World Athletics Championship (Berlin)

I'm honestly wondering how much faster the guy can go. It's almost like he's nearing closer and closer to fucking 9 seconds dead on, which is just insane. He still looks like he's got so much more to give as well, which is staggering. I'd be surprised if I ever see anybody as fast, good or entertaining as this guy in my lifetime. Is he running the 200m as well in this Championship?

On a side note, Jessica Ennis won the gold in the Heptahlon, which is awesome for GB. Great performance as well, highly impressive.

I totally forgot to watch this in the evening after the Liverpool game (N) Delighted for Jess Ennis, she's been superb this weekend (well, in the five events I saw anyway). Does anyone know where Louise Hazel finished in the Heptathlon as well?

She finished about 13th (could of been 14th/15th, I missed the finishing tables outside of the top 8 because all the hype was on Ennis) IIRC. Didn't do too bad in 800m either.

I love Athletics and Bolt is just insanely good! Gay ran such a fast race as well with 9.71 but that was nothing compared to Bolt. He's truly outstanding and watching him run is a real joy and something special.

Fraser takes the gold in the Women's 100m, but I'd say Jeter has to be hugely disappointed. I thought she could of actually won it, but she really didn't get nowhere near a good enough start and that cost her. She certainly didn't look happy afterwards and I think she's much better than what we just see.

Never really watched athletics before, but I've been watching infrequently over the past few days, and I've liked what I've seen. Might take more of an interest after this.

Plus it's been good fun pointing out all the Jamaicans in the qualifying heats/semi-finals and being like "yeah, gonna qualify" and then being right >_>

Bwahaha. The 800m womens favourite, Caster Semenya, who suddenly burst on to the scene a couple of months ago, has been asked to take a gender verification test. Personally...she does look a *bit* mannish...

Lookie!

I cannot believe in this day and age that an athlete would attempt to fool the world by pretending to be a woman. On another forum I've just expressed how embarrassing forcing Caster Semenya to undergo these tests must be for her, and how it will overshadow her gold medal performance. The video however certainly shows Caster to be a very manly female, but not everyone looks stunning, do they?

Yeah, it must be hard for her with them questioning all this stuff. Then again, you just never know.

Jenny Meadows was fantastic, what an unbelievable performance to take the bronze. I personally thought she deserved silver for that, but missed out by a matter of split seconds. The way she just fired back in the last 150M was amazing, great job.

Finland hasn't fared well in the games so far, our best athlete so far has been Jukka Keskisalo who finished 8th in the men's 3000 m steeplechase. But our hope is in javelin throw, where we have four throwers who are all among the top 10 in the world.

Long gone are the days of Finnish success in the athletics. In the 90s we at least got medals from four or five events, but nowadays it's mostly one medal... :(