Carling Cup Thread 2009/2010

Adam

Not liking the idea of Young,Milner and Agbonlahor running at Neville would have liked Wes Brown on instead, Berbatov and Park have been playing good I can see this going to penalties

Or that! that guy is just unstoppable this season, it's what we have been doing all game with Berbatov playing in Valencia or Park and it's finally paid off.

Edited by The Future

Pretty entertaining match overall. I think United were the better time, hitting the woodwork twice. There will definitely be contraversy over the Vidic tackle at the start of the match. But Villa didn't look too dangerous for the last half hour. Though, Milner is pretty damn awesome.

Boring game, I thought. Vidic should've been sent off, but Man Utd would've had it in the bag without him anyway. Villa were ineffective up front, and lucky to even have 1 goal next to their name.

I'm a fan of Aston Villa though, so I hope they achieve success in the FA Cup.

• Like 1

Come on BBC, I understand Rooney got the header, but at least give one of the other 11 players a mention. Park was brilliant today and possibly our best player. Berbatov was excellent once again even in the second half when it was clear his knee was giving him some trouble. Valencia was actually awarded Man of the Match but his contribution didn't even get talked about (I personally think Warnock and Villa did a good job in containing him until those 15 minutes when he stepped up a gear). Carrick recovered well from a poor first half to have a good second half along with Fletcher. Yet even before the match when they knew he isn't playing, he was the only person for Man Utd to get talked about as a good player.

The game itself reminded me of the match at Villa Park where Villa took an early lead and then sat back a bit and ultimately got overrun.. Would have liked a bit more intent from Villa because they really could have exposed the defence if they attacked a bit more.

Didn't see the Vidic foul (or the first 30 minutes for that matter) so I can't really comment on that, but seriously, when the fuck did Rooney learn how to head the ball into the net? Catches me off guard with those every single time he plays. :blush:

More Villa fans moaning about a referee? :lol:

Dunne summed it up perfectly after the match when he firstly said the sending off could of made things worst for Villa and then going on to say the game was better without it. Either way, we were the much better team on the day. Villa just seemed to lose all of their steam in the second half, we should of probably had a few more really. Gutted for Owen, fantastic goal. Berbatov played great and of course Rooney is just a step ahead of everybody right now. Personally thought it was a great game.

• Like 1

Hard to win a game when the Ref is wearing a United shirt.. :) Oh well. Fuck paid-off referees. Can't bring us down, we're the mighty Villa.

We might not be able to bring you down, but it seems you can't win any silverware :/

• Like 2

Get over yourself, babe. The ref was shocking. No card for Vidic, then two bookings for Villa players.. then Rafael makes two tackles, badly, gets a warning, Feltch gets a warning.. etc.

No one is saying "we woulda won with Vidic off!" 'cause we don't know. But the rules are the rules, are the rules. & we deserved the game to be played how it should of been, which is with Vidic in the dressing room. So you coming in here to stir the pot is just a bit pathetic really.

Where about in Manchester you from? Oops, nevermind.

• Like 2

Hard to win a game when the Ref is wearing a United shirt.. :) Oh well. Fuck paid-off referees. Can't bring us down, we're the mighty Villa.

We might not be able to bring you down, but it seems you can't win any silverware :/

5th most successful club in England, but nope, we've never won anything. :o

• Like 1

Get over yourself, babe. The ref was shocking. No card for Vidic, then two bookings for Villa players.. then Rafael makes two tackles, badly, gets a warning, Feltch gets a warning.. etc.

No one is saying "we woulda won with Vidic off!" 'cause we don't know. But the rules are the rules, are the rules. & we deserved the game to be played how it should of been, which is with Vidic in the dressing room. So you coming in here to stir the pot is just a bit pathetic really.

Where about in Manchester you from? Oops, nevermind.

I think the entire country came to the conclusion that it should of more than likely been a red. Add that to the fact that the referee had a overall shit game, which nobody is denying really. It's just the typical stuff of certain people moaning about losing and completely blaming the referee, when really Villa just weren't anywhere near good enough on the day. The referee made a shit mistake, as most of them do week in week out. You got a penalty in the first few minutes and had 85+ minutes to decide the game and didn't, it's that simple.

• Like 1

Not talked about the game or performance, no reason to. The game was scrappy, the ref was shocking. Anyone completely blaming the ref is an idiot, as stated, had 85+ minutes to win the game, despite the referee's mistake. Neither team played great, we just - as known by all - lack the clinical edge teams need. My only point is, the game would have been completely different had Vidic gone - and obviously as a Villa fan - I wanted to see that game. Every chance Rooney woulda came on and still won the game. But we'll never know.

• Like 1