Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

METALMAN

We needed a thread for this. <_<

Anyway I saw this film the other night and it was really good. I feel that although the Harry Potter films started out fairly average they've improved with each subsequent release.

Obviously its a bit of a disappointment that they leave so much out the book but that always has to happen and I think they left in all the most significant parts. Although perhaps my favourite bits of the book are the mundanities that stand absolutely no chance of getting into the films.

One thing I didn't get was the blowing up of the Weasley house about half way through though. That was just bizarre.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I didn't get was the blowing up of the Weasley house about half way through though. That was just bizarre.

Yeah I heard they put something like that in, kind of silly really and will only dilute the attck at Bill and Fleur's wedding in the Deathly Hallows.

I thought it was a little dissapointing. I think it was a very decent film, but I felt the ending was a bit weak. It lacked the impact and emotion that I thought it needed. Perhaps I expected a little too much, but it definitely missed the impact I felt the ending of the book had. Even though I knew what was going to happen, I just don't think they made quite enough of it.

I'm really looking forward to the next two films and can't wait for the final hoorah at the end of book seven.

I felt a little let down as well. I dont read the books, but Ive grown to love the film series. The movie was nice, but I was expecting more. I did enjoy the ending, though. Was rather emotional and sets up the final two films perfectly. I rather like that the last book is being split into two movies, as it will mean they can fit in all, if not then most, the things from the final book. But now I must wait an entire year :(

Yeah I heard they put something like that in, kind of silly really and will only dilute the attck at Bill and Fleur's wedding in the Deathly Hallows.

Easy on the spoilers for future stuff. I've not read the books, so I didn't expect to find spoilers for future films in here (if that is spoilers for future films that is) (Y)

Just watched it, loved it. I'd agree that the ending wasn't what I was expecting after all the others usually having a huge battle (and I don't read the books, so I had no clue how it would end or anything or the death of Dumbledore). Talking of his death, very sad, pretty damn emotional ending that made up for the lack of huge impact to finish it. I loved the building of Ginnie/Harry though, even though I always hoped from day one it'd be Hermione/Harry, but it's turned out pretty awesome this way. I still find Ron funny but struggle to care too much for him, not sure why. I think the film itself did good in adding more to the entire story though and honestly, the Snape character is pretty damn brilliant. The lack of Valdermort was surprising though.

Overall I thought it was great to be honest and I still haven't been let down by any of these films. Amazing to see how far the entire cast have come as well, crazy looking back at the first film and comparing it to this. Cant wait for the next one.

Sorry about that, but seeing as Bill has yet to appear in the movies, it won't be that big of a spoiler. I'd assume he'll have to be written in, as he serves a purpose in Deathly Hallows, even though he wasn't mauled by Greyback in this movie.

Also are they just leaving Scrimgeour and the Ministry out? That'll be a big annoyance for me, the biggest since leaving Winky out of Gobelt of Fire.

Edited by The Cool One

I think they just big of Grenrier(?). When I read the book, he came across like a right badass, and in this film, you could miss him so quickly. The big battle should've taken place. It'd have give the whole situation far more severirty. I just felt they focused on a lot of filler, and missed out on the events that could've given some real impact, you know?

I also couldn't give a shit about Ginny. She got like 50 lines max over the previous 5 movies, and now I'm supposed to suddenly care that about her and Harry getting together? It just felt so sudden and unnatural, it also didn't help that the actress playing Ginny has the ability of a plank.

It was a similar problem in the book, it was too sudden. Oh look Ginny calls Fleur, Phleghm. Look how funny and awesome she is now. At least in the book though she played more of a role, in the minor parts.

I also couldn't give a shit about Ginny. She got like 50 lines max over the previous 5 movies, and now I'm supposed to suddenly care that about her and Harry getting together? It just felt so sudden and unnatural, it also didn't help that the actress playing Ginny has the ability of a plank.

It was a similar problem in the book, it was too sudden. Oh look Ginny calls Fleur, Phleghm. Look how funny and awesome she is now. At least in the book though she played more of a role, in the minor parts.

I wouldn't call it sudden. They've built it up almost since the start. As I said before, I was always hoping for Harry/Hermione, but they decided it'd be fucking cool to pair her with Ron (although it does make sense I guess). Although personally, I quite like Ginny. I think the actress herself has done a fine job, it's not like she could of done a great deal more when she hasn't been thrown in there a great deal. I'm quite interested to see where it goes from here and I'm quite glad I never read the books to have everything spoiled.

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

I wouldn't call it sudden. They've built it up almost since the start. As I said before, I was always hoping for Harry/Hermione, but they decided it'd be fucking cool to pair her with Ron (although it does make sense I guess). Although personally, I quite like Ginny. I think the actress herself has done a fine job, it's not like she could of done a great deal more when she hasn't been thrown in there a great deal. I'm quite interested to see where it goes from here and I'm quite glad I never read the books to have everything spoiled.

What evidence has there been in the movies? How many lines has Harry actually spoken to Ginny in them, besides greeting her when he goes to the burrow? Even in Chamber of Secrets there's barely any interaction. We've had no reason to care for Ginny until now.