AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Regarding The Governor and Merle

I see Merle being the right hand man of The Governor, and Merle ATTEMPTING to cut off Rick's hand, for revenge. I could see The Governor being a sadistic SOB who is pleasant one minute, and evil the next. I fully expect Merle to constantly be wanting to harm Rick, only for The Governor to deny him the request. It simmers the entire season until around the finale when we get a Rick/Merle fight.

Regarding The Governor and Merle

I see Merle being the right hand man of The Governor, and Merle ATTEMPTING to cut off Rick's hand, for revenge. I could see The Governor being a sadistic SOB who is pleasant one minute, and evil the next. I fully expect Merle to constantly be wanting to harm Rick, only for The Governor to deny him the request. It simmers the entire season until around the finale when we get a Rick/Merle fight.

I just don't know if they are gonna stick around the entire season to get a fight between Rick and the second banana. I feel like this arc will encompass all of season three, but we'll see closure before they move on for S4.

Comic spoilers till today.

I think in the comics they staied at the prison a very long time (in issue numbers) so they might just stay there for more than one season.

It will be interesting to see were they go afterwards. If i remember it correctly the next season would be pretty much on the road and after that it´s already caught up to were to comic is today. But the Pison somehow is the last very iconic theme of the comic to me so they might just go of inventing stuff of their own after that.

I don't agree with barely anything that was said in that article.

Thought the finale was fantastic and I was in a position that outside of a few main players, I didn't know who was going to bite the dust. I think the characterisation of Rick in the finale was brilliant and his speech at the end was refreshing to hear. Lori is terrible, though. Like, really really annoying. Daryll is still awesome, too. Overall I feel season two was pretty damn good. There were a few points where it did feel a bit slow and some of the characters felt a bit flat to me, but the last three episodes have barely put a foot wrong.

Pleasantly suprised we don't have to wait a year for the series like last time - I can't wait.

• Like 1

It seems that most people's complaints about the show is that it does not follow the comic and I always ask...so? Michonne was not in the first episode! Oh no! Why would you want to watch a show that you literally have the exact script of at home in the comic? That seems to be the bulk of the argument in that article and the comments being made.

It seems that most people's complaints about the show is that it does not follow the comic

Who is actually doing that in this thread? I think it's awesome that they deviate from the comic.

I think EVERYONE likes it. The comics are amazing.. and the show is very good. The two don't spoil each other because they're different..

The blog post makes good points.. Rick is less dimensional in the show, Dale (while a good character) was the boring moral-side of it all.. when Herschel fills that role much more naturally. The farm lasted much too long and for a long time they did feel too safe, and yes of course the prison is going to be a fantastic change of pace. I think everyone is excited about the Prison-arc.

It seems that most people's complaints about the show is that it does not follow the comic and I always ask...so? Michonne was not in the first episode! Oh no! Why would you want to watch a show that you literally have the exact script of at home in the comic? That seems to be the bulk of the argument in that article and the comments being made.

Michonne doesn't appear until later. Her intro that's one of the things that's actually pretty close to her comic intro, IIRC.

That article was stupid though, it's full of flaws with someone who just wants a page for page translation, which is unrealistic.

Speaking of comic/TV changes, I thought I'd be let down with Shane's death (IE: the order of who kills him), because I adore Carl and Rick's exchange in the comic...

"It's not like killing the dead ones, dad."

"It's not supposed to be son... it's not supposed to."

Or something to that effect.

I still miss it, but the way it played out on TV, whilst not as touching, was certainly more dramatically interesting, with Rick being forced to make the decision to kill his friend.

My one complaint for the show might be the pacing. They spent the entire first season in Atlanta and the entire second on Hershel's farm. Yes they spend a long time in the Prison in the comic but a lot of shit goes down when they're there. Not a whole lot happened in Atlanta or on the farm. They covered the major plot points on the farm in like 3 episodes. Season 3 is going to probably be the best season.

comic spoiler/possible tv spoiler

They better introduce Axel on the show. I love that guy. You follow me?

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

I see where you're coming from, but I guess it's also a buget thing - surely? I mean, the whole thing must be pretty expensive to make with all the make up and effects some of the sequences call for, so have one location for a whole season probably helps keep costs down slightly. If they were moving around each episode, it'd surely cost a bomb.

That is indeed the, rumoured, reason they stayed on the farm so long.

Some comic-Prison discussion..

What do people expect inmate wise? More/less? Same people/different? Having read deeper into the series now, I do hope Tyresse shows up.. great character. And some of his scenes/panels/story were fantastic.

Comic/Prison spoiler

I don't know if they'll introduce Thomas in the show. Since the twins were never a part of the show so the whole "who killed the twins" story won't be there. Axel needs to be in the show though. I'm sure they'll introduce some new prisoner characters for the show.

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

Same deal;

Thomas could always kill Beth. Though I think if they were to bring the same prisoners in they'd do a swerve with Thomas because there's no shock for a significant portion of the audience. I think both Axel and Dexter would probably end up showing up no matter what.

Same deal;

Thomas could always kill Beth. Though I think if they were to bring the same prisoners in they'd do a swerve with Thomas because there's no shock for a significant portion of the audience. I think both Axel and Dexter would probably end up showing up no matter what.

I forgot about Beth but I agree they'd be no surprise if Thomas was revealed as the killer for most fans. I just want to see Rick beat someone with his bare hands though.

Same deal;

I forgot about Beth but I agree they'd be no surprise if Thomas was revealed as the killer for most fans. I just want to see Rick beat someone with his bare hands though.

I think we might see a Tyresse..type character come in the form as an inmate, unless they're going to bump into him and the kids while they walk towards the Prison. I think the suicide-pact could make interesting TV. Like you said Thomas appearing and being as he is in the comic would be a waste of a twist.. but we'll see.

It seems that most people's complaints about the show is that it does not follow the comic

Who is actually doing that in this thread? I think it's awesome that they deviate from the comic.

I meant in general, not the forum or thread. I know people that say these things and the article was basically centered around that.