The Ultimate Movie One-Liners

• Admin
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." - Clark Gable, Gone With The Wind.

"Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... Tonight, we dine in hell!", Gerard Butler , 300

"May the force be with you", Harrison Ford, Star Wars

"Here's looking at you, kid", Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca

"Go ahead, make my day", Clint Eastwood, Sudden Impact

Smoothly done, Scum Fan... tell everyone most of their picks are shite, then repeat half of them. Nice.

Yes, I repeated one line, but I guess I repeated them all right? I'm not saying they're all shit, there's just a few really weird ones though.

The weirdest one so far is Chris Tucker from "Friday"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my life I wanted to be a gangster - Goodfellas

Of all the gin joints in all the world, she had to walk into mine - Casablanca

1.21 gigawatts? 1.21 gigawatts?!? - Back To The Future

Fish are friends, not food - Finding Nemo

You think we need one more? You think we need one more. We'll get one more - Ocean's Eleven

Technically, the last one is a three-liner... But hey.

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Vito Corleone/Marlon Brando The Godfather

"And here...we...go!" - The Joker/Heath Ledger The Dark Knight

"Frankly my dear....I just don't give a damn." - Clark Gable Gone With The Wind - Was THE first one I thought of. Surprised Reil was the first to bring it up.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!" - Jack Nicholson The Shining

"Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!" - Jules/Samuel L Jackson Pulp Fiction

Are these meant to be single great one-liners, (mostly thus from actions films where cheesy put-downs the hero makes to the villain just before he kills him are the norm), or just iconic film lines in general? Cos there's a difference. I'll edit this with other quotes at some point if it's the former, because some of these are just important or iconic lines rather than "goodbye one-liners)

"THIS....IS......SPARTA!!!!!!!!" Gerard Butler '300'

"All my life I wanted to be a gangster." Ray Liotta 'Goodfellas'

"The name's Bond. James Bond." Various, 'Various'

"He's not the Messiah, he's a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!" Terry Jones 'The Life of Brain'

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Jack Nicholson 'A Few Good Men'

Two random obscuere one's that popped into my head, that haven't been said and I found,

'You ain't never been to 'Nam, Jive Turkey!' - Semi Pro

'Never go full retard' - Robert Downey Jr - Tropic Thunder.

"Thank you sir! May I have another?!" Kevin Bacon, Animal House

"This shot was not meant for you." Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Carribean.

"Without purpose, we would not exist." Hugo Weaving, Matrix Reloaded.

Just a few off the top of my head that I've always loved, might not be popular choices but eh...

"Oh Shit" Soundbyte in Transformers(at least I think that is what he says when he loses his head)

"Hail to the king baby" Ash in Army of Darkness

"Can you blush?" Blade in Blade 2

"Welcome to Jurassic Park" John Hammond in Jurassic Park

"Please sir, I want some more" Oliver Twist in Oliver Twist

Some real classic one-liners (Terminator, Scarface, Taxi Driver, GWTW, Casablanca etc) in here already. Here's a few others that haven't been mentioned to make up the numbers:

"Aaaaaalrighty then." Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

"E.T. phone home." E.T.

"You can't handle the truth!" A Few Good Men

"My mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump

"Houston, we have a problem." Apollo 13

"An old man dies, a little girl lives; Fair trade." - Bruce Willis in Sin City

"Why so serious?" - Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight

"Because there's still some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Sean Austin in Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

"And I will strike down upon you with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers." - Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction

"Tuesdays? I hate the Tuesdays." - Kumar Pallana in The Terminal

"It's 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses" - Dan Aykroyd in "Blues Brothers"

"Beethoven's favorite works include Mozart's Requiem, Handel's Messiah, and Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet" - Keanu Reeves in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure"

"This piece is called "Lick My Love Pump"" - Christopher Guest in "This Is Spinal Tap"

"One shall stand, one shall fall" - Optimus Prime in "Transformers: The Movie"

"A gun rack...a gun rack. I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do...with a gun rack?" - Mike Myers in "Wayne's World".

"I put it to you...that you suck off a horse!" - Sacha Baron Cohen in "Ali G Indahouse"

...I miss days when all I used to do was quote Wayne's World and Ali G. So many awesome quotes in both films, I could go on all day putting them here.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling: there are rules!" - Walter, the Big Lebowski

"I feel the need... the need for speed." -Maverick, Top Gun

"You know how to whistle, don't you Steve? You put your lips together and blow." -Marie Browning, To Have and Have Not

"Well, nobody's perfect!" -Osgood Fielding, Some Like it Hot

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned, dirty ape!" -George Taylor, Planet of the Apes

"All right! I'm extraordinary! What of it?" -Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia.

Edited by the machine

"Let off some steam, Bennett.", Arnie in Commando

"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" - Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry

"Hasta la vista, baby." - Arnie, Terminator 2

"Were you born a fat, slimy, scumbag puke piece o' shit, Private Pyle, or did you have to work on it?" - R. Lee Ermey, Full Metal Jacket

"1.21 gigawatts? 1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott!" - Christopher Lloyd, Back to the Future

"Shake N' Bake!" - Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Is that a catchphrase or epilepsy?

Ray, When someone asks you if your a god you say YES! - Ghostbusters.

Edited by Slogger

"Yippie Kay Yay, Motherfucker!" -Bruce Willis, Die Hard

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man: I get older, they stay the same age." - Matthew McConaughey, Dazed and Confused

"Now I have a machine gun. HO HO HO!" - Bruce Willis, Die Hard

"We all go a little mad sometimes." - Anthony Perkins, Psycho

"Yo Adrienne, I did it!" - Sylvester Stallone, Rocky.

Yeah, someone just watched Die Hard. Again.