The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

It is cheap as fuck, but with his age and injuries I can sorta see it. Plus with him most likely wanting massive wages perhaps Real are offering him at a low price to intice clubs to find room to pay him by having RVN at a cut price. Seems likely to me.

I would love RVN at Blackburn. He is the type of striker I rate the best, a pure goal machine. Find it a bit old Big Sam wants RVN yet won't go for Owen based on past injuries but then I think those two fell out badly at Newcastle.

Well if you assume Spurs and Blackburn were the two teams only interested in him and tabling offers, then yeah you'd imagine he'd be off to Spurs.

Then again Blackburn apparently are getting Bojan. Who my friend really wants, I don't think he realises even at a Blackburn team playing Samba as striker that Sam will be reluctant to give Bojan full matches.

I've also heard Harry's going to pursue his interest in Jones again, and with our interest in Bent it may be there. Although I'd rather we got Bent and Jones up front and had a another striker signed to come off the bench ala Frazier Campbell, who I suspect we could convince to join us over Hull. Also heard Keane might be sent our way as a makeweight, but I can't imagine him agreeing to a move, and I don't particularly want him as I'd rather have Bent and Jones up front for whatever reason. Does Harry really not like Keane or is he just signing a whole new team because he can?

They're pretty persistent mind, normally they come and die but I've been hearing these for close a month now - well since the season ended just about it feels.

As for RVN, given his injury history he may prefer to go to Blackburn knowing that's one less team he's going to have to face that will kick his kneecaps.

Edited by IAceI

Since when is RVN injury prone? He had a massive injury when he went to Man Utd and now one again, but it's not because he's injury prone, it's just really unlucky. I laughed because Blackburn apparently think players want to go to every English club because of the atmosphere, I don't know, but RVN is just such an unrealistic target for Blackburn. It actually hasn't been confirmed yet that he's going to leave, people are just assuming. It wouldn't surprise me if he managed to fight his way back into the Real starting 11. He was a goal machine at Man Utd and a goal machine at Real, knowing his mentality and eagerness to come back after such a horrific injury I'm pretty sure he'll be bagging the goals again with the likes of Kaka and Ronaldo around him.

I browse football365.com (which is rather shit but the best I can deal with) at work all day, and that's where I get all my information from. It pretty much just compiles all the stuff from tabloids and other sites and then mocks Adebayor, fuels Liverpool/Man Utd arguments and gives unwitty jokes probably twocked from the Sun - before they then insult the Sun.

And I'm not surprised Bojan isn't going to Blackburn. I don't think he'd have done much anyways, people are way over the top with him at the minute. At the same time though he needs to bulk up a bit and get more physical so a move to the Premiership or Championship (although people will assume he's way too good for that league) would do him some good.

The whole Bojan thing was someone adding 2 and 2 together and getting bullshit. He 'might' have been going on loan, and we got linked. At least with RVN and Owen, it's from the horse's mouth.

Edited by 9 to 5

RVN going to Blackburn would be one heck of a purchase. He's getting on now, but I just love the guy. I'm not so sure they'll get him, but I actually think he'd fit in really well there. Either way, I think he'll be a huge boost for any team that bring him in. Heck, bring him back to United :wub: