Official - 65K A Week For THAT - SPL Thread

METALMAN

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Mowbray being appointed as Celtic manager just now, that's us picking up 12 points from our 4 meetings with Celtic so:

1st - Rangers

2nd - Hearts

3rd - Celtic

4th - Aberdeen

5th - Dundee Utd

6th - Motherwell

7th - Hamilton Accies

8th - St.Johnstone

9th - Kilmarnock

10th - Hibernian

11th - Falkirk

12th - St.Mirren

Bring on next season, my Season Ticket is in the mail, Csaba has turned down 4 job offers apparently.

I would say we'll win the league but that's probably taking it a bit far, but I see no reason why we can't pip Celtic or Rangers to 2nd.

Well, that depends if we buy a striker who score goals, I can't bare another season of Christian Nade :(

Pfft, so much ignorance about the awesomeness of the mighty Saints of Perth.

1: St Johnstone

2: Celtic

3: Rangers

4: Aberdeen

5: Hibs

6: Hearts

7: Dundee Utd

8: Motherwell

9: Hamilton

10: Kilmarnock

11: St Mirren

12: Falkirk

Hopefully McInnes stays as I'm fed up of losing managers to better things. In all seriousness I'd expect Saints to be flirting with getting into the top 6, rather than worrying about relegation.

I fancy Celtic to topple Rangers, especially if they balls up the Chamions League qualifiers and can concentrate on the SPL from September.

Hearts finally have a decent man in charge, so he'll be sacked by September. Will be interested to see how McGhee and Hughes do, and how United replace Zaluska. Good season ahead I reckon.

Saturday August 15, 2009

Aberdeen V Celtic

Dundee United V Hearts

Hibernian V St Mirren

Kilmarnock V Hamilton Accies

Rangers V Falkirk

St Johnstone V Motherwell

First weeks fixtures.

Away which i'm not chuffed about add to our start being:

Dundee Utd A

Rangers H

St.Johnstone A

Celtic A <_<

But there's a new Years Derby at Easter Road on i'll be attending, all on the march to SPL glory (Y)

I'm going to struggle to hate Celtic as much with Tony Mowbray there now. I've always preferred Rangers to Celtic, always despised Celtic but I love Mowbray.

Then again my adopted Scottish team is Heart of Midlothian anyways so it's a bit pointless <_<

Pfft, so much ignorance about the awesomeness of the mighty Saints of Perth.

1: St Johnstone

:wub:

Motherwell at home on the first day is alright, should be looking for at least a point there. Still 50/50 about going to Parkhead on the second weekend. Never been to the Spud Bowl before but I'm not sure I fancy seeing up getting royally pumped.

Then again my adopted Scottish team is Heart of Midlothian anyways so it's a bit pointless <_<

It's looking up for Hearts now though! Unless Romanov decides to go crazy and sack Csaba, but that's (hopefully) not going to happen. :shifty:

You going up to Tynecastle for the Hearts/Sunderland friendly in August?

If you do decide to make the trip up, i'd be up for a drink somewhere, The Diggers is probably the best bet as it appears to be the sort of neutral venue, plus it's only a friendly and there's no dispute that i know of between the fans.

Should be a laugh though, £12 for me to get in, hopefully Craig Gordon plays as I imagine that's the only reason most folk will go, well that and to make sure the new smartcard system works, if you notice there's hardly anybody there after 10 minutes you know they screwed up <_<

Think Sunderland are getting the whole Roseburn stand aswell, not sure why as that's only the case for Hibs, Celtic and Rangers, unless Sunderland are going to bring about 3000 fans :mellow:

Seems I can get a train ticket for less than £20 assuming a weekend will be off-peak, I'm guessing it will but I'm pretty inept with all this sort of thing. Can't imagine the tickets will be too much so definitely seems doable.

Drink after the match the best option or before? Would just need to work out when to get in and out, but the first train out after the match is like 6pm so I'd be available after. About how far away is Tynecastle from Haymarket train station - think I can get into Haymarket at about 2:15 so obviously I should get there with a bit of time but is it much of a walk or will I need vehicle transport?

Closer to the time when I can get tickets and stuff we can maybe thrash out some more details (Y)

If your train doesn't arrive until 2:15 it's better to do it after the match.

Haymarket to Tynecastle is a 10-15 minute walk, depends on how fast you walk, you can get the bus but there's no point in that due to the roadworks and they might be packed.

If need be I could meet you up at the Station and show you where to go as the Roseburn stand is at the back :P

Alternatively, just follow the big crowd, that will be taking the route, although you'd have to tail off so you don't end up going into the home end.

But yeah, 10-15 minutes give or take from Haymarket to Tynie.

I am cautiously optimistic about this year for Rangers. Guaranteed CL football is always a plus and I faith in Walter to make it 53 titles. Also don't think Mowbray will do a very good job at Celtic.

If your train doesn't arrive until 2:15 it's better to do it after the match.

Haymarket to Tynecastle is a 10-15 minute walk, depends on how fast you walk, you can get the bus but there's no point in that due to the roadworks and they might be packed.

If need be I could meet you up at the Station and show you where to go as the Roseburn stand is at the back :P

Alternatively, just follow the big crowd, that will be taking the route, although you'd have to tail off so you don't end up going into the home end.

But yeah, 10-15 minutes give or take from Haymarket to Tynie.

Ten-Fifteen minutes walk from the station to the stadium seems fine (it's down a straight road isn't, begins with a D?.. <_<) and assuming your stadium is the same shape as most, that being a rectangular shape :P, I should be able to get around to the other side I imagine, mainly by walking in a big circle till I stumble to it - I'm guessing the Hearts fans aren't going to be all riled up and trying to start a fight with me..

So yeah I should be okay for getting to and into the stadium I guess, I'll work it out and as you say - just follow people in the general direction. Closer to the time I'll get your mobile number etc. and then we can meet up after, where I'll definitely need your help because if it isn't walking in a straight line then I truly am going to be stuck. I'll be getting the train back about 7ish (based off my prelimanary working out) so enough time for a drink or two and stuff. Should be good fun :)

Aye, Dalry Road is the road, out Haymarket, go straight, turn right then past the Haymarket pub then just follow the road straight down towards Tynecastle.

You'll notice the stadium, since it's a friendly and aslong as you don't say anything stupid that would cause anything you could just walk past the Main Stand and you'll see the entrance to the Roseburn up that way, I'll need to check when I'm next up if that is correct though, I sit in the Wheatfield (opposite the main) so I don't deal with the Roseburn :P

Aye, nearer the time, when you have a ticket confirmed and everything i'll give you the number and so on, i'm not an expert on pubs in the area (only turned 18 on the 10th of this month) so i'm still learning all the areas.

Should be a laugh though, game will probaly be crap mind.

But you'll atleast get to see Csaba Laszlo dance around on the touchline :wub:

That's fine, it's a couple of drinks and then I'm back off home. May as well if we're both at the match and semi-know each other, doesn't matter where we go.

Looking forward to Zaliukas playing, I thought it was pretty much guaranteed he was leaving at the end of this season?, but quite looking forward to him nutting someone even if it is just a friendly. And I love me some Laszlo. Also looking forward to seeing Driver if he plays, I have to be honest I don't really know the Hearts team as well as I did before hand, probably had a better understanding before Romanov but I've always made it my job to follow their results so it'll be nice to say I had a chance to watch them, even if it is just a friendly. If I was ever to move to Edinburgh, and trust me that's been a thought of mine for a while now, I'd always hit up the Hearts matches.

1. Rangers

2. Hibs

3. Aberdeen

4. Celtic

5. Hearts

6. Hamilton

7. Motherwell

8. St. Mirren

9. Falkirk

10. Dundee United

11. St. Johnstone

12. Kilmarnock

That what I'd like to see by the end of the season. :)