Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

The running problems people have with PC games is why I rarely buy (or play) them.

I've been wanting an FM game for PS3 for ages, but it's not gonna happen. They've categorically confirmed as much. But there's something about playing on a console that feels 'safer', knowing you can have a game going for years and not run into unexplained "sorry, this save no longer works" or "because of problem dfsifjx23, FM has to close" during an important cup game.

I last bought FM in 2008. Didn't bother with 2009 after seeing all of the code input issues on release. There was a chance I'd get 2010, but now that I've read problems people have been having on here and elsewhere, I've reconsidered.

I may buy a PSP 2000 from play.com though for £87 and just buy FM 2010 for that. >_>

I installed it, reinstalled it almost 25 times, got a replacement repeated said process and still the data folder wouldn't install, despite my PC matching the specifications, so I returned it and got my money back and then out of curiosty I got a loan of a pirated copy and it worked perfectly. I have no clue what grudge the official copy has with me.

Who the fuck is Steve Gatting and why does he want to be a coach at every club in the world?

Stephen Paul Gatting (born 29 May 1959 in Willesden, London) is an English former footballer, who is best known for playing for Brighton & Hove Albion in the 1983 FA Cup Final. He is currently a youth team coach at Arsenal. His brother is the former England cricketer Mike Gatting, and his son Joe Gatting is currently a cricketer for Sussex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Gatting

Just started third season. Chairman wants better this season than last which was 6th. So I splashed the £14mil and signed Rafael Van der Vaart from Real Madrid. He's still only 28 and my scouts said he wouldn't come....but he did! Hawhawhaw.

We lost our first game before I signed him, away at Sunderland and then beat Villa 3-2 at home in his first game - in which Robbie Keane got our first hattrick since I started! Van der Vaart has started the goalscoring revolution! Bad news for Kranjcar, Cole and Dempsey though.

Finally won another game against St. Mirren away from home after going out of the League Cup to fucking Raith Rovers via shootout. I didn't realise it went to extra time and used all my subs to try and win the game in 90 minutes, only to see it going to extra time and my left midfielder almost dying from exhaustion on the pitch come the end.

I'm fucking about with the editor. I'm currently entertaining the idea of removing Portsmouth and creating a new team in their place in some sort of MK Dons/Wimbeldon scenario. At the moment thinking up names for this new team, which I shall probably base in Portsmouth and I'm currently toying with the idea of the name Portsmouth Warriors :shifty:

I'm fucking about with the editor. I'm currently entertaining the idea of removing Portsmouth and creating a new team in their place in some sort of MK Dons/Wimbeldon scenario. At the moment thinking up names for this new team, which I shall probably base in Portsmouth and I'm currently toying with the idea of the name Portsmouth Warriors :shifty:

FC Portsmouth of Portsmouth.

I got bored of Chelsea. I have decided to take on Notts County.

So far I have brought in Olivier Bernard on a free. He hasn't played in over a year. I've also brought in Ciaran Clark from Villa on loan, and am battling it out with a few teams for Ivan Campo. Looks like I will also snap up Godwin Antwi.

Fun.

We actually beat Werder Bremen 3-2 in pre-season. :D

Edited by ONO