Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

The main point was that General was acting like the referee was favouring United (as certain people say EVERY fucking week) despite the fact he refused to give us hardly anything in the first half. Where the fuck are you and General when Chelsea get away with two penalty decisions against Bolton? Surprisingly nowhere to be seen.

In fairness, the first point was utterly tongue in cheek saying that trust United to get a referee that gave a questionable amount of decisions in the last derby match to referee in THIS derby match due to bizarre circumstances (the ref being stuck in Greece or something)

It's only when I realised that the referee was not giving any fouls despite one team being visibly aggressive...I started to rage <_<

I mean come on, I could understand the ref not booking Rooney for a late challenge... but this was kicking a player and don't most off the ball incidents warrent a yellow card by default? Even if De Jong had dived in an over the top fashion then it would have resulted in yellow cards for both of them... not no yellow cards for either of them.

But yeah, Chelsea and Arsenal have been doing similar things in recent times, and if Scholes had tackled Milner like Terry did in the FA Cup match I'd probably still be seething now.

I'm sorry for thinking that someone saying 'nobody is better' about United's comebacks is implying that the tema is awesome, nobody could come to that conclusion <_<

Oh, for fucks sake. I did say that nobody is better than us when it comes to those late goals, but if you'd actually use your fucking brain while reading, you would understand my point was that no matter how bad United play (or how many people call us a one man team), we're still the best team in the world to pull that kinda stuff out of the hat - especially against City, seeing that this was the third time we pulled this off against them this season. That's not calling the team awesome, and to be fair, we've been anything but as of late.

If a Stoke fan said that nobody's better than them when it comes to capitalizing long throw-ins, you surely wouldn't take that as 'those arrogant fans ranting 'n' raving 'bout how their team is so awesome again', right?

Edited by Shelty92

• Admin

Dare I say it - should we get a result against Utd then who knows it could very well be possible for either us and/or City to catch Arsenal! I still think that is unlikely though.

Interesting tidbit here:

1554: Here's another gem from Infostrada Sports: [Pompey's] Lennard Sowah becomes the first player born after the Premier League was formed to start a PL match. The Ghanaian defender was born on 23 August 1992, eight days after the first PL matches were played.
  • Like 1

technically Arsenal could finish 5th if they don't pick up any points and Man.City and Spurs win everygame apart from drawing with each other

Torres out for the season, going to miss around six weeks for an operation on his knee. Should be back for the World Cup.

:(

I didn't realise his injury was that bad. Ugh, it's a good job United only require Liverpool to get a draw against Chelsea, rather than beat them, like they would've needed to if Spurs didn't win yesterday.

I'm not saying Liverpool can't score goals to win games without Torres, but this is against Chelsea and he certainly would've helped things.

Rafa probably would've rested him anyway for the likely Europa League final, like he will most of his first team, prompting a fit from Fergie and a smirk on the spaniard's part.

I doubt Torres would have been rested, he's at his best when he's playing consistently. A bit like Owen in that respect - doesn't slot straight back in and play at his best straight away.

Will be interesting to see what people have to say now though about the Birmingham substitution. Came off and immediately got treatment on his knee - but that was just for show, that devious forinner Benitez, right? :rolleyes:

Yeah, the papers are always quick to criticise whenever a manager brings his star man/one of his better players off. I think it got the reaction it did because Torres (along with Gerrard) seemed bemused as to why he was being substituted, like when Fergie took Tevez off last season.

The papers were all "ZOMG HE'S BOUND TO LEAVE NOW!" - Sadly, they were right ...for once.

hopefully we'll give Dani Pacheco a run out in the team now, kids got tons of potential and has looked promising when he's been given chances. The fans are cryin out for him to be given time and i dont see why not.

Oh theres strong chances if the plane situation isn't resolved by monday that the Europa League games might be postponed