AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I have a strong feeling Merle might be a member or the leader of the new group. Especially since...

They started this storyline with Daryl resenting the group. It'd be the perfect time to re-introduce Merle back in to the picture, to make Daryl choose. Also, Kirkman has promised a "huge payoff" for the 2nd half of this season.

Im mostly just eagerly awaiting for the episode where Shane just completely snaps. Most of everything else has been great, but I really want to see Shane snap just to see the fallout from it.

Edited by Vitamin E

That'd be fantastic. Anyway, I haven't read the books. Someone tell me briefly whom/what the Governor is, please.

Major Comic spoilers:

Imagine every post-Apocalyptic movie you've ever seen that features some crazy psychopath leading a town of survivors. The Governor is that guy with the volume turned up to max. A rapist, a torturer, carries on a "romantic" relationship with his toddler-aged daughter that's also a zombie, makes people fight gladiator style while surrounded by zombies, cuts Rick's hand off, leads an all-out assault on Rick's crew that leaves several major characters dead. He's far and away the biggest villain in the comics.

• Like 1

Same vague comic spoilers as Zero's;

The issue where the Governor does the full-on assault on Rick's group is one of the most amazing and brutal issues of a comic I have ever read. I'm pretty sure the end result is at least half of the group dead.

• Like 1

Robert Kirkman recently wrote a novel called "The Rise of the Governor" that covers how he came to be, but I haven't read it yet. As for the rest:

He cuts off Rick's hand when Rick and a few others go into the Governor's town to check the place out. The Governor takes them prisoner, brutally rapes a key character (that hasn't appeared on the show yet) and cuts off Rick's hand. And yeah, he keeps zombies around for sport. And he's removed all of his zombie daughter's teeth so she can't bite him when he molests her.

I got my girlfriend the compendium volume 1 for Christmas for quite a nice low price which is issues 1-48 it covers the whole Governor thing http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Compendium-1/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329780247&sr=1-1

If I bought this, how far off 'up to date' am I? Is there a Compendium Vol 2 out/due out?

Am I the only one that thinks they should kill off T-Dog?

They kinda made him interesting during the whole debacle with the fat zombie in the well, but he's barely been on-screen since. He's hardly the problem that he was in season 1 though. Carol can go though.

EDIT

If I bought this, how far off 'up to date' am I? Is there a Compendium Vol 2 out/due out?

You'd be about halfway to where they are now. I think Compendium 2 is due out sometime this year, probably right around the time the 100th issue comes out, which I think is in August.

Am I the only one that thinks they should kill off T-Dog?

They kinda made him interesting during the whole debacle with the fat zombie in the well, but he's barely been on-screen since. He's hardly the problem that he was in season 1 though. Carol can go though.

EDIT

You'd be about halfway to where they are now. I think Compendium 2 is due out sometime this year, probably right around the time the 100th issue comes out, which I think is in August.

I thought Robert Kirkman didn't give a definitive release date for it yet. I think the question was addressed in a recent issue in Letter Hacks.

My problem with T-Dog is that he's just kind of there. He blends into the background and often times I forget he even exists.

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

I was actually able to catch up on about 5 years worth of issues in about 4 hours when I stayed at Barnes and Noble while my mom was off at work. It is by far my favorite comic series.

Spoilers on the Comic series. Nothing major, I just wouldn't read it if you haven't caught up. Also a rumor on a character.

The show and the comics seem to be intersecting again with the introduction of a new group. In the January issue, someone is caught and brought into the Alexandria communtiy and mentions tons of other groups. Fairly similar to each other. Plus, there has been a rumor that with Daryl being such a hit on the show that he may be part of the new group.

I've had the Rise of the Governor since it came out but have yet to get around to it. I'll probably take it with me when I start traveling again.

Ask a silly question but when does it premiere in the States, i.e. when is the second one after the break aired? Trying to remember when to avoid this thread...

The first two episodes post winter break have aired. New eps air on Sundays.

Ask a silly question but when does it premiere in the States, i.e. when is the second one after the break aired? Trying to remember when to avoid this thread...

The first two episodes post winter break have aired. New eps air on Sundays.