Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

Cheers for the tips guys. I already have Dzeko, I'll look at the other stikers. For midfield I went with Gourcuff, though I could be in the market for more....

Cheers for the tips guys. I already have Dzeko, I'll look at the other stikers. For midfield I went with Gourcuff, though I could be in the market for more....

What kind of midfielder? Attacking midfielder again, or central?

As mentioned by Age Of The Lariat, Dzagoev for an attacking midfielder, I used to always sign him. As said though, his time to settle in can be a downside.

For central midfielder, Hernanes (if he hasn't already moved) or Hamsik. (Y)

I finally began a game. I had problems before the first patch, the game would crash every two games. Started a game, got a job at some club in Dubai but got bored and never got past pre-season. The second patch has come out, so I've started another new game.

Previously I added pretty much every major league in the game, but this time I trimmed it down to only have ALL the in-game leagues, ALL European leagues active, and all countries which speak English (Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Guam, New Zealand, Cayman Islands, Nigeria, etc, etc).

Got the job at Canterbury United in New Zealand. It's a basic league, 8 teams, 14 games a season. A lot of friendlies. Hoping to win the O-League (Oceania Champions League). It's quite a fun place to start, as there's no player restrictions and it's all semi-pro so I can hire and fire at my free will. First game is against bitter rivals Auckland City. Wish me luck!

After reading about people doing Portsmouth saved games, I decided to start one myself. Set my reputation as automatic and the game start date as January 2010. Took them over and they were still in 20th position, however, they had a few wins and all the bottom teams were close on points, despite the -9 point deduction.

Just finished the season now, in 10th place, once the players got used to my formation, we were playing well in each game, pushing the opponent right up until the 90th minute. Kind of sad that we suffered a 2 - 0 defeat to Villa on last day of the season, but I'm glad we survived relegation and finished in a respectable position.

Man U won the title, and Wigan, Burnley and Fulham were relegated.

My transfers:

IN:

Christian Vieri (free transfer, only brought him in as backup)

Jimmy Briand (joining at end of contract)

Nicolas Burdisso (joining at end of contract)

Jerzey Dudek (joining at end of contract)

Roy Makaay (joining at end of contract)

Frederic Piquionne - 1.5 mil

Rigobert Song (joining at end of contract)

Amr Zaki (joining at end of contract)

OUT:

Tommy Smith - 1.8 mil

Nadir Belhadj - 3.7 mil

John Utaka - Loan fee 275k

Aaron Mokoena - Loan fee 160k

Steve Finnan - Loan fee 90k

David James - free (leaving at end of contract)

Hoping I'll have at least some money for next season, even just enough for loan fee's so I can bring in some guys on loan again.

I didn't have much luck at Porstmouth. First season i finished 11th but second season got sacked in October when i was 17th because the new board wanted me to finish mid table. Piquionne decided to stop being a 20 goal a season striker for me so with no one scoring and just conceeding i got let go. But atleast im still Nigeria manager (Took over after African Cup of Nations) yet to lose a game won all of them apart from a 1-1 draw with Wales in a friendly.

Still looking for a job i tried Sunderland and Sevilla but they decided to go against me so it's just waiting for a good job to come available not the likes of Colon in Argentina or Falkirk offering me jobs

Made a few more transfers on my Portsmouth game, but kind of regret reducing my wage budget in order to increase funds to get Piquionne, seeing as though he isn't even first choice for me now.

So the other transfers are:

IN:

Diego Buonanotte (free, joined at end of contract)

Lee Carsley (free, joined at end of contract)

George Boateng (free, joined at end of contract)

Jack Wilshere - Loan fee 2mil

Hassan Yebda - 700k

Damien Plessis - 130k

Hedwiges Marudo - 525k

Yildiray Basturk - free

Vagner Love - 4.7mil (was transfer listed at CSKA Moscow)

OUT:

Dave Nugent - 2.2.mil

John Utaka - 2.5mil

Richard Huges - 1mil

Omar Koroma - loan

Aaron Mokoena - 1.3mil

Papa Bouba Diop - 725k

Hayden Mullins - 1.1mil

Jamie Ashdown - 1.2mil

Christian Vieri - 100k

Nwankwo Kanu - 400k

Steve Finnan - 500k

Kevin-Prince Boateng - 3.6mil

Angelos Basinas - 325k

and some other youth/reserve guys.

Trying to offload a few more in order to get wages so I can get another keeper, seeing as though Niemi is probably going to retire soon, and Dudek hasn't even played for us yet due to two injuries, and I am being forced to use my reserve keeper Liam O'Brien. I had put him up for transfer at start of the season, but I'm glad I rejected the bids now and took him off the list, as he's my only fit keeper.

2 games played in league, 1 win (3-2 vs Blackburn) and 1 draw (2-2 vs United) which has put us 7th in league, and we've just beat Notts Co. 3 - 0 in the League Cup. Vagner Love is awesome, 3 games - 3 goals, hopefully he can keep up this form.

EDIT:

Oh Vagner Love, I love you. I was losing 1 - 0 to Villa, Makaay equalizes late on, which makes me happy as it looks like it's going to a draw. Added time 3 mins, last kick of the game, on 90+3, GOAL! Vagner Love! won 2 - 1. We're now 3rd in league, and it's mainly down to him, 10 appearances overall, 9 goals, and 8 assists, probably my favourite buy ever, in any FM game.

Edited by Sick N Twisted

• 2 weeks later...

Started a save with Benfica, Cardozo is still the fucking man in this game. In 08 he was better but god, is he awesome.

And Dzeko isn't all that bad either. Too bad that half of the football world is after my gems (Di Maria, Buonanotte, Coentrão, David Luiz) but I've holding them to dear life

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a proper game going on this as I got a new comp last week so it runs really well. Wanted a bit of a challenge in England but I tend to get bored starting anywhere lower than the Championship, as by the time you get near the Premiership the game is full of regens. (The thing I love doing most on FM is bringing in older players and making them awesome again, a la Allardyce at Bolton).

Speaking of Bolton, eventually decided to start as them. Told the board I'd finish top half so set about making the team tough to beat. So far I've brought in:

Olivier Dacourt (Free)

Tobias Linderoth (Free)

Arthur Boka (1.3m from Stuttgart)

Danko Lazovic (1.3m from PSV)

John Fleck (3.9m from Rangers)

Just played the 2 league games so far, both of which we've won, after an indifferent pre-season. Started with a 1-0 win away at Wigan in the single most boring game i've ever seen on FM, then absolutely thumped Birmingham 4-0 at home. Klasnic and Vladimir Weiss have been awesome so far, and Ricardo Gardner is a bit of a beast. Wasn't overly cofident of finishing in the top half when I started but seems like it's gonna be a fun season. Pleased to have finally gotten into FM again, my girlfriend will be less so >_<

So I've got a Notts County game going, dunno if I've mentioned it in here. Pissed the first season by about 30 points but things aren't going so well in League One... third after about 15 games and still undefeated but I'm drawing way too many games. My team is pretty decent:

GK: Kasper Schmeichel

DR: Sun Jihai

DL: Joseph Mills

DC: Ibrahima Sonko

DC: Martin Taylor

MR: Ben Davies

ML: Rohan Ricketts

MC: Mark Randall

MC: Damien Plessis

ST: Marlon Harewood

ST: Karl Hawley

I've got Andy Wilkinson coming in January to shore up my defence, trying to get Andy Dawson as well but we can't agree on a wage, which is a shame because if I got him I could push Mills up to ML. That's the one position I need to improve, though I could do with another striker because Harewood has actually been pretty shit. Davies and Hawley made the step up to League One well, they've probably been my best players this season. No good strikers or wingers are interested in coming to me. I've got Nacer Barazite who can slot in well instead of Ricketts but he's injured at the moment. Freddie Sears is here on loan but hasn't had much time on the pitch. Hopefully I can get promoted this season, get some Prem level players in next season and continue my march up the leagues. Have to stop conceding shit goals though.

Whoever bigged up Vagner Love is correct. I bought him at Everton, he was amazing. Then I moved to Spurs, took him with me. Again, superb.

After I left Spurs, I was offered the Arsenal job. Did I take it? Fuck yes. So now I've won the Prem with Spurs & Arse.

Anyway, Love is the second best striker I've worked with this career. Kun Aguero is absolutely amazing. Lukaku is close behing Love, too.

So after my Bolton side claimed consecutive victories at home to Man Utd (1-0) and Chelsea (2-0), followed by a 1-1 draw with Liverpool, I got over confident and decided to change from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 for my home game with West Ham. Lost 2-1, followed by a 3-0 spanking at Villa :(

Still, 8th after 10 games, with a brief foray into top spot. I'll take it.

I finally installed the patch with the January transfers. Now the game insists of having the disc in the machine whenever it loads. Its not a problem, just a little weird that it is suddenly insisting on it.

I've re-started playing my Man City game, though I'm tempted to start a new game as either Sheffield Utd or a random lower-table Premiership side.

Whoever bigged up Vagner Love is correct. I bought him at Everton, he was amazing. Then I moved to Spurs, took him with me. Again, superb.

After I left Spurs, I was offered the Arsenal job. Did I take it? Fuck yes. So now I've won the Prem with Spurs & Arse.

Anyway, Love is the second best striker I've worked with this career. Kun Aguero is absolutely amazing. Lukaku is close behing Love, too.

So, it would be fair to say that you love him then... :shifty:

Edited by Baddar
  • Like 1

Okay, so I swapped Newcastle with Portsmouth in the premier league... and i know you reap what I sew (Pavulachenko didn't wanna come to Newecastle, not sure how i feel about that)... But, I need a left back.. central defender.. a mid/right sided midfielder, and maybe a decent keeper.. Tim Krul is doing fine, but the kid need guidance. And will anyone take Steve Harper, heh..

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I had found out there was a Football Manager for the iPod Touch before. I quite like the game, it's quicker to play but still has an impressive amount of detail. It's a pretty perfect game for when I'm sitting on the bus or in class. I started off with West Ham who gave me £8mil transfer budget to get into Europe (they would have gave 9mil if I said I would win the title). Bit of a challenge but it's definitely fun.

Yeah, it's amazing how much they've squished in there. I started with Real Madrid in my first game and won the Champions League and La Liga in my first year, just pipping Barcelona in both. This all despite blowing my entire budget on Wayne Rooney only for him to score 4 goals in 51 games. Definitely the best portable manager game ever.