METALMAN

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Celtic's only hope is for the referees to help them."

So that'll be them through then :rolleyes:

Not in Europe ;)

Also, first few SPL ESPN/SKY fixtures are out.

Dundee Utd/Hearts has been moved to the Monday at 7.45pm, 3 days before a crunch Europa League tie :angry:

Hope we complain, I wanted to go too (N)

"Celtic's only hope is for the referees to help them."

So that'll be them through then :rolleyes:

Not in Europe ;)

Also, first few SPL ESPN/SKY fixtures are out.

Dundee Utd/Hearts has been moved to the Monday at 7.45pm, 3 days before a crunch Europa League tie :angry:

Hope we complain, I wanted to go too (N)

Blame your club for accepting the Setanta deal in the first place. <_<

They wanted more money so, it's not even that ESPN or Sky are annoying, it's just it's such a horrible time for Hearts to play.

Dundee Utd on the Monday, Europa League game on the Thursday, potentially in Edinburgh, potentially in Eastern Europe then Rangers on the Sunday lunchtime so Sky can show it.

That'll be 3 losses to start the season probably. (N)

Sky offered the exact same deal as Setanta before we signed the new contract, 3 teams went for Sky Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen. Games getting moved to Monday Nights is due to Sky already having the schedules fixed before giving us a deal.

To be honest I wouldn't expect you to win any of the games anyway. Although Smith hasn't signed anyone there are a good few players coming back from big injuries and Naismith is getting his first pre-season with Rangers too so hopefully should feel like new signings. I'm just hoping either Smith has someone lined up to bring in by January for CB as Bougherra will be off for maybe a month.

Didn't Setanta offer much more money which is why the other 9 teams picked that over Sky? They were all idiots anyway, well to be fair, it worked until Setanta decided to try and outbid Sky for some Premiership games, then it all went to hell :P

And we would have beaten Dundee Utd, and I almost expect us to beat Rangers at Tynecastle these days, well atleast get a point, there's no reason why we can't win both these games but I can't see us winning 3 games in 6 days with our small squad. Let's just hope it's an easy team in Europe at home that week so we can win all 3 games ^_^

Then lose to St.Johnstone :shifty:

On Rangers, they should be fine, they are still better than Celtic are right now, although if Bougherra went there's a problem but Davie Weir and Bougherra were brilliant last season to be fair but I wouldn't trust Weir with Broadfoot/Whoever the other centre back is.

Rangers are fine though, aslong as Boyd stays you're pretty much guaranteed goals and along with Novo upfront and Miller running, Rangers should have enough to win the SPL again.

We'll just nick in ahead of Monkeyheids Celtic and take 2nd though (Y)

Didn't Setanta offer much more money which is why the other 9 teams picked that over Sky? They were all idiots anyway, well to be fair, it worked until Setanta decided to try and outbid Sky for some Premiership games, then it all went to hell :P

And we would have beaten Dundee Utd, and I almost expect us to beat Rangers at Tynecastle these days, well atleast get a point, there's no reason why we can't win both these games but I can't see us winning 3 games in 6 days with our small squad. Let's just hope it's an easy team in Europe at home that week so we can win all 3 games ^_^

Then lose to St.Johnstone :shifty:

On Rangers, they should be fine, they are still better than Celtic are right now, although if Bougherra went there's a problem but Davie Weir and Bougherra were brilliant last season to be fair but I wouldn't trust Weir with Broadfoot/Whoever the other centre back is.

Rangers are fine though, aslong as Boyd stays you're pretty much guaranteed goals and along with Novo upfront and Miller running, Rangers should have enough to win the SPL again.

We'll just nick in ahead of Monkeyheids Celtic and take 2nd though (Y)

Nope, Sky offered the exact same as Setanta but not as much up front. Broadfoot is out till November so its Lee McCulloch for backup. :crying:

Although Danny Wilson is meant to be an excellent prospect at the back although is only 17. Plus Aaron should get some games next year and can hopefully show what he can do like he does for Spain U-21's.

Nope, Sky offered the exact same as Setanta but not as much up front. Broadfoot is out till November so its Lee McCulloch for backup. :crying:

Although Danny Wilson is meant to be an excellent prospect at the back although is only 17. Plus Aaron should get some games next year and can hopefully show what he can do like he does for Spain U-21's.

Ah that'll be what it was, knew it was something that meant more money atleast at first (Y)

And oh christ Lee McCulloch :lol:

That must be a horrible feeling to have.

Who will be Rangers RB though? Isn't that where Broadfoot sort of made home, unless i'm completely forgetting someone.

Also Fleck next season too, I assume he'll be brought more into the first team for more experience as I still don't see Lafferty as a winger.

Ah that'll be what it was, knew it was something that meant more money atleast at first (Y)

And oh christ Lee McCulloch :lol:

That must be a horrible feeling to have.

Who will be Rangers RB though? Isn't that where Broadfoot sort of made home, unless i'm completely forgetting someone.

Also Fleck next season too, I assume he'll be brought more into the first team for more experience as I still don't see Lafferty as a winger.

I can see him attempting a 4-3-3 that turns in to 4-5-1 with Miller and Lafferty on the outsides with Boyd/Velicka in the middle.

Whittaker made RB his own last season, the only backup there is Lowing who is on a 6 month contract but was shit for Clyde last season.

Forgot about Whittaker :o

Be surprised if Velicka was still at Rangers at the start of the season, great finisher that lad, although quite similar to how Kris Boyd plays so I can see Velicka benched a lot, although it's not a bad back up if Boyd doesn't play, sadly :(

On another note.

Apparently Avram Grant is going to be our new Sporting Director :unsure:

I still dont think we NEED to sign anyone. It would be a nice boost but Celtic haven't strengthened at all, just replaced players that have left.

The only worry i have about them now is that they have signed a left back so no more laughing at Lee Naylor.

Dont mention McCulloch, truley one of the worst players to ever pull on the Gers top, he makes Nuno Caputcho and Emerson look like good players. The very epitome of the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none"

Grant to the JT's is laughable. Big Vlad is trying to balance the books down Tynecastle way, hes not gonna fork out for Avrams salary... mind you, after Sven to Notts County i wouldnt rule anything out, its been a weird summer.

I dont really think Broadfoot is that bad to be honest, he ripped McGeady a new one down the wing from RB in the old firm last year and was fairly solid at CB as required for the last couple of years.

1:43 seconds to see the glorious Govan Flick... Here

Aaron looks the part if his Spain U21 form is anything to go by. If he is getting called one of the brightest young spanish players he cant be that bad, but then again he looked very average when he played last year.

Edited by NotoriousGTT

I still dont think we NEED to sign anyone. It would be a nice boost but Celtic haven't strengthened at all, just replaced players that have left.

The only worry i have about them now is that they have signed a left back so no more laughing at Lee Naylor.

Dont mention McCulloch, truley one of the worst players to ever pull on the Gers top, he makes Nuno Caputcho and Emerson look like good players. The very epitome of the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none"

Grant to the JT's is laughable. Big Vlad is trying to balance the books down Tynecastle way, hes not gonna fork out for Avrams salary... mind you, after Sven to Notts County i wouldnt rule anything out, its been a weird summer.

I dont really think Broadfoot is that bad to be honest, he ripped McGeady a new one down the wing from RB in the old firm last year and was fairly solid at CB as required for the last couple of years.

1:43 seconds to see the glorious Govan Flick... Here

Aaron looks the part if his Spain U21 form is anything to go by. If he is getting called one of the brightest young spanish players he cant be that bad, but then again he looked very average when he played last year.

McCulloch is definitely better than Emerson or Capucho for his first 6 months alone, besides he never really did much wrong at the back last season either.

Unfortunately I think Celtic are looking better in a few positions.

N'Guemo > Hartley

Fortune > Hesselhink(who was rank last year)

Fox > Naylor

As long as that prick Boruc keeps piling on the pounds we'll be fine though.

Fox > Naylor goes without saying and i'll admit that N'Guemo looks as player in the friendlys, but then again, Donati has looked a player in the friendlys so that shows you they mean nothing.

I dont think Fortune is a step up on JVOH. OK, Jan was rotten last year, but his first couple of years he was ok. Fortune is pretty much their version of Kenny Miller, lots of running, no product.

McCulloch did plenty wrong, he cant run, he cant tackle and he kicks folk off the park as soor as they get past him, he is a liability. To make matters worse he is gonna be on a tidy wage having come from the Premiership so id rather just get shot of him on a free or for a nominal fee if anyone will take him.

I agree about Boruc, as long as he plays they will drop points. This never gets old.

I still think that with a better challenge to his number one jersey that Boruc will get better, and with Zaluska as his number two, Boruc will be different class this year. Every keeper makes mistakes, but with a worthy replacement, Boruc will show how good a keeper he is, as he knows he can be replaced at any time (as Zaluska is a very good keeper.)

After Celtics euro humiliation at the hands of some diddy team from Russia its safe to say there isnt much to worry about from them this season.

Fortune looks like a black Fillip Sebo, Donati is still pash, Samaras is still a donkey, Boruc is still a liability and McDonald seems to get fatter by the day.

You can tell how bad things were when they were clamouring for Chris Killen to come on and save the day.