kinda boring and the Spanish league leaves me cold.

Yes of course I'm biased but for good TV full of hijinx and high speed action the Prem is the best import.

Anyway Japan has Barca TV so a lot of Spanish games come through that, and they show some Scots league cos of Celtic.

Benfica just posted on their site that they have signed Saviola.

I haven't been following football in Spain that closely, how has Saviola been doing in the last few seasons?

The question is "what has Saviola been doing in the last few seasons?".

And the answer is "not much". 16 league games in the last two seasons.

Ehhh, I don't know, even with a "dream team", I think there are too many variables that any Portuguese football fan knows about to take the championship for granted.

EDIT: This was in response for Colossus, of course.

Nibbler: Really? Only 16 games? Hope he still remembers how to play then >_>

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Don't know man, Reyes could stay. With that, I would say that we have a team that HAS to win the Title.

Quim

Shaffer- David Luiz- Sidnei-Maxi

Amorim

Reyes-Ramires

Aimar

Cardozo-Saviola

If we didn't win the title with this team, we may as well just give the fuck up

Change Reyes for Binya and that team is awesome :pervert: