Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

I have played four seasons with Manchester City. Done pretty darn good so far, winning the league on all four occasions. In the spoiler tags below are the 'ins and outs' that happened that helped me get to where I am.

Recently was given the England job too - much trickier proposition. Beat Latvia, Andorra and Sweden in some qualifiers, but then lost 4-3 away to Belgium. Really. Nearly lost my job after a poor confederations cup showing too, drawing with Ivory Coast and losing to Australia and Brazil.

But yeah, below are screenies of how each season went.

In short - Torres, Gourcouff, Hazard, Zhirkov and Neuer are awesome. :)

2009/2010

Cup Record

League Cup

QF (Home) 1-2 Ipswich (That's what you get for playing youngsters >_>)

FA Cup

SF (Neutral) 0-0 Bolton, lost 4-2 on pens.

Transfers

fm2010mancitytransfers0.png

League Table

fm2010mancityfinaltable.png

2010/2011

Cup Record

Community Shield

Final (Neutral) 2-0 Arsenal

League Cup

Final (Neutral) 1-1 Arsenal, lost 4-2 on pens.

FA Cup

SF (Neutral) 0-4 Chelsea

Champs. League

SF (Home) 0-1 & (Away) 2-4 Real Madrid

Transfers

fm2010mancitytransfers1.png

fm2010mancitytransfers1.png

League Table

2011/2012

Cup Record

Community Shield

Final (Neutral) 2-1 Chelsea

League Cup

QF (Away) 3-3 Sunderland, lost 4-2 on pens.

FA Cup

F (Neutral) 2-0 Chelsea

Champs. League

Group Stage (w/Stade Rennais, Juventus, Athletico Madrid)

Transfers

fm2010mancitytransfers1.pngfm2010mancitytransfers1.png

League Table

2012/2013

Cup Record

Community Shield

Final (Neutral) 2-1 Man Utd

League Cup

QF (Away) 0-2 Man Utd

FA Cup

SF (Neutral) 1-1 Tottenham, lost 5-4 on pens.

Champs. League

F (Neutral) 1-0 Juventus

Transfers

fm2010mancitytransfers1.pngfm2010mancitytransfers1.pngfm2010mancitytransfers1.png

League Table

£60m for Yury Zhirkov? I got him for £52m less in my West Ham game. :shifty:

On a related note, Mauro Zarate is an absolute legend.

Yup, Palermo had bought him from Chelsea not long before that and, after a few immense seasons since the game's start, his price rocketed. *shrugs* It's not like I couldn't afford it. :P

Just finished my first season and got promoted in second and that was lucky. Cardiff were on 94 points in first and West Brom, myself and QPR were all on 93 in that order going into the last day of the season. Cardiff won, I won and the the other 2 lost, leaving me promoted with 3 points to spare and 1 behind Cardiff. I think I would've flung my IPod off the wall if I got 96 points and didn't get promoted.

The board loves me too because I manages to trim down the wage budget to under the desireable amount and yet still got promoted which is tough The dumping of the like Barton, Butt and Smith and their combined 170,000 per week wages for cheaper and younger alternatives, namely Adam who has been immense.

My team looks like this currently heading into the Premier League which has to get a 'respectable league position'. Brought in Kuranyi, Senderos, Greening and Milner thus far. Carroll will start over Bouazza and Enrique over Kadar when they're fit though and Colo may get the nod over Senderos too. Highly reccommend Alex Smithies too, got him for half nothing and he's amazing, young too.

image1zx.jpg

Edited by The Cool One

Finished my first season in the Premier League with Newcastle and survived on the last day with a draw against Everton

image1mn.jpg

I'm into my second season now and really bolstered my squad with some impressive youngsters, especially proud of capturing Mario Götze and Carlo Palumbo for frees. The one problem I have is with Smithies. Last season he became England no.1 and Man Utd began sniffing around but no bids luckily, however as sonn as the window opened I had to turn back £10mil offers from Arsenal and Liverpool which has made him unhappy ever since. His performance hasn't dropped so far this season but he's going to be unhappy as long as the offers keep coming in and they will. Glad I tied him down to a 5 year contract last season

image2lo.jpg

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Started a game as West Brom because they looked relatively easy. Romped through the pre-season without surrendering a goal (including a 1-0 home win against Spurs!), beat Leicester 2-1 in the first match of the season, dominated Walsall in the first round of the Cup but somehow couldn't score until extra time, won 2-0 in the end. Not bad considering most of my best players started the game injured and still are.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I was a little annoyed that we lost to Brigton in the 3rd round of the League Cup, but chalked it up to the fact that my team is shit if it's raining.

But then I get a bit further in, and Brighton beats Man City on penalties in the next round.

I don't feel so bad now.

I started a game as Man City. Decided to give myself a persona, inspired by everybody's verbal fellatio of Mourinho for the past couple of weeks. So I'm a rugged 37 year-old Romanian ex-international who spent most of his career at Rapid Bucharest, briefly interrupted by a spell in Qatar to take advantage of what he thought was a developing market, and finishing up spending two seasons in the US for the same reasons - not the money, honest. Spent a couple of years after retiring as a kind of liason between manager and chairman at Rapid Bucharest before joining Man City, who were inspired by his forward-thinking style :shifty:, in 2005 and eventually rising up to become a director of football type who drove Mark Hughes out of the club and is now presiding over matters while the Arabs find a world class manager to bring in. Of course, I'll end up doing so well they just stick with me!

Playing 4-4-2 with inside-out wingers as is the fashion these days, training Petrov to play on the right and Robinho plays on the left. I think SWP's game may be more suited to cutting inside from the left also. It's worked pretty well in friendlies, Tevez and Adebayor move into the space while they cut inside so I effectively have four up front in attacking moves and I've told my defence and Barry and De Jong to stay put so I shouldn't get raped on the counter. Trying not to scout players in this game, mostly trying to go with my own instincts. Signed Rubin's Argentinian left back for 17m, bit steep for a 21/22 year old but he looks like he'll become pretty impressive and it's not like I can't afford it. Signed another young Argentinian called Defederico, another left footer for my right wing. Also got some Ukrainian guy who plays DRC as back up for Zabaleta, who I'm playing instead of Richards. I don't really want to do much with Richards because he's been such a hero for me as Man City on FM09 and I don't wanna go down the same route in this game. The Ukrainian is pretty shit and the fans aren't too impressed with the signing but they loved the other two so they can fuck off. As I'm Romanian I'll also be signing any young Romanian with a glimmer of potential... got my eye on this 18 year old Rapid striker who Benfica want. Can't even see his stats but fuck it, I'll buy him anyway. When my reputation is high enough I'll buy Chivu and Mutu as well. Rockin'.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

And Brighton just beat Sheff Utd to advance to the League Cup semi-finals.

More importantly, does anybody else think a neat option would be for FM to include the Roller Coaster Tycoon pincers, allowing you to pick players up and move them around the pitch at will? :shifty:

Screw Steam and this shitty rule of only being able to play games when you are connected online! I am on night shift, I am bored, give me Football Manager!

Program files>steam>steamapps>common>football manager 2010> fm.exe..............

should work

Nah, it doesn't. You need to set it up in Steam to be able to play offline, except when you can't get into steam this is pretty damn impossible. Serves me right for not doing it previously. I'll just buy the disc next time instead of being too lazy to head to the shops.

I'm still playing FM 2007, which I only installed on laptop a couple of months ago. Is the 2010 version a big enough improvement for me to buy or should I stick with 07? It's currently on offer at £15 in Asda and £13 on Amazon.

Or download it illegally ;) But 15/13 is nothing for the amount of time you'll probably spend playing 2010 if you like FM games. FM07 looks poo compared to 2010 and there are many small and also big improvements so I'd buy the game if I were you. 2010 runs surprisingly well, better than 2009 for sure.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

2010 is such a big overhaul that you should get it, it's completely different. 07 and 08 were very similar with 08 being awful. Then 09 had a lot of stuff and was awesome. Then 10 had a new interface and sharpened up on everything from 09 like press conferences, 3D pitch and the facegen stuff. Plus yeah, it runs smoother. For £15 it's well worth it.

Even if I am having trouble getting into a game.

GK: Schmeichel

DR: Sun Jihai

DL: Jospeh Mills

DC: Ibrahima Sonko

DC: Andy Wilkinson

MR: Nacer Barazite

ML: Ben Davies

MC: Damien Plessis

MC: Simon Ferry/Mark Randall

FC: Marlon Harewood

FC: Karl Hawley

WHY IS THIS NOTTS COUNTY TEAM NOT RAPING LEAGUE ONE :@

I started a Notts County game because I couldn't be fucked to set up individual tactics, I just wanted my money to buy players who could smash and destroy :(