Official - 65K A Week For THAT - SPL Thread

METALMAN

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand where the hell Celtic got all this money from all of a sudden and why the hell they saw fit to let Tony Mowbray (who cost them £2m in the first place) go throwing around a ton of it in buying players. And this is after Setanta have gone tits up.

I don't understand where the hell Celtic got all this money from all of a sudden and why the hell they saw fit to let Tony Mowbray (who cost them £2m in the first place) go throwing around a ton of it in buying players. And this is after Setanta have gone tits up.

What money?

They really havnt spent much, £3.6m on Fortune, N'Guemo on loan, Szamaltolski (sp) on a free and Fox for £1.5m. Total spend of £5.1m on players plus £2m for Mowbry, so £7.1m all in.

That's not alot, especially considering they didn't spend at all last January and have got some big earning players of the wage bill (Bobo, Naka, JVoH).

Im see some of it will be added onto the clubs debt but since they have no debt at the moment it wont make much difference.

Still dont think they have brought in anyone to worry about, the title is staying right where it is (Y)

Edited for spelling

Edited by NotoriousGTT

Unfortunately, drawing up against a Russian team so early in the Europa League was bound to be suicide. We've seen over the past few years how investment into the league has produced better teams, and that combined with Celtic having one of their weakest teams in ages (still strong enough to rape most SPL sides though ¬_¬) mean that it isn't that surprising to get ripped apart by Dinamo Moscow.

Still wouldn't be anywhere as funny as Rangers getting knocked out by a Lituanian team ¬_¬

Still wouldn't be anywhere as funny as Rangers getting knocked out by a Lituanian team ¬_¬

:shifty:

Actually i think Hearts might be in with a shot of splitting the Auld Firm again, dont know who they will pip to second but they have a good manager and have actually spent some money this summer... well, by scottish standards anyway. But as long as Vlad keeps his nose out they could be a danger.

Edited by NotoriousGTT

Actually i think Hearts might be in with a shot of splitting the Auld Firm again, dont know who they will pip to second but they have a good manager and have actually spent some money this summer... well, by scottish standards anyway. But as long as Vlad keeps his nose out they could be a danger.

Rangers will win the league so we'll beat Celtic to 2nd, Mowbray is a fool so neither of us have to worry (Y)

We haven't spent money though, bunch of frees and out of contracts from around Europe are what we've bought, although if you believe the rags apparently we're going into administration, again, how many times is that now? 11? 12?

Because we've not paid a bill yet, that apparently isn't even due yet, Oh noes, flats are heading to Tynecastle <_<

Wee edit:

Aberdeen 1 - 5 Sigma Olomouc

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Cadj

• 2 weeks later...

And Celtic get Arsenal in the Champions League. Pretty much every Celtic fan at my work won't be in tomorrow due to depression or suicide caused by the news. I don't understand why they're so negative. If Rangers drew Arsenal I'd be ecstatic. Probably wouldn't win, but we'd get shitloads from the gates and we could focus on the SPL once we were knocked out, and likely win it again.

A main reason Rangers haven't won more leagues recently is because we were too busy dicking around in Europe, not that it's a bad thing getting to the UEFA Cup final. But I'd still never write off my own team against anyone.

Anyone sad we won't be seeing Livingston in the SPL again? Ah, good.

They were relegated from the First Division to the Third Division and have decided not to play while they appeal the decision. I doubt the verdict will be reversed, leaving them with little to no chance of surviving the season.

This is how I see the season going this year:

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

3. Hearts

4. Dundee United

5. Hibernian

6. Aberdeen

7. Kilmarnock

8. Motherwell

9. Hamilton Accies

10. St. Johnstone

11. St. Mirren

12. Falkirk

Anyone sad we won't be seeing Livingston in the SPL again? Ah, good.

Nope, infact, I wouldn't notice if they went out of business. That drumming twat they used to bring to Tynecastle got on my nerves so if it means just he, never goes to a football game again I will be happy :shifty:

On an SPL note.

Hearts were impressive enough against both Bolton and Sunderland with Suso Santana looking a real find, with him and Driver on the wings and Nade playing decently (scored a volley from 20 yards against Bolton :D ) and the apparent signings of both Ilco Naumoski and Yann Kermorgant today (both strikers) I have high hopes.

Oh and bring on Dinamo Zagreb, we can win that tie.

And I predict Ismael Bouzid will try and break Marius Zaliukas red card record.

Mark McGhee :lol:

Aberdeen are going to fight it out with Hamilton for the relegation spots, hopefully Aberdeen plummet down.

Hate having to wait 2 days for a Monday night k/o, although, I know we will put 3 past Dundee Utd with ease as we prepare to travel to Croatia.

Nade, Suso and Wallace to start off the Quadruple campaign :shifty: