Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

Well yeah, still averaging about 0.7 goals a game in the Prem and yet I'm seventh again with something like 14 goals in 20 games. It's ridiculous. I even try playing stupid formations with loads up front and it'll still finish 0-0.

Bought an Italian striker - Pozzi - and he's pretty classy. Also thankfully Pav has hit decent form and Keane's hitting a few. Defoe sucks though. We're scoring ok in the FA and UEFA Cups but not in the Prem.

Came top of our UEFA group and beat Rapid Vienna in the final game so that Jerusalem snuck through - doing one for our Yid brothers....And got rewarded with a second round game against Haifa - the other Israeli team :pervert: Thankfully we performed well in the group - four wins and draws away at Vienna and Metalurgs. 14 points, Jerusalem got 6.

Man Utd wanted Modric for £20mil.... Sevilla wanted Woodgate for £4.5mil after he got player of the month (with Dawson runnre up) but for some reason the game announced it as "Michael Dawson was unlucky to only finish runner up in player of the month in the Premier League. Jonathan Woodgate was the winner". Was that written by Zaz?

So basically, my squad is beyond brilliant, but haven't scored more than 2 in any of my 30 games this season.

Anyone else finding this game ridiculously hard? I am managing Chelsea, just to see what it is like and I actually hate it so far. Between stupid draws to lower teams, and late match winning goals. :rolleyes:

Thank god, I thought it was just me. Playing as Hearts and I've played 2 league games (Dundee United and Rangers) and 2 Europa League qualifiers (home/away against Galatasaray), conceded 12, scored 1. And that was in the final minute of the second leg against Galatasaray so it was useless! I've tinkered with the tactics, played 5 in midfield to beef it up a bit but still nothing. Maybe I've just inherited a terrible team. :P

Hmmm, it is definitely down to your tactics and the type of players you have. I'm into my 3rd season now, and after altering my tactics and bringing in players to play in those positions, we are sitting top with 8 wins from 8.

I'll probably go and fuck it all up now. :@

It could be the fact you have inherited a crap team, but Chelsea had a good team and we were drawing nearly every game. It has actually taken me to the 3rd season to get it right. :shifty:

Edited by ONO

I had a couple of high scoring games in the first season (4-1 being my biggest win) but this second season has just been dreadful for goals although I'm 7th and with 7 games to go there are 5 points separating 3rd-7th so.....

With the PSP you CAN have the graphical highlights but they're not frequent enough and generally lead to no goal. So I went back to just commentary but there still aren't enough highlights per game really....Either that or my lineup of Keane, Pavlychenko, Joe Cole, Kranjcar, Modric and Palacios wasn't made to score goals... <_<

Defoe has 0 in 15 this season......

I have started a Notts County file much like a lot of people and so far even with the cash it's still a struggle (unless you're playing Port Vale, over two games I won 5-1 and 4-0 even though I rested several players and was on a bad run at the time) as players will come to you but it's the wages that are the hump. I've signed Rui Marques, Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe and Paul Wotton (now club captain and fuckin' amazing) for about £100k in total so I haven't gone mental, I'm more of a Ian McParland kinda manager signing players that would settle better in League 2, and now closing in on the January window of the first season sitting in 4th with a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket! Who to sign I wonder?!

So I managed a 1-0 win against St. Johnstone (they missed a last minute penalty) and a 1-1 draw against Kilmarnock only to be squashed 6-0 by Celtic (who had 3 disallowed goals as well) after my captain was sent off after 27 SECONDS. Needless to say the fans weren't too happy.

Brought in a few loan signings, I got James Collins from Aston Villa! (...the 18 year old reserve team striker, not the famous one :P), some midfielder from Man U and a defender from Hull. Had to sell two players to get enough for the loan fees and the wages though.

I have started a Notts County file much like a lot of people and so far even with the cash it's still a struggle (unless you're playing Port Vale, over two games I won 5-1 and 4-0 even though I rested several players and was on a bad run at the time) as players will come to you but it's the wages that are the hump. I've signed Rui Marques, Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe and Paul Wotton (now club captain and fuckin' amazing) for about £100k in total so I haven't gone mental, I'm more of a Ian McParland kinda manager signing players that would settle better in League 2, and now closing in on the January window of the first season sitting in 4th with a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket! Who to sign I wonder?!

You may have missed out now but my team at the start of the first season included Joe Lewis, Bostock (spurs kid), Seb Blanco (best signing on any game of mine ever, such a quality youngster), Bojan djordvic (used to play for man u), franny jeffers and neil mellor (latter two cost 95k each, and well got 30 goals each). I think the only ones out of them that cost over a million were Bostock and Blanco, but both come good, and very quickly.

So the second season is over. We got knocked out of the UEFA cup by Marseilles who went on to win it.

In the league we scored 32 goals in the 38 which is hilarious, even better that we finished sixth.

We were seventh going into the last game - home to Reading. Fulham were two points ahead but home to Man Utd who beat them 2-0. We got a defender sent off after 15 minutes and it was 0-0 until the 80th when Robbie Keane, who had been playing a Beckham vs Greece style game of doing everything himself took it past four men and hammered it into the bottom corner of the net for the winner which lifted us into Europe...And kept me in a job.

I'm having a fan-dabi-dozi game so far. I have tons of nations added with playable leagues (Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Australia lower leagues, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cyprus, DR Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, England lower non-league, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Nigeria, Paraguay, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Scotland non-league, Syria, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, UAE, USA lower leagues, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam and Wales lower leagues) and got the job at Toronto Croatia (Canadian league). Won every game so far (NINE), 18 goals for, 6 against.

Also got the job as Cook Islands manager, which should be interesting. They have an active league in my game, so I should hopefully have a good selection. They already have a tons of players in the game because I chose to load ALL players. :D

Just signed Rene Adler on a free transfer. He's 27 and the second best goalkeeper in the world, plus the best at the European Championship this year.

I also paid big money for Criscito so goodbye Ashley Cole, and I managed to bring Arshavin back to England on a loan at 2.7m, from Real Madrid.

I think that will do me for this season. The squad seems good enough. Lampard is 34 and is becoming inconsistent but I should think he can last 1 more season.

Edited by ONO

So I take back my copy of this and exchanged it for Modern Warfare 2, then my friend makes an illegal copy for me and it installs and runs perfectly. I think there's a lesson in there somewhere, not quite sure what it is though! :P

The lesson is that developers don't protect their games well enough. I bought Borderlands; 4 days before the release you could already download it and it works perfectly, EVEN multiplayer! So needless to say, I was pretty pissed off about that.

Also, Lampard is a beast in this game.