Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

Sports Interactive, the undisputed experts on football management sims, are pleased to announce that Football Manager 2010 and Football Manager Handheld 2010 will be released simultaneously for another action-packed season on 30th October 2009.

Football Manager 2009 is the most successful in the Football Manager series to date, selling in excess of 1 million copies worldwide, as well as being voted the 2nd best video game of all time in a recent Radio 1 poll.

However, developer Sports Interactive has been made aware via the ever faithful Football Manager community that the addition of big new features in the last few releases has come at the expense of attention to existing areas of the game and solving long standing issues.

Which is why they have spent the last year working closely with the community to target not only the areas of the game that needed re-working but also what they could add to improve what’s already there. “We’re very confident that having done that we will deliver the very best Football Manager to date in October,” says Miles Jacobson, studio director at Sports Interactive.

So, why will this be the best FM ever?

* Improved Match Engine – improved AI, over 100 new animations in 3D mode, new stadiums and crowds, improved pitch degradations and better lighting make for the most immersive pitch-side experience ever.

* New User Interface – completely new vibrant look and feel to the game with a light and dark skin to choose from, plus a navigational overhaul. The side menu is replaced by an intuitive tab system which allows you to access all areas of FM 2010 quickly and easily.

* Tactical Overhaul – a new tactics module makes it much easier to make your team play as you want them to. There are thousands of possible pre-set options and touchline “shout” instructions for making instant changes to your teams playing style. Don’t worry; the old system is still there for people who love their sliders.

* Match Analysis – a new tool shows you where shots, passes, crosses, headers, tackles, fouls and interceptions have happened for both sides, so you can work out your, and your opponent’s, strengths and weaknesses.

* New Data Editor – As well as being able to update squads, with the brand new and very easy to use Competition Editor you can now add cups and extra divisions for leagues currently in the game plus completely new competitions.

* News Center – a subscription based newspaper. Get the news about the football world around you that you want, and not the news you don’t want.

* Polish – a year of polish, making the game faster, more immersive, more realistic and easier to play with better in game feedback and more advice, delivered in a more user friendly way.

* Football Manager Handheld 2010 New Features – A brand new skin for the game, improved match engine AI, new unlockable managerial abilities, assistant manager team reports and improved coach and scout reports amongst others.

source: http://static.sega-europe.com/newsletters/fm2010/20090812/en.html

News Centre looks good. I hated the news system for the FM 09 because I missed out on news from leagues that I wasn't playing in.

* New Data Editor – As well as being able to update squads, with the brand new and very easy to use Competition Editor you can now add cups and extra divisions for leagues currently in the game plus completely new competitions.

That sounds awesome. Hopefully you can link them to other leagues, so there'll be updates with the Unibond leagues and stuff.

Those updates look good. I don't have 09 but I'd like to get '10 if I can get a new PC. The data editor changes look cool-I wonder if you'll be able to change the Premier League for instance, say number of teams or whatever, or if not be able to replace it with a newly created league that has similar criteria.

* News Center – a subscription based newspaper. Get the news about the football world around you that you want, and not the news you don’t want.

DING, DING, DING! SOLD!

Hopefully it also means we can delete the fictional competitions SI put in from time to time.

Note to SI - more leagues please. Specifically the remaining inactive European leagues (Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Moldova, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Luxembourg, San Marino and Montenegro), the major African leagues (Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Ghana, Ivory Coast), at least ONE Oceanic league since Australia pissed off to the AFC, and why not throw on the last few South American leagues (Venezuela, Paraguay, Ecuador and Bolivia). And let's throw in Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Canada and Costa Rica for North American challenges. And for Asia, I'd like to see the UAE, Iran, Iraq, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and frickin' Japan! It would feel like a brand new game. And I'm running out of leagues to play in.

The editor sounds good, it would be fun to put in the minor international competitions as well, like the Caribbean Championship. And I'd like to see them put in non-FIFA nations like Kosovo, Monaco, Tibet, Greenland, Kiribati and the Chagos which are all real independent nations that FIFA won't accept for varying reasons. SI already put in Basque as a second nationality for Basque Spanish players. I want to win the VIVA World Cup with Greenland damn it!

I'd also like them to sort out the French dependencies international problem. For example, in real life if someone plays for Guadeloupe, they are allowed to play for France as well. The game doesn't allow that to happen. I think if you play for France, you need to wait five years before being able to represent Guadeloupe/Martinique/New Caledonia/etc, but it should be pretty easy to program in.

Can't really think of anything I'd like to see. Maybe the ability to zoom in more on the TV view screen.

I would just be happy for regens to be fixed.

Aye. Too many regens with only right or left foot only, very low bravery and aggression, and keepers with rubbish mental stats (and most stats in general).

Looks very... clean from the screenshots. The shouting tactics from the touchline thing adds a bit of realism and will probably save time as well. I'd rather they improved the transfers though, since they're still out of control for the most part.

It'd be amusing to see someone (without the team of researchers) trying to put together the players' stats for Bristol Downs Division 4.

"Hmm, shall I give him a finishing score of 3? Whoa now! Let's not go crazy!" :shifty:

There is no way in hell I'm going to be buying this on day 1, as with absolutely every other incarnation of FM it will be lacking one huge thing that will be addressed in the November/December update ¬_¬

Besides, I'm sure someone will have created a database update for 09 that'll keep me going until there's a Steam deal.

There is no way in hell I'm going to be buying this on day 1, as with absolutely every other incarnation of FM it will be lacking one huge thing that will be addressed in the November/December update ¬_¬

Besides, I'm sure someone will have created a database update for 09 that'll keep me going until there's a Steam deal.

Actually im the opposite. I WILL buy this on day 1 because being there from the start and going through the buss in the initial release is kinda fun sometimes.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

EA Sports, Empee? :P

EA's at least able to successfully hype the shit out of the limited new features they do offer. SI's not even trying, they just know people will buy it because ZOMG NEW FM.