College Football 2009 Season thread~!

ROC

What exactly is lucky about Iowa winning by 18?

1. Stanzi threw 5 picks

2. Indiana got a TD overturned that was clearly a TD

3. Iowa got a lucky pick 6 on a couple lucky bounces their way

4. A late TD made it look worse than it was, not to mention the 28 4th quarter points...

I'm guessing you barely watched any of the game.

Glad you agree. Got off to a slow start, got it turned around took control, and dominated late. I don't really believe in luck as each team has multiple opportunities to win or lose.

Going into the 4th quarter it was 24-14 Indiana.

3 and out, Iowa gets ball - one play TD. 24-21

3 and out, Iowa gets ball - one play TD. 24-28

Iowa intercepts Indiana - six play drive for TD, 24-35

3 and out - 9 play TD drive, 24-42

Iowa interception, runs clock out

Fairly dominant performance in the fourth quarter... oh wait, luck. :rolleyes:

The Vols' black jerseys tonight are SA-WHEET!! Hope they keep them as alternate jerseys like some teams have instead of just doing this for Halloween home games, but I doubt it.

You, my friend, is the only person who has this thought

The Vols' black jerseys tonight are SA-WHEET!! Hope they keep them as alternate jerseys like some teams have instead of just doing this for Halloween home games, but I doubt it.

You, my friend, is the only person who has this thought

No...he's not. I just caught a glimpse of the game as I was walking about at work, but I had to stop and get a good look at the jerseys. I admire them greatly.

A ball that bounces off of four people and just so happens to land in your lap and returned for six is luck, yes. When you couple that with the blown call by the officials (yes, it was a TD and easily so) that answered the four bounce INT score for Iowa then yes, they got a little lucky in this one.

Eh, I wasn't so hot on the black jerseys for UT. They weren't horrid, but they didn't do anything for me either. I'm just waiting to see just how good Monte's D is going to be next year ... yowza.

1 Florida (38) 8-0 1448

2 Texas (13) 8-0 1408

3 Alabama (8) 8-0 1390

4 Cincinnati 8-0 1212

5 Boise State 8-0 1211

6 TCU 8-0 1147

7 Oregon 7-1 1130

8 Iowa 9-0 1127

9 LSU 7-1 1036

10 Georgia Tech 8-1 949

11 Penn State 8-1 886

12 USC 6-2 741

13 Houston 7-1 707

14 Pittsburgh 7-1 690

15 Ohio State 7-2 636

16 Miami (FL) 6-2 602

17 Utah 7-1 552

18 Oklahoma State 6-2 361

19 Notre Dame 6-2 352

20 Oklahoma 5-3 348

21 Arizona 5-2 322

22 Virginia Tech 5-3 185

23 California 6-2 181

24 Wisconsin 6-2 172

25 Brigham Young 6-2 130

copied from ESPN; new BCS standings*

edit: oh wait no its not; AP aha

Edited by Mr Evil Guy

That's the AP Poll but that is mighty tasty.

2 non BCS'rs ahead of THREE BCS conference leaders :) ... I love it.

By default I am now a Pittsburgh/WV/UConn (tough slate for Cincy to ride out)

Northwestern/OhioSt/Minnesota (Iowa could drop two of those)

Wake Forest/Duke/UGA (I don't see GT dropping any)

If we can get Cincy with a loss (although undefeated Cincy and two loss Pitt is just as good) and Iowa with a loss, we can see some REAL problems creeping in for the BCS. Houston is lurking at 13 and have made up for their inexplicable faceplant against UTEP.

It's shaping up ...

People against the BCS should actually want Cincinnati and Iowa to go undefeated as well, as it gets the Big East and Big Ten involved in a playoff discussion. Having them lose actually helps the BCS case as 95% of people will view SEC/BigXII championship the rightful two best teams (and compared to BSU/TCU they are). All other arguments about other bowl games are irrelevant. For the BCS to be changed into the popular, and terrible, decision of a playoff - people should want as many undefeateds as possible, and in the biggest conferences as well.

It's a two faced argument and you know that.

That is the kind of selective blindness that the BCS is counting on. I'm not that stupid, sorry. While against the system, I have to work within it because it's what is in place at the moment. Wanting as many undefeated teams from BCS schools as possible EXCLUDES non-BCS schools from national title/BCS Bowl contention. In order for the system to be changed the non-BCS schools have to be involved in the BCS Bowls and beating the "better" conference schools. That's the ONLY way they get included, period. NOT by having 4/5 undefeated BCS Conference champions. That's the farthest thing from helping the non BCS'rs.

Oh, and to non-BCS schools the "other" BCS Bowls are more than relevant.

The more undefeated BCS schools you have, the more exclusive they become. That's the entire premise that the BCS was based on. "we're better than you" ... more undefeated BCS schools will only further widen that preceived gap and create more hoops for non BCS'rs to jump through.

Non BCS schools are 3-1 in BCS Bowls ... THAT is what will get things changed.

The more undefeated BCS schools you have the more opposition to the current system you have. They aren't going to care if they have two big guys undefeated, thus, leaving out BSU/TCU. You have to have someone else in a BCS conference left out to raise a significant argument that would promote change in the future. All you'll get with BSU/TCU left out is a little media scuttlebutt which will be a debate about who they play/beat in comparison to SEC/B12 etc.

The BCS are the six conference as we know... so you want opposition coming from the inside, not the outside. The more undefeated BCS teams, the bigger the push for a playoff to put their teams in a playoff. With only two undefeateds in the BCS, they view it as the system working and it won't matter what BSU/TCU say.

Oregon would stomp Boise right now, and if Boise played Oregon's schedule, they wouldn't be undefeated. Half the teams in the Pac 10 would have, at most, one loss with Boise's schedule, and that loss would be to Oregon.

Hell, UCLA would have one loss, and we fucking suck. Speaking of which, don't ever tell me how great the SEC is, since UCLA can't win a game in the Pac 10, and they beat Tennessee, who's, at least, competitive in the SEC.