Official - 65K A Week For THAT - SPL Thread

METALMAN

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see Kyle Lafferty's cleaned up his act and doesn't go flying at the slightest touch to get someone sent off. Oh wait...

Well Rangers pretty much have it in the bag now, which has been pretty obvious for most of the season. Not even Robbie Keane can sort out the mess that is Celtic under Mowbray.

They are so embarrassing. The team was too but ugh. Horrible. I don't know how anyone can complain, bad decisions or no Celtic simply are awful. They don't deserve to win the league so how can they whine?

The problem with football fans who are passionate about X club is that they often watch every match by that club... and rarely any other matches by any other club.

Thus they'll have looked through a list of incidents in matches that they've watched thoroughly... yet check youtube clips and match reports from other controversial incidents from other clubs.

So they'll be looking favourably on incidents that go badly for them, yet never see the context of incidents that go against/for other clubs in other matches.

Celtic fans contesting that you could get a 15 point swing is ridiculous, especially when you consider that there would be many positive and negative decisions for ALL clubs, possibly including some favourable Celtic decisions too.

I agreed that it should have been a yellow for Brown and Lafferty. Both of them were being tits, and ruined a good game. Now we'll never know which team is better on a team on team situation. I'm glad Walter took Lafferty off ASAP after the incident.

I thought overall Rangers were a bit better, but Celtic showed great determination to hang on and block shot after shot and it still would have been fair if it had been a draw. Then the fuckcluster at the end got the winning goal for Edu, who should have had a penalty earlier, and who should have done better with the chances he had before that.

It'll be interesting to see who finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th now. Dundee United are in 3rd thanks to Hibs' horrible run. I don't think United or Hibs will be able to catch Celtic.

On a side note, it only really sank in today how few Scottish (or even British) players Celtic had on the pitch. It seems odd that a team with such pride for homegrown players (see: Lisbon Lions) have so few of their own nation's players. Rangers: 8 Scots if you count naturalised Novo, 10 British if you count Novo again, with a Scottish manager. Papac, Edu and Bougherra making up the rest. Celtic: 2 Scots if you count McGeady, 3 British with McGeady, and British manager. Done very suddenly as well, not like back in the 90s where a squad was gradually built with foreign talent and home talent.