The Dance Thread

Dan

So yeah, we haven't got one of these and someone on EWB must like at least a little bit of dance music :shifty:

Anyway, I'm curently digging both the clubland classix cd's as well as:

Neo Cortex - Elements

Cutback feat. Federal - Rock to the Rythm

Discoland - Flip & Fill

Ferry Corsten - Beautiful

Loads of various Tiesto, Master Blaster & Ultrabeat tunes too.

Argh, Ferry Corsten has.. 3 good songs? The rest pretty much bring me to sleep.

Sander Van Doorn - Supernaturalistic is a decent album

And well, pretty much all Tïesto and Armin tunes.

Still waiting on A State of Trance 2009. Hopefully it's not the blah factor of 2008, but I been hearing good things. I heard a rumor though, the CD version is just two tracks, a straight continous mix for each side. Please... ugh, no. I doubt it's true. But that would be horrible if it was.

Lately been loving CD2 on Anjunadeep 001, though getting past Murder Weapon is a bit of a challenge. It's like I need to start at Track 5, go to the end. Then go back and do tracks 1-4.

On the Above and Beyond theme, Anjunabeats Vol. 6 was probably the best between 4, 5, and 6.

One these days, I been meaning to get around to getting the second Christopher Lawrence artist album.

I got a couple of Ferry Corsten albums, and well - half the albums are good and half the albums are shit.

Right of Way: Sublime, Kyoto, Right of Way, It's Time, might be able to get away with Star Traveller. But there's some real stinkers.

L.E.F.: I didn't get around to getting this

Twice in a Blue Moon: Best that stood out to me was Black Velvet, the New Years Day remix, and most notably Made of Love. Again, a lot of real stinkers.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Erm.. ASOT is already out. :/

Fully aware. Came out May 25th-ish on iTunes, CD was June 8th? I ordered the CD off Amazon and it's um... not around. Probably got another week or two. Can't find it in stores, and rather have a physical copy.

Shit never comes along in a timely manner over here in the States, we're always a few weeks behind Europe.

Edited by Lowerdeck

I've recently gotten back into Soulwax... Nite Versions is so fucking amazing it's crazy. Everything from their remix of Daft Punk's "Teachers" to the mix of E-Talking is seriously insane. Very underrated release, because from top to bottom it's an incredible release.

Recently got hold of Tiga's new record, Ciao! Very very good release and definitely a huge improvement over Sexor. Tiga's first two singles off, Mind Dimension and Shoes, are great. Mind Dimension is perfect for the club.

For those who are interested in a great site for dance music and club culture... http://www.residentadvisor.net/

That's actually a fucking stellar line up. The first day is great obviously with the headliners, Tiga, Steve Aoki, Kaskade, Busy P, Robbier Rivera... all really stellar acts. However the second day? Out of this fucking world. David Guetta is fucking amazing, LCD Soundsystem/DFA, Hot Chip, Hercules & Love Affair, fucking Frankie Knuckles (!!!), Lindstrom, Audion and a few other really great names. That's a fucking amazing set. The only downer being I saw Andy Butler (Hercules and Love Affair) do a DJ set before. He was fucking amazing though, so definitely worth seeing a second time around. I think the first day is a bit hit and miss, but you'd be crazy to miss the second day.

I've been looking forward to seeing Armin for a long while. He was in Boston last year, and I missed it.

I went to New York to see Ferry Corsten two years ago, but then did not want to stay there until 4:30 in the morning cause I had work the next day. So I'm looking to see him also.

Damn, it's tempting just to go for both. Headliners on both look good.

And my copy of A State of Trance 2009 is finally coming. Took Amazon about three weeks.

Erm.. seriously, you guys haven't heard of Benny Benassi? Psht, damn Americans :P

Gotta admit, that looks freaking good.. except Ferry Corsten.. I've seen him live once and he really bored the shit out of me.. Armin I've seen 7 times now, and always manages to catch me surprised again. David Guetta is fucking awesome too, and .. you lucky bastards :(

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

I was into trance in 1999-2000 so still have some Euphoria stuff from back then. Got some Hard House stuff from 2000/01 and then a couple of years of decent techno stuff.

Nothing really sticks out though as seminal work. Indeed of the era I think the only truly classic tracks are "Seven Days and One Week" by BBE, "Saltwater" by Chicane and Tiesto's mix of "Silence" by Delirium.

Erm.. seriously, you guys haven't heard of Benny Benassi? Psht, damn Americans :P

Gotta admit, that looks freaking good.. except Ferry Corsten.. I've seen him live once and he really bored the shit out of me.. Armin I've seen 7 times now, and always manages to catch me surprised again. David Guetta is fucking awesome too, and .. you lucky bastards :(

Benny Benassi, I've heard of him. I can't say I like anything he's done though.

How can you not know Benny Benassi? That's like not knowing Donald Trump, or something :shifty:

Everyone knows Benny Benassi's shit, even if you don't know it by name. Everyone and their mothers has to have heard Satisfaction...

Also, everyone should rush out and download the leaked tracks from Simian Mobile Disco. So amazing.

Yeah, Benassi is shit. Simple as.

Ferry Corstens 'Twice in a Blue Moon' was actually a pretty damn good album. Before I would only listen to a few of his songs but when I bought the album, I was impressed.

ATB has released a new album, 'Future Memories' which I still haven't got yet, the previews for the album were pretty good but ATB is like marmite, you either love him or hate him.

Encourage anyone to download Above and Beyond podcasts, 2 hours long of trance without much talking. It opened my eyes to guys like Oliver Smith, Robert Nickson, Signalrunners and it is certainly a better podcast than ASOT or Tiestos Club Life. ASOT has just gone down hill IMO.

• 8 months later...

Bumpage, as one of the greatest things I've ever heard was recorded last night in Holland.

http://www.radio4.nl/page/programma/93

Site's in Dutch, but watch the top video, it's the classical interpretation of some of Armin's greatest hits, with a bit of help of Eller's guitar.

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

• 5 months later...

Anybody else going to creamfield's? :shifty:

Didn't think so.

Can't imagine the last time I looked towards a festival this much, as I will be backstage, and how often is there a festival headlining Armin, Tiesto and David Guetta? and having the chance to be backstage? Once in a lifetime opportunity.