Confederations Cup

Hobo

There is something smug and self satisfying about all italians, outside of Zola and probably Frankie Dettori....they just seem really unlikeable. Shame US couldn't hang on really.

Edited by Jushin 'Thunder' Liam

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it, Italy is meant to be one of the greatest football teams in the world... yet they insist on attempting to win free kicks EVERYWHERE for the tiniest of nudges.

I'm not sure about the red card... I guess that the referee was close to the challenge and heard the crack of the foot on shin. Other than that I have no idea why that would be a red of all things, it was mistimed but not really bad... plus it didn't seem to hurt the Italian who had it inflicted on him.

What a wonderful goal by Rossi, but it's Pirlo's goal really. Rare thing to see Pirlo do something like that....or even Italy for that matter :shifty:

Seems you need to watch more of Pirlo then (Y)

Pretty decent game, really one sided in the second half though. Happy with that win, always good to see the US losing as well.

What a wonderful goal by Rossi, but it's Pirlo's goal really. Rare thing to see Pirlo do something like that....or even Italy for that matter :shifty:

Seems you need to watch more of Pirlo then (Y)

Pretty decent game, really one sided in the second half though. Happy with that win, always good to see the US losing as well.

I have seen him, a lot. His game is pass and move, he rarely does moves/tricks like this.

I don't get it, Italy is meant to be one of the greatest football teams in the world... yet they insist on attempting to win free kicks EVERYWHERE for the tiniest of nudges.

That's how they got the mantle, I think. Still angry about 2006.

That's how they got the mantle, I think. Still angry about 2006.

Not to start the same old argument again, but they deserved to win the World Cup in 2006, whatever argument you want to bring up.

I'd also like to see Brazil/Spain happen in this and for Brazil to beat them, mainly because I'm already tired of these commentators telling me how amazing Spain look and how they're seemingly better than everyone else.

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

So being ranked #1 by FIFA and being European Champions doesn't make them great then? :shifty: Spain vs. Brazil, I would see Spain winning. Or an awful lot of goals being scored if both went at it hell for leather.

The way I see it, if it was Brazil with that sort of record every team would be shitting themselves over the prospect of facing them. I think it's just because we're so used to seeing Spain bottle it at major tournaments we don't see them as a threatening team... forgetting that every other 'major' team that would normally have a chance to smash them really don't look to have the ability to beat them (Brazil and Argentina are absolute shells of what they once were, Germany hasn't got the balance right of young Vs old, France are a joke and Italy haven't come to terms with the players they've relied on for so long retiring)

At the moment Spain ARE the best in the world, they've got an entire team full of brilliant players at their peak, and another 5+ on the bench waiting for when one of them gets injured. This team may well be the dominant force in world football for another 5 years or so... and that's even before you consider their youth players who also look phenominal (Parjo, Bojan).

To put it simply, Spain are not only playing good football, but they also have the bite to allow them to win matches. They're like Unbeatables era Arsenal

Not to start the same old argument again, but they deserved to win the World Cup in 2006, whatever argument you want to bring up.

No doubting they deserved to win. Just not a big fan of the way they won their game in the round of sixteen.

No doubting they deserved to win. Just not a big fan of the way they won their game in the round of sixteen.

You can say that, I will believe until death that we were fucking robbed.

All this shows is that CWB has a knack for putting thing's nicely and that Australia got robbed <_<