Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

I think a lot depends on how our defence deals with them. I don't think they've scored in 5 of their last 6 league games but if they can get at Rafael or Brown with a bit of pace then I'm not too confident we'd keep them out. This is our first game since we've come into a good bit of form that we're playing against an organised team which is where we've struggled so far this season. Our midfield (Carrick and Fletcher in particular) have been brilliant in recent games but they've had a lot of space to operate so it'll will be interesting to see how they fare against tighter opposition.

Nobody's saying they'll fund Portsmouth, just the players, they're not covering any debts, just playing the players their wages, Portsmouth isn't seeing any money, at the end of the season, they're still bust, but the players at least get paid.

Their not even doing that on time. I'm surprised more players didn't exit in January. The figure being quoted is owing £11 million to the tax man yet they could still afford to start payments for Dindane.

Even the council have said it would be a waste of tax payers money to help the club out.

Yes, the FA.

Um no, because in order to sue you have to fulfil the conditions of damnum injuria datum, that being "loss wrongfully caused". More simply it means that to have title to sue a certain person or body said person or body must have, through an established chain of causation, caused a loss to the pursuer. However, evidence of loss being caused is not enough - it must also either be unreasonable or negligent.

therefore can't sue the FA.

:shifty:

• Like 1

Yay, Cuellar! <_<

What really pisses me off is that the channel that was supposed to show the match in here isn't working at the moment, so I have my City supporting friend text messaging me about what's happening in the pitch. Oh boy, did he enjoy informing me of that goal.

Yay, own goal by Collins!

I bet I won't get a text message now. Fucker.

Edited by Shelty92

Is anyone else listening to the hilarious 5 Live coverage of Utd/Villa? Robbie Savage is either really cold or he's being possessed by the spirit of Matt Morgan's old gimmick - he can't get a fucking word out pinch.gif.

EDIT: I love Louis Saha. That is all.

EDIT OF THE EDIT: Aaaand now I hate him. mad.gif

EDIT-A-GO-GO: Saha wub.gif.

Edited by badotori

It's fair to say Donovan has been a fantastic pick up from Everton so far. Way too many people were hard on him when he arrived on loan, but I really feel he's fitted in brilliant for Everton.

Shame to see Nani get sent off as he's been finding some much better form lately. Really nervous about this second half now.

Oh thank you West Ham. Can't see how they would lose this 2-0 lead to Birmingham, and 3 points heading into the relegation-battle match between Hull is a huge momentum boost. Now that Cole's starting to get healthy, I'm more upbeat about the club's chances of staying up. It's not McCarthy, Mido, or Ilan that will score goals for West Ham, but Cole.