Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

I've not actually played the game yet but I have been playing with the editor. Which is something I've hardly done on any other FM, just to see how things work like I said in the previous post I edited the US and put in the Canadian (sortof) just for a tester.

Playing as Boro, I'm leaking goals like crazy. At home to Blackpool I was 3-1 up, ended up losing 4-3 by conceding three (!) penalties in the second half. Next game at home to Cardiff, I'm 3-0 up after 30 mins, full time score 3-3. Driving me mad!

"We haven't held a meeting since ...."

Holds useless meeting. Week later...

"We haven't held a meeting since..."

Yeah it's getting a bit annoying, especially because their information usually sucks. "So and so deserves a contract, I think you should offer one", no he doesn't, your colleagues give him half a star and say he'll never be good enough to play for Barcelona, piss off. "Ibrahimovic is your best thrower. I suggest making him the standard ball thrower (or whatever)", yes, good plan Alejandro, let's make our biggest player on the pitch do all the throw-ins, even on our own half, splendid idea. "Fausto Rossi is a future star, I suggest we buy him", funny you say this Bojan, because I already scouted him a while ago and one of your buds said he'll never be at Barca's level, oh irony :pervert:.

Won my first match 3-2 against Hamilton. I am good at this game. :)

Out of all the new things I'm most impressed with the new 3D match engine. It's a lot more fluid and it's nice not to be playing in empty stadiums now. Seems to be lots of penalties though.

Press conferences are still a bit shit though having them for transfers is a nice idea. Still stupid that it gives me the option of saying that I don't think my new player will do well at the club. Why?

News centre is alright but not as good as I was hoping for. Still better than year's horrendous news system.

Backroom advice is cool and shows lots of potential for future games.

New tactics system is good because I really don't have the patience to fiddle about with sliders for hours.

Still haven't checked the new data editor. I'd quite like to introduce relegation from Scottish Division 3 if that is possible. Maybe even get to play as Auchinleck talbot! :D

Apart from that it's much the same as last year - but hopefully it's lost the less noticeable niggles of last year - rubbish regens; messed up reputation; so many others.. Definitely worth my £20 though.

Does Steam work similar to eLicense, or buying stuff from the PSN store? If my laptop breaks, for example, could I access it under my account on a different computer?

FM would be linked to your Steam account, so you can play it on any computer you like that has Steam on it (you'll have to download the FM files on the new machine obviously). Not sure how save games work, presumably you'd have to transfer them across machines somehow, I don't think they're stored centrally anywhere.