Confederations Cup

Hobo

Could see USA getting one on the break this second half. Spain have failed to break them down and worn themselves out in the process.

You'd expect more from the Spanish but fair play to the US they've been really stubborn from what I've seen of this game.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, I absolutely love Sergio Ramos. Always liked the guy, but after that beautiful assist he gave Dempsey, he's up there in my books now.

I will never understand why he starts in all Madrid and Spain's games. He is overrated as fuck.

quad post ? damn

Yes, this indeed was fantastic. I love it because we're getting more guys on the pitch than before so the entire squad is getting experience.

and yes, the linesman were shit-tastic throughout. It would have been 2-0 at the half if they hadn't gigged Landon incorrectly.

About time somebody did that to Spain anyway, put a huge smile on my face.

That said though, that pretty much looks like the last time I'll bother watching the rest of this tournament. Spain/Brazil was the only real reason I checked out tonight and now that's off of the cards, I'm really not bothered what happens. I'll be surprised if anybody not named Brazil win this, but it'd be unbelievable if the US or SA one this.

Missed the entire game, but got home and saw the result. Great day, I definitely had no expectation for USA to make it out of the group stage. I'll spare from the gloating, because it's still and upset. However, 20 years ago the US would never have been in this position to even pull off an upset against Spain. So a good day and a landmark day for the United States.

Guest Ringmaster

Good to see Spain lose. Bunch of lousy, greasy-haired prima donna diving bastards. Also am I the only who go the feeling that if Kasey Keller was playing they'd have lost? :shifty:. T-Ho just organized that defense brilliantly :yes:

Also good is that with the US now in the final they will have less time to rest for the Gold Cup :shifty:

Guest Ringmaster

Usually not the case, except for I think the 05 one where most MLS clubs refused to release a lot of players for play. But, hey, who cares about the Gold Cup? :shifty:

Unless they're not sending out the good players this year and I'm missing something? I thought they only sent lesser players to the South American one.

Edited by Ringmaster