Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

So I am trying to re-structure the North American soccer pyramid and I am just curious to know if there is anyway I can add more teams to the Canadian Championship. Thanks for any help.

You have to completely re do the league if you want to add more teams to it (unless it is already a user created league, in which case you just change the maximum number of teams using the editor.)

It's nice that I'm finally getting into this after having it for like three months and basically doing fuck all.

Although that's not entirely the game's fault I suppose. My computer did break for like a month. I think also it's because my gaming tastes have changed. When I play games - pretty rarely these days - they tend to be games like Rock Band where you can jump into action straightaway, rather than games like Football Manager 2010 that take a bit longer to set up. Yet, I still bought it. Just because I always had.

Finally I'm glad I did. Got a nice game as tottenham going. Sold some Dos Santos guy I'd never heard of who looked shit to Barcelona for £20,000,000 and used that money to strengthen the squad all round. I'm doing alright so far. Haven't lost a game yet. But I've only actually won one. Defoe is awful for me. Crouch isn't much better. Keane and Pavlyunchenfdghjbdjsgbhchenko have made the striker spots their own. With Tom Huddlestone being my chief playmaker. >_>

So January came and Sevilla (now managed by Wenger) bid 17m for Clichy. He's one of the best left backs in the game but he's only contributed 1 goal and 1 assist so far, and though he's been solid defensively, it's not worth refusing that amount for. So off he went on his merry way. Sagna got pissed, I told him to shut up, he requested a transfer, I denied. Prick.

Armand Traore came back from loan so I started playing him at left back. After losing no games in 19, I've now lost 4 in 32 and I'm in 4th, like 4 points away from 3rd, but luckily I'm 6 away from 5th with a game in hand. I sold Rosicky too, only for 2.6m to Man City but his contract was up at the end of the season and he wasn't getting in the team.

Nasri came back from injury and he's pushed Arshavin out of the side, though Arshavin hasn't even been playing particularly badly. Eduardo is shit and Bendtner is a much better second-choice to Van Persie, 11 or 12 goals in about the same amount of starts I do believe. I'll probably offload Eddy in the summer and bring Vela through.

Walcott is immense on the right and Fabregas is thriving in the arriving late CM role, grabbing himself a fair few assists and about 10 goals. Denilson and Diaby have chipped in as well when playing alongside him, Diaby being good at suddenly appearing in the box and managing to score like he does in real life. It's hard slotting Wilshere in since I seem to play best with an inside forward on the left and a winger on the right. Best manipulation of the space that way, and it doesn't leave Fabregas too stranded. Wilshere is left footed and fucks things up.

Out of the FA Cup because they decided to schedule the 6th Round on the same day as an international break, the cunts. Fancied my chances of winning that as well, but instead I'm punished for having so many players of an international level :@

So at the moment this is my team:

GK: Almunia/Fabianski (I'll probably sell Fabianksi in the summer)

DR: Sagna/Eboue

DL: Traore/Gibbs

DC: Gallas/Senderos (Senderos is going on a free)

DC: Vermaelen/Silvestre (Silvestre is going on a free)

DM: Song/Denilson/Eboue

CM: Denilson/Diaby/Ramsey

CM: Fabregas/Ramsey

AMR: Walcott/Arshavin/Van Persie

AML: Nasri/Arshavin

ST: Van Persie/Bendtner/Eduardo

Djourou has been crippled by his injury so I'll probably offload him in the summer as well. Nordtveit will probably end up 3rd choice with Kryiakos Papadopoulos (1M) 4th choice, though I don't like rotating at the back and Gallas and Vermaelen are good at staying fit. Mannone will come in as sub keeper though he'll hardly play - Almunia is strangely immense on this game, kept 17 clean sheets in his first 19 games or something absurd like that. Eduardo will have to go purely for the progression of Vela. 16.75m profit on Clichy so I'm not too worried what I sell Eddy for. Then I have Wilshere, Lansbury, Randall, Merida and Assulin to accommodate as well. May try to sell a couple of those.

All in all I'm really enjoying this game, the only infuriating part is how I get 12 shots on target a game and poke them straight at the keeper when it's easier to score most of the time. I get something stupid like 6 clear cut chances a game and usually only bury one of them.

I have this thing where I buy the pc version on odd years and the psp version on even years, figuring skipping one year on each system will give me more time with the previous game and when I do buy the next one on that system, it'll be much improved.

So with that in mind, how much better is FM 2010 on the psp, compared to 2008??

Oh. That's not my luck at all. Bendter and Van Persie have 20 goals each, Eduardo's at about 6 I think, and everybody else combined has maybe 8.

Bendtner's a goal machine for me, but I think Van Persie only got about 10 last season. Walcott was my top scorer from right wing with 18 goals. He got something like 12 assists too! His pace is absolutely ridiculous. I think Fabregas had about 9, Diaby had 6, Denilson must have got about 7. Nasri got 10... I think Arshavin got 9. I was considering changing to a 4-4-2 but we don't have any out and out wingers and I'd have to drop Van Persie if I did that, so I stuck with the 4-3-3/4-5-1. Sold some guys who were never going to make it for me like Merida and Sanchez Watt, sold Eduardo for about 12m too, and let Silvestre and Senderos go on frees.

Bought Sandro for 14.5m because Song was the weakest part of my starting XI. Average rating of 7 in the league which isn't bad, but I have to blame somebody for my team never being able to break up moves. I'm gonna start with Bendtner up front, Van Persie AML, Walcott AMR and see how I get on there. Walcott and Bendtner always seem to link up well.

Back to back Title wins in League 2 and League 1 and finally Notts County are back in the Championship, also throw in winning the JPT both seasons and we are flying (I won't lie the cash from the chairman has made a difference, but not a huge one other than the wages side of it).

About to attack the Championship with my new signings including one Mr. David Beckham, couldn't believe it when he was on a free and willing to discuss personal terms but hey we're the new Man City and Sven must have had a word...

Line-Up for Championship:

GK: Kieran Westwood/Gabor Kiraly

RB: Greg Halford/David Wright

LB: Lee Naylor/David Wright

CB: Craig Cathcart/Jose Goncalves

CB: Danny Shittu/Rui Marques

RW: David Beckham/Chris Taylor

LW: Ben Davies/Stephen Fahey (Irish Regen)

CM: Paul Wotton©/Kasey Wehrman

CM: Tom Soares/Jiri Jarosik

FW: Jason Scotland/Santos

FW: Jermaine Beckford/Karl Hawley

Edited by y2gudge08

Oh. That's not my luck at all. Bendter and Van Persie have 20 goals each, Eduardo's at about 6 I think, and everybody else combined has maybe 8.

Bendtner's a goal machine for me, but I think Van Persie only got about 10 last season. Walcott was my top scorer from right wing with 18 goals. He got something like 12 assists too! His pace is absolutely ridiculous. I think Fabregas had about 9, Diaby had 6, Denilson must have got about 7. Nasri got 10... I think Arshavin got 9. I was considering changing to a 4-4-2 but we don't have any out and out wingers and I'd have to drop Van Persie if I did that, so I stuck with the 4-3-3/4-5-1. Sold some guys who were never going to make it for me like Merida and Sanchez Watt, sold Eduardo for about 12m too, and let Silvestre and Senderos go on frees.

Bought Sandro for 14.5m because Song was the weakest part of my starting XI. Average rating of 7 in the league which isn't bad, but I have to blame somebody for my team never being able to break up moves. I'm gonna start with Bendtner up front, Van Persie AML, Walcott AMR and see how I get on there. Walcott and Bendtner always seem to link up well.

Yah just purchased Sandro for about the same fee. Looks great but we'll see. Speaking of looking great...

35i7sbr.jpg

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Ugh, I really can't seem to break up attacks. It seems like whenever the other team gets an attack, they conspire to miss or they score - I never stop them myself. It seems pretty pointless even playing with a DM when it doesn't do anything.

Sandro looks pretty violent so far. He got straight red-carded in his first friendly for me, and then straight red-carded in his competitive debut against Rennes in a CL playoff match. And I'm finding it hard to keep possession again. And I'm conceding silly goals again. It feels like the start

of last season. I'm still getting a lot of chances from 6 yards and picking the small section of the goal the goalie's stood in to kick it at, which is incredibly frustrating. Lost my first league game 2-1 to Chelsea but played pretty well, then drew 2-2 at Blackburn after going 2-0 up. Already I've conceded one short of the amount of goals I'd conceded after 19 games last season :shifty:

I'll drop Van Persie next game and see if that makes any difference. If we play badly then, I'll stick Van Persie up front and drop Bendtner. The only two players in my team who seem like the clear first choice in their position are Fabregas and Walcott. Nobody else is really encouraging.

Nearing the end of my fourth season on the PSP.

Tottenham managed to break the top four in the third season (Keane scored 27 in 48 games) so we got into the Champions League and now with two league games to go we're in the Champions League semis (1-0 up against Porto after the away leg) and if we win we'll play Barca or Man U in the final.

We're also in the FA Cup final against Middlesbrough and fourth place in the league is between Liverpool, 'Boro and us (if we win our game in hand we'll go equal with 'Boro with two games to play). We have West Ham, West Brom and Wolves to play. Whoop.

As for my singings, Franco di Santo has scored 27 in 54 games this season which is great. Keane has supported well with 13 in 39, Pay 7 from 17. Modric has 12 from midfield.

Kranjcar slipped his disc so he's been out for 6 months out of an 8 month layout so James Milner has been doing good things down the left. Jack Rodwell has joined the back line nicely and has played well.

I've got a young Austrian goalkeeper - Richard Strebinger who has been playing the FA Cup games instead of Gomes (who has been incredible in all four seasons) and although his stats suck he's not conceded in five games and has great average ratings. What a hero. One for the future when Gomes retires.

I have five players coming in during the summer - Theo Walcott from Arsenal (I have to pay £700k compensation to the gooners), Daniele Moretti from Atalanta on a free, Dale Herd from West Brom for £150k, Gary Andrews from Leicester for £725k and Liam Barrett from Bristol City for £2mil. They're all really good youngsters. Herd and Andrews are 16 and Moretti is 17 so a couple of years on loan....Their stats are incredible.

My "Transfer acumen" rating is 19/20 after four seasons, probably because I manage to bring in players like di Santo, Walcott, Joe Cole and di Santo on free transfers.

I've got too many midfielders now though. Next season I will have to choose four from: Walcott, Moretti, Herd, Dempsey, dos Santos, Victor Moses, van der Vaart, Taarabt, Kranjcar, Modric, Cole, Milner, Lennon, Palacios, O'Hara, Huddlestone....

I think Hudd's on his way out.

Taraabt and Corluka goals see us through 3-0 on aggregate against Porto to face Man Utd in the final....In the first year Tottenham have ever competed in the Champions League.

Of course we got lucky in the draw after facing Cluj in the last 16 and Ajax in the quarters....But that's beside the point!

Ahahahahaha brilliant.

Going into the last game of the season Liverpool had bottled the two games before so it stood as:

4. Middlesbrough 59

5. Tottenham 58

6. Liverpool 57

At half time 'Boro were 1-0 up while Liverpool were losing and we were drawing making it:

4. Middlesbrough 62

5. Tottenham 59

6. Liverpool 57

But early in the second half Liverpool scored a quickfire double to make it:

4. Middlesbrough 62

5. Liverpool 60

6. Tottenham 59

But then Robbie Keane converted Milner and Lennon crosses to put us 2-0 up just as Middlesbrough dropped away and could only manage a draw, leaving it:

4. Tottenham 61 (+18)

5. Liverpool 60 (+17)

6. Middlesbough 60 (+14)

Brilliance. Into the Champions League again next season even if we lose the final to Man Utd.

Champions League Final:

0-0 at half time so I bring on Palacios for the ineffective Jamie O'Hara. Immediately after the restart James Milner jinxs away down the left, slotted ball into the box and Palacios drills it home!

Nani equalises five minutes later and Man Utd are on top but we hold out until the end of the 90. First half of extra time and Jermain Defoe who's had a season to forget (5 goals as fourth choice striker) rolls back to the years after coming on as a substitute and beats to men to score past Ben Foster and send the proper half of North London into ecstacy and give Tottenham their first Champions League in history!

...and then on the plane home Rodwell's agent tells me that his client wants a new contract upping his wages from £8k a week to £80k. Le sigh.

FA Cup Final:

We beat Middlesbrough 1-0 in a boring final thanks to Luka Modric. So we've done the FA Cup/Champions League double and finished fourth. Whoo.

We didn't concede a single goal in the FA Cup which can only be good for young goalie Strebinger who played 6 and didn't let one in.

Jonathen Berger, the regen striker I poster earlier is truly truly class. I've never had anything like him in any of the FM's I've played. In 28 combined appearances on the Reserve and U18 squad he has scored 47 goals. At the age of 16.

Got his first first team appearance coming on as a sub during a FA cup match away at Boro. Netted a goal in his limited time to become the youngest player to score for Man City at 16 years and 190 days... :wub::wub:

I wish Robbie Keane was half as good for me as he is for you. thankfully Modric, Van Der Vaart and (especially) Crouch are fantastic.

Crouch has seriously sucked, scoring 4 goals in four seasons for me and now he's retiring at the end of this season aged 32 so I've dropped him down to the reserves to make space as no-one will buy him.

Van der Vaart has great stats but he averages about 6.6 over the few seasons he's had with us, and with my new signings I doubt he'll get more than 15 games this year.

Anybody got any ideas how I can get my successful tackles percentage up? It's usually between 50-65%, which is pretty low for a team aiming for the CL. Would it be down to strength/aggression? Looking at the matches it seemed my team was closing down too much so I set closing down to default and it didn't make much difference. Putting tackling to harder would just seem to get me more bookings as well.

I wish Robbie Keane was half as good for me as he is for you. thankfully Modric, Van Der Vaart and (especially) Crouch are fantastic.

Crouch has seriously sucked, scoring 4 goals in four seasons for me and now he's retiring at the end of this season aged 32 so I've dropped him down to the reserves to make space as no-one will buy him.

Van der Vaart has great stats but he averages about 6.6 over the few seasons he's had with us, and with my new signings I doubt he'll get more than 15 games this year.

Ah. How much did Van der Vaart cost you? I can't afford to buy him right now but I got him on a year's loan for £700,000 which isn't bad.

My basic strategy is to just get Kevin Thomson or Bassong to do dirty tackles, then they fire up to Peter Crouch who heads it to Modric or Van Der Vaart who do skilful stuff. It's working quite well so far. I'm 5th in the league and Crouch is top scorer.