Confederations Cup

Hobo

We weren't guaranteed winning that game. The penalty was The Worst Decision in the History of World Cup Football (trademark) but we weren't robbed of a win we would definitely otherwise have.

Edited by Plubby

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to start the same old argument again, but they deserved to win the World Cup in 2006, whatever argument you want to bring up.

No doubting they deserved to win. Just not a big fan of the way they won their game in the round of sixteen.

You can say that, I will believe until death that we were fucking robbed.

All this shows is that CWB has a knack for putting thing's nicely and that Australia got robbed <_<

People are still going on about that? And to call it the worst decision in World Cup history is a joke really. That really was a glorious moment :P

We weren't guaranteed winning that game. The penalty was The Worst Decision in the History of World Cup Football (trademark) but we weren't robbed of a win we would definitely otherwise have.
But it robbed us of the chance, They didn't even let Australia kick off afterwards.

But it robbed us of the chance, They didn't even let Australia kick off afterwards.

Because it was the last minute of extra time maybe? Besides, what are the odds Australia would have scored within 1 minute?

Because it was the last minute of extra time maybe? Besides, what are the odds Australia would have scored within 1 minute?

They still wouldn't give them the chance, It's like the superbowl this year, Who knows if Kurt Warner would have thrown a TD pass on the final play, But they never gave him the chance, Just like in 2006.

Hiddink has kept two substitutes in reserve for extra time so we could wear them out. They'd used all of their subs and were a man down. I don't doubt, had the game kicked into extra time as expected, it would have been a gamble rewarded.

Ultimately, he focussed too much on getting to extra time rather than trying to win the game in regulation and we got what conservative play deserved.

-------------

On the topic at hand, kudos to Iraq on a narrow loss to Spain. Leagues ahead of New Zealand, and they didn't even make the final round of World Cup qualifiers in Asia. Doesn't bode well for the All Whites chances.

South Africa to win, even if they are already 1-0 up. They have Pienaar - and well, New Zealand don't really have anybody ¬_¬
New Zealand play the least amount of matches out of everyone.

South Africa to win, even if they are already 1-0 up. They have Pienaar - and well, New Zealand don't really have anybody ¬_¬
New Zealand play the least amount of matches out of everyone.

Doesn't matter, they are clearly the worst team in this tournament. Yes, even a country at war (Iraq) is better :shifty:

..I don't understand how that has much to do with my post?
I was going to say something else ans lost my train of thought.

A word on these commentary folks, New Zealand are shit, I get it.

Guest Ringmaster

Hopefully Spain don't just lie down for South Africa, Iraq can still pull through!

That said, it's the first time we Canadians can watch international football online without resorting to piracy or feeds. It's wonderful! I can watch this at work!