Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

*ventures back onto the internet for the first time since yesterday's unmitigated shiteness*

In recent weeks, some of the Chelsea fans have taken a liking to Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds".

I have now joined them. Suffice to say, I'm going to be playing that song constantly throughout the coming week at least. :shifty:

All this arrogance, over-reacting and whatnot at this point of the season is understandable in my books. If you've read any of my previous posts during this season (especially in the past few weeks) you can tell that I've not been arrogant, but rather gutted because of the way we've nearly thrown the season in the trash. But now the title race is back on, the season is nearing its conclusion and the tension is running high - so is it really that bad that emotions are overflowing, especially after two derbies which might've made this season's run-in one of the most exciting in quite some time?

I'll take my choke post for an example. Yes, it was stupid. Yes, it was arrogant - but I posted it just minutes after a final whistle which made yesterday the perfect day in terms of sports, putting a stop to the misery brought by those horrifying couple of weeks we've had. If I had wandered into this topic, let's say, half an hour later, I would've probably expressed my gratitude for Spurs and left.

But hey, even if Chelsea won't choke now and will go on and win the title, I won't feel that bad. We've bounced back when it matters the most, so even if the season ends in disappointment, it won't be 'cause of United giving up after a spell that seemed to be the end of our title hopes. That's why it felt so damn good.

Meh I still think/hope Chelsea win the league, it's still in their hands.

I like Tottenham more than any other EPL team this year and would love to see them in the Champions League, which is easing the pain of seeing this thread becoming one big Man Utd fan circlejerk over a jammy last minute victory, because shudder the thought anyone one says anything negative about Man Utd in here.

Sorry, but half the United fans have been negative over the recent performances. It's not like they all flood in here and act like we're playing super, because we know we aren't. Last minute goal today, but the victory wasn't 'jammy'. We were probably the better side over the space of 90 minutes as well.

Title race back on (Y)

I was more talking about anyone else saying anything negative about United, which is usually followed by a lash of posts about how wrong the person even if the criticism is grounded, i.e The General saying Rooney should've been booked, which he should've been. This being followed by more bitching about De Jong going down too easily and high fives, but when Rooney did the exact same thing in the second half, nothing.

I know some people are realistic and as unbiased as possible, but somtimes it's silly.

Don't think for a second that I'm overly pro-Chelsea or anti-United when it couldn't be further from the truth. For example, I think Sir Alex Ferguson and Gary Neville are two of the biggest dicks in football, while I love me some Darron Gibson. Similarly John Terry is an absolute cock on the field and off-the field, while Didier Drogba is no saint either, but I really appreciate the football they play.

It's the attiutde/arrogance of United fans that I know personally (seriously, every second football fan here is a United fan, the others being Liverpool fans who share the same level of arrogance, but that's a different matter) combined with what I've seen here in this thread, see: massive choking pic, is turning me like many others against United.

Oh and still 1 point behind, with perhaps the worst possible fixture next, while Chelsea have Wigan (Y)

Now wait for a gang of posts saying how awesome United are and how wrong I am.

You just keep talking bollocks though. I actually don't think one single United fan on this forum have said United have been awesome what so ever over the space of the last month or two. It's just identical to the shit you pull with Macheda, acting like every United fan praises him as the new Pele, when none of them actually do.

The main point was that General was acting like the referee was favouring United (as certain people say EVERY fucking week) despite the fact he refused to give us hardly anything in the first half. Where the fuck are you and General when Chelsea get away with two penalty decisions against Bolton? Surprisingly nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1

Red? On a Chelsea kit?

It's only coincidence that red has vanished from Chelsea kits in the past 15 years - nearly every home kit in the 1980s had some red in them. Reintroducing it is actually kind of a retro touch.

Take, for instance, the 1994 kit:

chelsea_1994-1995-d.gif

seems Addidas are going a bit retro for next season with their kits. But i do think the Liverpool one is nicer then the Chelsea one in the most unbiased manner i can possibly be in :P

I actually don't think one single United fan on this forum have said United have been awesome what so ever over the space of the last month or two.

You can say whatever you want about United being a one man team and whatnot, but nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody does this better.

:)

Not saying that in this instance it isn't true and I'm not going to comment on whether or not United are a one man team. All a matter of opinion, which I don't want to get into a long winded argument about, but there you go.

The reason I didn't post anything about the Chelsea game is because I didn't have the benefit of seeing the game or reading along with this thread live and yes they were both penalties.

The ref didn't favour United yesterday, except for the Rooney incident which is the only one I mentioned and that's not a reflection on Man Utd, because if that were say, Darren Fletcher, he would've been booked. It's more that it's Wayne Rooney, England's shining light for the World Cup. Not so different from the case a few years back when a ref said he wouldn't have sent off John Terry in an incident where he saw red because he was England captain.

• Like 1

I actually don't think one single United fan on this forum have said United have been awesome what so ever over the space of the last month or two.

You can say whatever you want about United being a one man team and whatnot, but nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody does this better.

:)

Not saying that in this instance it isn't true and I'm not going to comment on whether or not United are a one man team. All a matter of opinion, which I don't want to get into a long winded argument about, but there you go.

The reason I didn't post anything about the Chelsea game is because I didn't have the benefit of seeing the game or reading along with this thread live and yes they were both penalties.

The ref didn't favour United yesterday, except for the Rooney incident which is the only one I mentioned and that's not a reflection on Man Utd, because if that were say, Darren Fletcher, he would've been booked. It's more that it's Wayne Rooney, England's shining light for the World Cup. Not so different from the case a few years back when a ref said he wouldn't have sent off John Terry in an incident where he saw red because he was England captain.

You've just quoted me saying nobody has called us awesome, then quoted another post which doesn't say anything about us being awesome, just a line about our late comebacks.

The one man team stuff is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the people who say the same about Arsenal (Fabregas) and Liverpool (Torres). I don't see how a team can be one of the best teams in Europe for years on end and do it all through one man, but as you said, let's not get into it (Y)

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I'm sorry for thinking that someone saying 'nobody is better' about United's comebacks is implying that the tema is awesome, nobody could come to that conclusion <_<

Also, for the record United being the best team in Europe for 'years on end', in the last decade was actually just the one year and your right it wasn't just one man, it was Rooney and Ronaldo (Y)

Right I'm done.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for thinking that someone saying 'nobody is better' about United's comebacks is implying that the tema is awesome, nobody could come to that conclusion <_<

Also, for the record United being the best team in Europe for 'years on end', in the last decade was actually just the one year and your right it wasn't just one man, it was Rooney and Ronaldo (Y)

Right I'm done.

Again, you're reading wrong. I said ONE of the best teams in Europe and was also talking about Arsenal and Liverpool in that regard too.

You must be right though. Damn that Ronaldo and Rooney with their amazing defending and brilliant shot stopping in goal.