The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

He is a flop because he was brought under the premise that he was an attacking midfielder with the flair of a young Ronaldinho. Instead, we get Ferguson reverting him to a defensive midfielder (Like he did with Alan Smith) and when Anderson gets on the attack, his final product is woeful. Fair enough he has a few good games, but in my eyes he is a flop. Please Sir Alex, make him an attacking midfielder again and prove me wrong.

He's a box-to-box midfielder. That's how he played at Gremio, that's how he played at Porto, and that's how he plays now.

And I can't believe you would even think about comparing him to Alan Smith.

I don't know why you guys are all 'let Benzema go to Real, we don't need him'. I actually think he would do really well at Man Utd, probably better than Tevez.

I'd love to see Benzema at United, but if Madrid are offering nearly £40m for him then I don't think we should be matching that. I don't think a striker should be our top priority. Rooney and Berbatov will be first choice, and I expect them to both score more goals next season. Another striker would give us depth, but it would also limit the number of chances Welbeck and Macheda would get. I think there are other areas that need more urgent attention.

He is a flop because he was brought under the premise that he was an attacking midfielder with the flair of a young Ronaldinho. Instead, we get Ferguson reverting him to a defensive midfielder (Like he did with Alan Smith) and when Anderson gets on the attack, his final product is woeful. Fair enough he has a few good games, but in my eyes he is a flop. Please Sir Alex, make him an attacking midfielder again and prove me wrong.

He's a box-to-box midfielder. That's how he played at Gremio, that's how he played at Porto, and that's how he plays now.

And I can't believe you would even think about comparing him to Alan Smith.

I don't know why you guys are all 'let Benzema go to Real, we don't need him'. I actually think he would do really well at Man Utd, probably better than Tevez.

I'd love to see Benzema at United, but if Madrid are offering nearly £40m for him then I don't think we should be matching that. I don't think a striker should be our top priority. Rooney and Berbatov will be first choice, and I expect them to both score more goals next season. Another striker would give us depth, but it would also limit the number of chances Welbeck and Macheda would get. I think there are other areas that need more urgent attention.

I agree that the youngsters need chances as well, but I wouldn't like to see how we hold up if Rooney and/or Berbatov go down and Welbeck or Macheda have to play every game.

You know, if you weren't married I could get you well in with a good looking Blackburn girl who is a family friend of the Dunn's so you could carry on your lust for pie eating footballers. :shifty:.

Engaged, not married. Nothing's confirmed yet. Now about this Blackburn girl.... :shifty:

We shall see. >_>

Fuck, this is getting ridiculous now. We lose Ronaldo, Tevez and now Benzema (a very realistuc target) has ran off to Real as well. There is a huge lack of available talent out there and because of Real's overspending, no club will let a half-decent player go for less than 15mil at the very least (30+ for any proven player). I honestly can't see who we can buy to fill up the gaps Ronaldo has left (is Ribery still an option?). I'd say we could launch a good shot for the title if we get hold of a goalscoring midfielder (a Lampard-esque player), a good 3rd choice striker to support Rooney and Berba and perhaps another good winger to give us some options but thats not entirely necessary seeing as we have Valencia, Park, Nani and Tosic already. At this point, I'd take any sort of proven player to shore up the squad a bit. Hargreaves back for a proper season would be nice too but I wouldn't bet too much on that happening.

I really really hope madris buy everyone United want, just to piss Fergie off. And then I'll laugh like a fucking drain along with rockbox when it completly fails to click in Madrid and Barca walk all over them again.

But please Mr perez, buy anyone United are even remotley interested in, because it's funny.

Fuck, this is getting ridiculous now. We lose Ronaldo, Tevez and now Benzema (a very realistuc target) has ran off to Real as well. There is a huge lack of available talent out there and because of Real's overspending, no club will let a half-decent player go for less than 15mil at the very least (30+ for any proven player). I honestly can't see who we can buy to fill up the gaps Ronaldo has left (is Ribery still an option?). I'd say we could launch a good shot for the title if we get hold of a goalscoring midfielder (a Lampard-esque player), a good 3rd choice striker to support Rooney and Berba and perhaps another good winger to give us some options but thats not entirely necessary seeing as we have Valencia, Park, Nani and Tosic already. At this point, I'd take any sort of proven player to shore up the squad a bit. Hargreaves back for a proper season would be nice too but I wouldn't bet too much on that happening.

Sneijder (he might stay though, would probably do well with all these new players), Van der Vaart, RVN and Huntelaar say hi.

But Real Madrid are doing football a service if Platini is to be believed. They're so obviously anti-Premiership it's unreal.

Can't wait till Real Madrid complete their intended signings and have a team of Alonso, Ronaldo, Benzema, Villa, Kaka and then realise they're still conceding 6. <_<

That's a fucking joke that they've confirmed the Benzema deal. Fuck Madrid and also fuck Lyon for letting him go there. As people have already mentioned, fuck Platini and co as well. It's fine to moan about anything that happens in England, but let's just let Madrid go on a billion pound spending spree? If there's anything they need to fucking focus on, it's a spending cap. It sounds stupid, but it's just got to a ridiculous point right now where money is overcoming the actual game. Of course I'm pissed because it means United cant get him, but that's not really the point here. Madrid are seemingly buying every great player that is available on the market (bar Villa who seems to be heading to Barca). I'd honestly love for all of this to back fire and I'm also praying one of the top teams in England meet them in the CL next season and beat the fuckers, just to rub it in their face.

Back on topic though, I'm not sure where we go from here. We've apparently got 80m to spend, but who the fuck on? And I do feel we need a striker, whether we've got some youthful attackers or not. I'm not going to shit on Berbatov too much, but it's way too risky to aim winning every trophy again with just Rooney and Berbatov up there and no back up what so ever (And saying Welbeck or Macheda is still, because despite being good, it's way too risky to rely on them if Rooney or Berbatov were to have a freak injury and be out for months). As it's been mentioned, people are just way too pricey right now and I cant think of any big name that we'll likely to get. Hopefully I'm wrong, but now is the time I'm starting to worry slightly.

And LOL and the person/people happy that Madrid are buying every player United want, because it's a good thing that all the best players are going to Spain rather than England, right?

And LOL and the person/people happy that Madrid are buying every player United want, because it's a good thing that all the best players are going to Spain rather than England, right?

Actually it is depending on if that's how the league system is going. The Premier League was never going to be the best league forever and this could be the thing that tips it towards Spains favour.

Hell, one of the tipping points in recent times is the Premier Leagues wages eclipsing most other teams that are in Europe, if Spanish football can manipulate these circumstances into turning La Liga into the most lucrative football deal ever then suddenly English clubs can't throw money at players.

I mean come on, both Benzema and Ribery have said in the past that they can't stand the British climate... although they probably would if they had stupid wages to justify it, now Spain are throwing decent wages AND the chance to play in sunny Spain. There isn't really any competition sadly.