EWB Play-Along: Pokémon FireRed

probablyoliver

So, I got a bit behind with this, but I'm just about to go on the S.S Anne. Squad is level 20 and is:

- Pikachu

- Charmeleon

- Mankey

- Fearow

Got Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Ekans and Paras in reserve on the PC, but I'm not really sure what to use now. I clearly need a Water-type at some point. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions on the extra space? Maybe a Psychic, but I think Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam is really your choice in FR/LG isn't it?

For a water type, I went with catching a Magikarp and using the Daycare Service to get him up to level 19 and evolve him into Gyarados, then using the Water Pulse TM on him. It's especially quick to do if you're using an emulator. Either that or Vapeoreon.

Edited by TKz

managed to beat the elite 4 at the 2nd attempt. 1st time my pokemon were a bit under levaled but beat them after a bit more training and im now starting the island quests.

My Team

Raichu lvl 55

Butterfree lvl 54

Charizard lvl 54

Victreebel lvl 54

Starmie lvl 54

Dugtrio lvl 53

Ok, I'll level with you guys. I cheated. I used a strategy guide to remember what drink to give the guard blocking the way to Saffron, since they changed it from the "just give him a lemonade" thing from Red/Blue/Yellow to "YOU HAVES TO GET HIM SOME TEA, EVEN THOUGH OTHER DRINKS WOULD SURELY DO." So I did that. I am not pleased with myself at all. Also, not knowing this led me to going after Cinnabar's badge, which I got. And since I'm lazy, here's fun pictures!

pkmn1.jpg

I even gave it my kayfabe name for all of you.

And the team!

pkmn2.jpg

:D

Restarted a while ago with Leaf Green, choosing Charmander as my starter. I only have the Viridian Gym left before heading off to the E4, but I need to do some serious leveling before that. Primary focus has been on getting as many pokemons as possible. And I don't cheat and trade with myself as some other guys might do <_<

tYaOGJIZU.jpg

TyoufhbgO.jpg

Decided to give this a go, haven't played Pokemon in forever.

Just beat Misty, I kinda cheated though because I fought her originally and got destroyed, but I was in the Diglett Cave levelling up and managed to catch a Lv.31 Dugtrio, who wiped the floor with Staryu and Starmie. Still, who cares. I got the badge.

Current team is below. I'm gonna take Bellsprout out and stick Magikarp in the daycare centre to get a Gyarados.

post-89-125026198223.png

Am I the only one who always levelled Magikarp the proper way? :shifty:

...With Splash? >_>

By having him come out first and then switching him out once the battle starts to your superman pokemon.

I did the same thing with Kakuna.

[Edit] Damn you Stoke :)

With Kakuna, Slogger? You mean you didn't just catch a Weedle and evolve him, so that you could still take things out with Poison Sting?

Also, you know what's almost as bad as the Daycare Centre? Rare Candys. Fuck them.

Decided to start this and to do things different. I am not going to use pokemon I almost always use. So no using the starter pokemon, Butterfree, Geodude or Pidgey. Right now I have 2 Rattatas, a Mankey, and Spearow. Just traing to battle rival a 2nd time.

With Kakuna, Slogger? You mean you didn't just catch a Weedle and evolve him, so that you could still take things out with Poison Sting?

Also, you know what's almost as bad as the Daycare Centre? Rare Candys. Fuck them.

I saw a Kakuna in the Forrest, Looked up what he evolved into and caught him, It didn't occur to me that I could use Weedle to give Kakuna poison sting.

I was going through this mega fast and then I hit Cerulean City Gym and Misty! Bloody Bitch beat me so many times but I have just defeated her and am all happy :)

My Team is :

Charmeleon - 26

Pikachu - 20

Pidgeotto - 19

Mankey - 17

Magikarp - 15

I'm raising Magikarp the old fashioned way but it's bloody irritating!

I hate when I know there's a pokemon somewhere, but I can't encounter it. I'm out of the rock tunnel, but I have to go back to find a Machop.

Also, my memory of the game is bad, and I'm not looking anything up, but I certainly hope that was the last time I need Flash, because my Paras that I gave it to just evolved, and I have no intention of using him again.

I figured out the timing on one of the slot machines. Suddenly, before acquiring my Fourth badge, the game feels busted wide open :D I now have access to all the best moves whenever I like ^_^

My Party (not much levelling done, too busy running the gambles):

Lv 21 Vulpix

Lv 24 Dratini (with over 5000 coins still in my bag)

Lv 30 Primeape

Lv 31 Mr. Mime

Lv 31 Ivysaur

Lv 31 Nidoking