Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Anybody else going to the pub to watch the United vs Chelsea game in 3D? It's the first game available in my area as the last one, I think, was UK only, I can't wait! Just wondering if anyone went to the first one, is it any good?

I heard some stuff is great - like when they walk out onto the pitch.

The actual games aren't so slick because it's unlike Avatar where it's scripted...The ball may fly in a nice direction from time to time but sometimes it doesn't feel especially 3D....From what I've heard anyway.

I think it'd be fun to see a football game in 3D i don't think i could be bothered wearing Glasses while having a pint...but then again i'm used to the pub having the match from some slovenian or norweigian channel that has like the old Setanta Sports commentators

i think the complaining about teams thing yeh i can understand it but at the end of the day Fulham are pretty much safe, ain't going to finish in a relevant position in the League that gives them anything special and they'd had an FA Cup game and a tough Europa League game i can understand why he wanted to rest some of the team but i do understand the reasons for doing it. It's not as bad as when Wolves did it to Man.U

• Admin

Cocks. Expect the complaint to be ignored - granted they rested a few players but it wasn't 'wholesale changes' ala Wolves (10 changes).

Roy Hodgson sums it up pretty well:

"Firstly I do not think West Ham should be picking our team and I think that is a fairly obvious statement," said Hodgson.

"My conscience is perfectly clear on the subject and we do not have a case to answer.

"We chose a team comprising a player just sold for £10m [Chris Smalling] and a South African international [Kagisho Dikgacoi], and replaced Bobby Zamora with Clint Dempsey, a United States international.

"I can't understand why, if you have a large squad, it's not allowed for you to change things around. I can't imagine anyone questioning Liverpool, Manchester United or Chelsea for using all the players in their squad."

The article on the BBC site has quote from Roberto Martinez supporting Hodgson, and ends with "....And it is understood that the Premier League is only likely to enforce that regulation if wholesale changes are made."

The impression I've got from a few West Ham-supporting friends is one of embarrasment and 'grasping at straws'.

They should concentrate less on complaining about other teams fielding weakened teams and start to play well and start getting points

I like the way the ownership of my favorite rugby league club is set up.

Club is divided, with the owners having control of 75% % to the fans 25%

The 25% have rights to veto any attempt at relocation, merging and any attempt to change the colours or name of the club.

Works out quite well.

isn't Barcelona set up like a fan ownership a bit? I'm pretty sure i remember seeing or hearing something when a fan consortium was supposed to maybe put a bid in for us

The press really talk some shit. Apparently newspapers think MON is going at the end of the season. BBC Sport says he's keen to stay on, and O'Neill himself says the reports are "absolute nonsense".

:rolleyes:

A democratic fan ownership would probably work

It's just when a club is owned by two fans who run the club like a dictatorship that you get the problem.

Sullivan has the power to do what he wants if things don't go his way, and he can because it's his club :/

How ARE Ebbsfleet United doing these days? ;)

....Wait a minute! Ron Hillyard is the goalie coach? He's my secondary school best mate's dad! Also a record appearance holder for Gillingham. Groovy.

West Ham are becoming a joke at the moment. Gold and Sullivan are coming out every week slagging their team off and then they go complaining about other teams?

Send the fuckers down and shut them up if this is what they are resorting to.

Support your manager and your team and shut up. Let them do the talking - not you. Clearly you aren't making a very good job of it.