EWB Play-Along: Pokémon FireRed

probablyoliver

post-2826-125122518863.png

So yeah, I have one more spot in my team. Who gets it? Who knows.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to evolve Bulbasaur or Geodude yet. I quite like how they are. But yeah, who should fill the final spot?

Also, XX, I'm using VBA, and I have to save through the emulator, not through the game, which sucks because I want to get past the final four dammit. :( I wanna do all the special stuff in FireRed. :(

Okay, so I just got through with Giovanni to earn my eighth and final badge. I skipped out Seafoam Islands so I'll be headed back there to pick up Articuno before I make my way to face the Pokemon League. Seeing as I've caught 84 Pokemon, I won't bother listing what's in the PC, but here is my...

Current Team

Hitmonlee (Level 48)

Blastoise (Level 48)

Venusaur (Level 49)

Zapdos (Level 50)

Moltres (Level 50)

Just got through whipping the Elite Four and now had my PokeDex updated by Professor Oak. Does this mean I have to catch more than just the original 150? I'm never going to complete my PokeDex! The 93 Pokemon I have stored in the PC are a waste of time then? Fucker...

Current Team

Zapdos (Level 55)

Hitmonlee (Level 48)

Venusaur (Level 57)

Moltres (Level 52)

Articuno (Level 50)

Blastoise (Level 52)

Just got through whipping the Elite Four and now had my PokeDex updated by Professor Oak. Does this mean I have to catch more than just the original 150? I'm never going to complete my PokeDex! The 93 Pokemon I have stored in the PC are a waste of time then? Fucker...

Current Team

Zapdos (Level 55)

Hitmonlee (Level 48)

Venusaur (Level 57)

Moltres (Level 52)

Articuno (Level 50)

Blastoise (Level 52)

On the islands you can visit once you beat the Elite Four, you can catch some Pokemon from the later games. Only like 3-4 of them, but still. I'd imagine that's why it updates it. Though anyone that actually goes out and trades the additional like 150 pokemon needed into the game just to complete the Pokedex is more than a little bit lonely by my estimation >_>

Current Team

Zapdos (Level 55)

Hitmonlee (Level 48)

Venusaur (Level 57)

Moltres (Level 52)

Articuno (Level 50)

Blastoise (Level 52)

On the islands you can visit once you beat the Elite Four, you can catch some Pokemon from the later games. Only like 3-4 of them, but still. I'd imagine that's why it updates it. Though anyone that actually goes out and trades the additional like 150 pokemon needed into the game just to complete the Pokedex is more than a little bit lonely by my estimation >_>

Three or four?

Off the top of my head there's Misdreavus, Swinub, Wooper, Marill, Hoppip, Smeargle, Murkrow, Larvitar, Wobbuffet, Togepi, Heracross, and probably a few more.

Yes, those two as well.

According to Serebii.net, you can find Sentret, Ledyba, Spinarak, Togepi, Natu, Marill, Hoppip, Yanma, Wooper, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Unown, Wobbuffet, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Heracross, Scizor, Slugma, Swinub, Remoraid, Delibird, Mantine, Skarmory, Phanpy and Larvitar, and their associated evolutions. Some of those are unique to either Fire Red or Leaf Green, but I'd say that's a bit more than just three or four of them, eh TKz? >_>

Beat Koga, His Muk ran though my entire lineup before Kadabra was brought out to run through the rest of his line up to win it.

Pikachu (lv26)

Hitmanchan (lv40)

Kadabra (lv43)

Blastoise (lv42)

Growlithe (lv31)

Snorlax (lv32)

Hey. Shut up. >_>

EDIT: And apart from Marill those all suck anyway. >_>

I could make a case for several of those not sucking, but I'm going to point out the most glaring: you're saying, with a straight face, that fucking Tyranitar sucks?

Shit man.

It's 4x weak to fighting right?

Still takes a lot to OHKO it with a Fighting move. Furthermore, no sane person would ever switch a Tyranitar into a Fighting type, so you're basically relying on getting a Fighting type in without getting axed. The only way that's going to happen is with a sacrifice, and that means Tyranitar's already KOed one of your Pokemon. If you for whatever reason decide to switch a Fighting type in first, either it eats a high powered move or Tyranitar Dragon Dances, then the Fighting type gets axed and you've got a +1 Atk +1 Spd Tyranitar to take down. Good luck with that.

Also did I forget to mention Sand Stream, that creates an eternal Sandstorm up on Tyranitar's entry into the field?