The video games coveting thread

CSAMH since you are in Japan can't you do what they do in Asia and just get a 360 and mod it?(since you can't mod PS3's)to play pirated games on it? that way games only cost up to like 5 dollars I think it is?. It's the way I do it here, that way I can buy whatever game I want :D

Curious for the new Need for Speed: Shift too just because it's beautiful. Just saw the trailer for it on Play too, think I came. :shifty: Jeremy Clarkson definately did.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/...ft/Product.html

Love the wavy smoke/spark line deities too.

Edited by TheModernWay

CSAMH since you are in Japan can't you do what they do in Asia and just get a 360 and mod it?(since you can't mod PS3's)to play pirated games on it? that way games only cost up to like 5 dollars I think it is?. It's the way I do it here, that way I can buy whatever game I want :D

Quoting this so it is never edited. Lolillegal.

Anyway...

Must-haves:

NHL 10

Dead Rising 2

Scribblenauts (despite the lack of DS at the moment)

Probably gets:

Batman: Arkham Asylum, though it may very well just end up being a rental depending upon its length.

Mass Effect 2

Mafia II

Left 4 Dead 2

We'll see about the new Fallout, Marvel: UA2, the new Spliter Cell, and a few others. I'll need to play a demo or some shit. Ultimate Alliance I honestly can't see as more than a rental. As for Modern Warfare 2, I know it'll be amazing, but FPS games aren't my thing and I don't care about their online multiplayer at all. Maybe if I had friends over more often, I'd consider it for local multiplayer.

I'm a simple man, really.

Edited by Woo Woo Will!

10. No referring people to places where they can download illegal material. You can discuss things like peer-to-peer programs, but referring people to illegal material (such as mp3s, ROMs, or program cracks) will most likely get you banned.

I had to look at a release calendar because I couldn't remember what was coming out this year or next year.

Boiling:

NHL 10

Madden 10

Ballad of Gay Tony

Assassins Creed 2

Bad Company 2 (it's listed as 2009 on gamestop but who knows)

Lukewarm:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Brutal Legend

NBA live/2k10 (whichever is better)

Splinter Cell Conviction (At least a rental)

Curious for the new Need for Speed: Shift too just because it's beautiful. Just saw the trailer for it on Play too, think I came. :shifty: Jeremy Clarkson definately did.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/...ft/Product.html

Love the wavy smoke/spark line deities too.

I haven't seen or read much on it, but the graphics were diabolical on the last one. There were times when you'd be driving and the screen would freeze for, sometimes, up to five seconds before the scenery loaded ahead of you. Two of the times that happened (out of like 386) I was first in a race and it automatically put me back into 8th place. :/

So yeah, unless there's new guys working on the graphical/frame aspect of the new game, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I've just been informed that Hearts of Iron III is being released on August 7th, which is about a month earlier than I thought it would be.

So hooray, I guess I'll be spending much of the coming month conquering and/or liberating Europe then. :shifty:

Xbox 360:

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Borderlands

Brink

Fallout: New Vegas

Final Fantasy XIII

I Am Alive

Mass Effect 2

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010

Resonance Of Fate

Rock Band: The Beatles

Venetica

XBLA:

Butterfly Garden

Dreamfall: Chapters

Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta

Perfect Dark

Zeno Clash 1/2

Wii:

Fragile: Farewell Ruins Of The Moon

The Legend Of Zelda Wii

Metroid: Other M

Monado: Beginning Of The World

Monster Hunter 3 (tri-)

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Sin And Punishment 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

WiiWare:

Cave Story

PC:

American McGee's Alice 2 (could be coming to the 360?)

Football Manager 2010

Syberia 3

Edited by Spee

I'll do this for stuff that will see a release this year (no room for you DR2!).

Modern Warfare 2 is the main one. ODST, FIFA 10 and Scribblenauts are also there but to lesser extents.

Then I have a few that I am interested in and may pick up like Shadow Complex, MUA2, Borderlands and L4D2.

I suppose technically Fallout 3 GotY and Tales From Liberty City are also on my list but I wont pick them up until they become much cheaper.