Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

METALMAN

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to see this today. I love how delightfully upper-middle class the wizarding world is. :shifty:

Hermoine is a cunt...so Ron gets some tit from a fit girl...so you just stop talking to him and act like a complete bitch. I'd batter her about.

Ginny Weasley has the acting ability of rotting driftwood. The "Harry who?"..."Harry Potter of course" bit caused me to break into hysterics.

...yeah...it was alright.

Ginny Weasley has the acting ability of rotting driftwood. The "Harry who?"..."Harry Potter of course" bit caused me to break into hysterics.

...yeah...it was alright.

Finally, someone who agrees with me. She is a tertible actress.

Agreed one billion percent about Ginny being far too plain jane and dull to be a sex interest for Harry.

Thought Horace Slughorn stole every scene he was in.

Wasn't ever interested in Harry Potter before this film, went with a girl who wanted to go see it. Still not interested in it.

Harry seemed amazingly impotent through the entire film; he's a wizard, and not just that- but the 'chosen one', and yet he seemed utterly useless throughout the film whenever he fought anyone.

He couldn't be invisible properly when he was on the train.

He couldn't stop that house being burnt down.

Every spell he attempted was blocked (if that's how it works?) because EVERYONE WAS BETTER THAN HIM.

He couldn't even stop the masses of dead water goons that looked as strong as a sparrows kneecap. When you need to be saved by an old dying man when under siege from what can be best described as Putties from Power Rangers, you don't come across as all that special to me.

Watching this film, I didn't buy Harry Potter as the hero of the film. It's far too much like LOTR, and he's Frodo.

Don't know how this all fits in with the books, but it sure felt like 2 1/2 hours of childish kiss chase, with very little happening of any importance.

Although I will be the first to admit, I have very little knowledge of Harry Potter. Quidditch looks like fun though. I want a go.

Harry seemed amazingly impotent through the entire film; he's a wizard, and not just that- but the 'chosen one', and yet he seemed utterly useless throughout the film whenever he fought anyone.

He couldn't be invisible properly when he was on the train.

He couldn't stop that house being burnt down.

Every spell he attempted was blocked (if that's how it works?) because EVERYONE WAS BETTER THAN HIM.

He couldn't even stop the masses of dead water goons that looked as strong as a sparrows kneecap. When you need to be saved by an old dying man when under siege from what can be best described as Putties from Power Rangers, you don't come across as all that special to me.

Watching this film, I didn't buy Harry Potter as the hero of the film. It's far too much like LOTR, and he's Frodo.

It's kind of the point, that he's not that special. He's the 'chosen one' but that doesn't make him super wizard and most of the time the only thing that saves him against Voldermort is their bond. He beat Malfoy in the Duel and the other people he threw spells at were teachers and Death Eaters who would obviously be better than him. As explained in the book, the only way to take down Inferi ('dead water goons') is with fire, something Harry did in the book because Dumbledore explained them to him on the way over, but couldn't be done in the movie for dramatic effect, i.e ruin the shock of them appearing.

So I watched this, and I liked it. Nothing really happens until the end, but thats more in fault with the book then anything else. I actually enjoyed all the romantic themes in the film and the book, it was a nice breather before the epic events that take place in the 7th book and final two films. They still have a lot to explain though especially for Snape in order to actually 'get' what happens in the seventh book. One thing I did enjoy was slughorn, he was amazing, and the trio have really come a long way from their awkwardness in the first two films. The trio have never been better in the acting department.

It is now established...Emma Watson was fit in the 3rd film...so...she'd have been about 13/14....OOOOUCH!! :shifty: Actually, to be fair, that's probably about right. :shifty:

Edited by YI

hahaha last night the barman spent the whole time bitching to us about how shit the new Harry Potter film was. legend :wub:

Although what I have noticed about the Harry Potter film is that it is only people that have read the book that tend to like it. Seems that in order to enjoy the film you must already know the story. >_>

Not really. I havent even read the cover to any Harry Potter book and I've enjoyed all the films, with Halfblood Prince being the only letdown but still entertaining. I would have figured it'd be diehard Potter book fans that would be the ones bitching about the movies more than the ones that would enjoy them more.

Ginny is hot and all of you know it. Are we still arguing that? But seriously, majorly cute.

Either way, I missed reading the last two books but I enjoyed the movie. I came back and started to read the Half-Blood Prince and yeah, it's quite a bit different from the books even jus from the first few chapters that I have read.. I remember the other books following much closer. I'll wait for the director's cut version that'll come out on DVD though, perhaps it'll be comprehensive in some of the missing scenes. But some of them were done in such a way that they cancel out what would've happened... hmm.

What was the point of building up the Death Eaters getting into the castle so much..?

All they did was get in, watch Dumbledore die, and then run away. There was no battle, so that was a bit disappointing..

Oh yeah, all they did was trash the place and kill the on wizard that Voldemort feared. But other than that, totally useless trip.

What was the point of building up the Death Eaters getting into the castle so much..?

All they did was get in, watch Dumbledore die, and then run away. There was no battle, so that was a bit disappointing..

Oh yeah, all they did was trash the place and kill the on wizard that Voldemort feared. But other than that, totally useless trip.

It was Snape who killed Dumbledore and he was already in the castle. The Unbreakable Vow meant it had to be either Malfoy or Snape, so the others weren't really needed.

Although what I have noticed about the Harry Potter film is that it is only people that have read the book that tend to like it. Seems that in order to enjoy the film you must already know the story. >_>

I thought it was the other way around-those who've read it don't like the films because they already know the story and they always leave out pointa which people whove read the books feel are important to the story.